Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2018, 06:19 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,988,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Then they asked him to play a number on the grand piano to verify he was musically inclined enough to be secretary of state.
Not many people know that it is a requirement for the Secretary of State to be able to play Beethoven to foreign heads of State

Old 04-12-2018, 06:56 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Corey Booker is a political correctness swamp race baiting political big pharma sell out .....

Who asks these questions for a secretary of state position????

Who the hell voted for him ? Please tell me he will lose the election this year....

Cory Booker Destroys Mike Pompeo: 'Do You Believe Gay Sex is a Perversion?' - Towleroad
The State Dept had funds to promote sexual equality programs
Tillerson didn't really spend any of that money
So it is a legitimate ask

Old 04-12-2018, 07:01 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
He didn't ask him about same sex marriage. He asked about gay sex. Those are two different items.

Booker brought it up because it's a topic near and dear to his heart no doubt, and saw a cheap opportunity to play identity politics. "That's it Pompeo! no job for you if you don't fully support and endorse gay sex!"
Did you read my post? US taxpayer money is already being used to promote the death penalty for gays in other countries. It is therefore a legit "ask". Please read my post above (about 6 posts above) and check out the links.

Since the Government has decided that Evangelism is a function of their foreign policy, it's only sane to have tolerance also be one. In fact, tolerance is one of the main definitions of United States culture- it is one of the things Putin really dislikes about us.

Old 04-12-2018, 07:16 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
No different than Pompeo did when running for the House.
Projection noted.

Old 04-12-2018, 07:23 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
OK, you asked....I answer. Or at least try to take a stab at it.

Note - there are countries that have the death penalty for gay sex...and/or are trying to institute it. There are other countries where the penalties are very high.....

Some of these efforts - to KILL gay folks - have been backed by powerful US Politicians, especially those in "The Family". Here is my link and a quote....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fa...American_Power

"the Family was illegally subsidizing the rent of members of Congress and involved in the proposed bill which would impose the death penalty for homosexuality in Uganda, thrust the notoriously secretive organisation into the national spotlight."

OK - so NOW does it make at least a little bit of sense why a Sec. of State might be asked such a question? One SoS may "allow by omission" or actively help another country clamp down on same-sex relationships.

Another may be more liberal on the matter.

I hope that this at least sheds some light on the subject. Orgs like "The Family" are no laughing matter...it's not just death for gays, but they preach to do away with a Democracy and install only Jesus at the head of government worldwide. Their members include some Big Dogs in government.
Of course it makes sense.

The top diplomat is going to have confront issues like persecution and outright slaughter of gay people in other countries. They're going to have to deal with the fact that in some cases, it is American organizations pushing these anti-gay policies around the world.

It's completely reasonable to find out if the top diplomat is going to stand up for human rights or side with people who support discrimination, criminalization, and extermination.

Old 04-12-2018, 07:45 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Should have asked to Cory to define which Sex acts specifically he's talking about. 2 Gay guys and a donkey, I would call perverted.

Old 04-12-2018, 07:50 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,119,604 times
Of course people are focusing on nonsense and ignoring the real issue with Pompeo; he's an unrepentant warmonger who thinks the President has unlimited war powers.

Rand destroyed him.

'It's Disputed by Our Founding Fathers': Paul Challenges Pompeo on Syria, Military Deployments | Fox News Insider

Old 04-12-2018, 08:12 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Should have asked to Cory to define which Sex acts specifically he's talking about. 2 Gay guys and a donkey, I would call perverted.
Recently read a book about a gringo drug dealer who had all kinds of interesting travel through S. and Central America. I think it was in Columbia where he was hanging out near a beach and a couple guys were there with donkeys. They told him they regularly "rode" their donkeys and for a small fee would demonstrate. He took them up on the deal...and, sure enough, they went to town.

I guess he was tolerant of that and the catholic culture of the country is also somewhat accepting of such things (murder, drugs, prostitution and lots of other things too!)....

On the other hand, foreign policy requires looking past stuff like that. We want Columbian Coffee and Flowers and other stuff and they want lots of American goods and foodstuffs.

That's why a SoS has to be tolerant of just about anything - even eating dogs. That would be a valid question also. The SoS must be a globalist, because that is their job.

If they were hiring a new director for their Environmental Polluting Agency it would be another story. Then they just want the biggest polluter they can find.

Old 04-12-2018, 08:25 PM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Corey Booker is a political correctness swamp race baiting political big pharma sell out .....

Who asks these questions for a secretary of state position????

Who the hell voted for him ? Please tell me he will lose the election this year....

Cory Booker Destroys Mike Pompeo: 'Do You Believe Gay Sex is a Perversion?' - Towleroad
Exactly what just enough NJ voters like, a shallow left wing liberal, empty vessel, attention seeker, who dresses up nice and has a good vocabulary. CB's transparency as a slick con man can work only in Nj. As mayor, he presided over the highest murder rate and made Newark the car jacking capital of the country. Accomplishments that earned him an office as senator. CB's answer to Newark's problems was a Whole Foods store. ASk him what happened to the 100 million dollaras Zuckerberg gave to Newark edu, a town of 26 square miles, to which NJ taxpayers have most of their cash sent to support failed social programs and edu.

CB is the guy who would complain about the tune the band played as the Titanic was sinking and people drowning. He would muster all the false outrage he could and bring his emotions to boil over in a theatric hysterical tirade.

"Cory Booker was born on April 27, 1969, in Washington, D.C., to affluent civil rights activists"

Old 04-12-2018, 08:36 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Dems are obsessed with sex, have you noticed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies