Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 03:09 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,751,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilshire View Post
Liberal CALIFORNIA whites want that.

Gun control in California has been historically used to suppress minorities. Supporting Jim Crow gun control laws is exactly what unites Liberal Whites in California.
Try again. I was a liberal white born and raised in LA until 5 years ago. Didnt thing it then either.

And while Im pretty moderate on guns, Texas is backwards on a lot of issues too. You dont have to agree with everything to love where you live. I love Houston, I despise the religious frauds that run this states. When you try to run a state like a religion there are byproducts there too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2018, 03:18 PM

334 posts, read 286,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys fan in Houston View Post
Try again. I was a liberal white born and raised in LA until 5 years ago. Didnt thing it then either.

And while Im pretty moderate on guns, Texas is backwards on a lot of issues too. You dont have to agree with everything to love where you live. I love Houston, I despise the religious frauds that run this states. When you try to run a state like a religion there are byproducts there too.
Houston's rate of conceal carry is 10,000x greater than Los Angeles.

You know that Mexican gangs have been committing hate crimes on Blacks in LA?

Do you see that in Houston? No. Because the conceal carry rate there is 10% and it's better to be polite in an armed society dude!

Sure, I know Texas has it's problems too. But you also know CA totally makes it seem like TX is backwards, but in fact TX is more progressive on several issues.

i.e. women who live in cars can protect themselves from rape in Texas. Not so in CA. So homeless people have more rights in TX than CA.

Old 04-09-2018, 03:23 PM

2 posts, read 940 times
Quote:
Complaining on the internet has helped the cause of many people already. California should become more like Texas, a place that embraces diversity and the 2nd Amendment. Period.
What has it done for your cause?

Old 04-09-2018, 03:32 PM

3,477 posts, read 6,512,981 times
Quote:
Houston is more diverse than California, this is a fact.
Uh, no. Sacramento, Oakland and Long Beach are more diverse than Houston. They're much more Asian while still have large Hispanic and African-American populations. (Houston is only 6% Asian).

Old 04-09-2018, 03:57 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
I agree, OP; more guns are the solution to every social ill. Including diversity.

No, wait, I mean--the lack of diversity. Or. wait.....hunh?

Old 04-09-2018, 04:14 PM

1,616 posts, read 2,490,821 times
I am a very liberal white person.

I believe that the percentage of irresponsible and ignorant morons is rapidly approaching critical mass in this country. Not at all confined to one race, political orientation or socio-economic level.

I believe that most people shouldn't be allowed to breed without undergoing grueling testing and evaluation. Regardless of race, political orientation or socio-economic level. Minimizes the creation of more potential morons.

I believe that most drivers should have their licenses revoked. Regardless of race, political orientation or socio-economic level.

I believe that abortions should be free and available to all women. Regardless of race, political orientation or socio-economic level. Minimizes the creation of more potential morons. Instead of playing with guns, feel free to have irresponsible sex. Less dangerous all around. Chafing is not fatal unlike bullet wounds.

I believe that arming American citizens should be banned and declared illegal. Regardless of race, political orientation or socio-economic level. Considering how poorly they handle cars, motorcycles, lawn equipment, kitchen utensils, and cell phones why would I want these morons armed?

If you doubt the stupidity of humans, search for "fails" on You Tube.

The LAST thing Los Angeles (or any city) needs is guns.

Chew on that for a while.

Old 04-09-2018, 05:02 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,751,740 times
Quote:
Houston's rate of conceal carry is 10,000x greater than Los Angeles.

You know that Mexican gangs have been committing hate crimes on Blacks in LA?

Do you see that in Houston? No. Because the conceal carry rate there is 10% and it's better to be polite in an armed society dude!

Sure, I know Texas has it's problems too. But you also know CA totally makes it seem like TX is backwards, but in fact TX is more progressive on several issues.

i.e. women who live in cars can protect themselves from rape in Texas. Not so in CA. So homeless people have more rights in TX than CA.
No, its because race relations between blacks and Hispanics are much, MUCH better in Houston than LA. They always have been. Also, there are very few gangs in Houston despite Houston having a higher violent crime rate than LA.

Youre trying to make it a correlation with guns and there is no evidence of that at all.

Old 04-09-2018, 05:24 PM

20,871 posts, read 9,541,930 times
Quote:
Houston is even more diverse than LA, and nearly 10% of Houstonians conceal carry legally.

They don't have gang race wars because no one is scared of gangs and an armed society is a polite society.

Why can't we have that? Is it the Liberal whites who don't want Houston in LA?
Houston homicide rate: 13.3 homicdes/100K people
Los Angeles homicide rate: 7.1 homicides/100K people

Source. Data is for 2015.

You just made a complete fool of yourself.

Old 04-09-2018, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I agree, OP; more guns are the solution to every social ill. Including diversity.

No, wait, I mean--the lack of diversity. Or. wait.....hunh?

The origins of California's gun control laws is to keep minorities from achieving full status as "whites".

It happened in 1923 (Governor Richardson of the KKK) to keep Latinos and Asians down by taking away their 2A rights. Then it happened in 1968 (Governor Reagan) to keep Blacks down in California in the Mulford Act.

Gun control in California has been about suppressing minorities.

Old 04-09-2018, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys fan in Houston View Post
No, its because race relations between blacks and Hispanics are much, MUCH better in Houston than LA. They always have been. Also, there are very few gangs in Houston despite Houston having a higher violent crime rate than LA.

Youre trying to make it a correlation with guns and there is no evidence of that at all.
Gangs cannot terrorize normal people, if normal people are armed and conceal carrying legally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies