Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2018, 04:21 PM

613 posts, read 361,278 times

Advertisements

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...m_npd_nn_fb_ma

Interesting:

The South is home to 10 of the 15 fastest-growing cities in the country, which have seen population increases at an average rate of 9.4 percent since 2010.

Who moves to those cities mostly? Well liberals looking for cheaper places to live in.

I would never step my foot in rural Georgia, but I could totally live in Atlanta.

Same for Austin, SA or Houston in Texas.

From 2010 to 2016, the black population in the region grew by 2 million, while the Hispanic population grew by 3 million, largely in Texas and Florida, according to William Frey, a demographer and author of “Diversity Explosion: How New Racial Demographics Are Remaking America.”

The real reason why Repubs are so racist in their immigration policies: they know it's an existential threat.

"55 percent of those in the South now support same-sex marriage — a remarkable shift in just a few years — and 69 percent support giving undocumented immigrants a chance to apply for legal status" - wow, I guess South isn't as backwards as one would think based on trump supporters speaking out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2018, 04:44 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,127,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immerse View Post

Interesting:

The South is home to 10 of the 15 fastest-growing cities in the country, which have seen population increases at an average rate of 9.4 percent since 2010.

Who moves to those cities mostly? Well liberals looking for cheaper places to live in.

I would never step my foot in rural Georgia, but I could totally live in Atlanta.

From 2010 to 2016, the black population in the region grew by 2 million, while the Hispanic population grew by 3 million, largely in Texas and Florida, according to William Frey, a demographer and author of “Diversity Explosion: How New Racial Demographics Are Remaking America.”

The real reason why Repubs are so racist in their immigration policies: they know it's an existential threat.

"55 percent of those in the South now support same-sex marriage — a remarkable shift in just a few years — and 69 percent support giving undocumented immigrants a chance to apply for legal status" - wow, I guess South isn't as backwards as one would think based on trump supporters speaking out!
Native ATLien here. The South in general is nowhere near as "backwards" as people think. ATL, Charlotte, Raleigh-Durham, and Nashville are very highly-educated and high-income. Many of the best universities are in the South--UNC, Duke, GA Tech, Emory, UAB, Vanderbilt, Tulane, Rice.

You'd be surprised how many blacks and latinos are libertarian or conservative--especially in the South.

Old 04-12-2018, 04:45 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,284,461 times
Obama and the huge majorities in the House and Senate was supposed to be the end of Conservatives.

Old 04-12-2018, 04:47 PM

581 posts, read 457,253 times
Why is it assumed that just because you're black or Hispanic you're a Liberal? A lot of Hispanics in conservative states vote Republican.

Old 04-12-2018, 04:55 PM

37,960 posts, read 17,902,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immerse View Post

Interesting:

How is it a last gasp? Granted I'm talking to a person with vulger views of an entire region so I'm not expecting much.

Old 04-12-2018, 04:58 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,126,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Obama and the huge majorities in the House and Senate was supposed to be the end of Conservatives.
Trump is becoming a gift to the left. He embodies all of the Right's demons in one man, for the world to see. Blue wave coming in November and feel free to quote me on that when November comes.

Old 04-12-2018, 05:00 PM

581 posts, read 457,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
Trump is becoming a gift to the left. He embodies all of the Right's demons in one man, for the world to see. Blue wave coming in November and feel free to quote me on that when November comes.
Sure just like Hillary was a shoe-in to win the election, right?

Old 04-12-2018, 05:04 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,284,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
i don't doubt that happens. It will be little more than what generally happens.

5,075 posts, read 2,286,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklesNShine View Post
Why is it assumed that just because you're black or Hispanic you're a Liberal? A lot of Hispanics in conservative states vote Republican.

And more than a few Hispanics in liberal areas vote Republican. I happen to know quite a few of them.

Anyway, define "conservative". The evangelicals, perhaps, are dwindling. You'd be making quite a mistake if you think that all conservatives fall into that category. I'm a conservative - at least that's how I think of myself, yet I support same-sex marriage and think that while abortion is morally wrong, I'm all for a woman having the right to choose that option in her first trimester.

I think the number of conservatives who think a huge military-industrial complex is a good thing might be dwindling, too. Losing your sons, fathers, cousins and friends in pointless wars will wear on anyone.

Conservative probably doesn't mean what the OP seems to think it does.

3,909 posts, read 2,126,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklesNShine View Post
Sure just like Hillary was a shoe-in to win the election, right?
You can mention Hillary all you want. Your president is Donald J Trump who is "shining" bigly. Welcome to 2018, not 2016.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies