Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 04:14 PM

20,714 posts, read 16,495,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Well I'm over 50 and NONE of my doctors have recommended statins.
Haha - me too! We must have bad doctors - oh, are they actually "good"?! I'm so confused....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2018, 04:15 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,701,110 times
I don't know who invented ADD and ADHD, but I believe those are totally made up diseases (for the most part - there are some EXTREME cases of typically young males who might fit the criteria) - but for the most part, I believe the diseases were made up to drug kids who can't sit in school for six plus hours.

They give these kids Ritalin, which I think is a crime. I have read some reports of not good outcomes in teenage and older years (don't know what the long-term effects are - addiction issues that may be related, etc.).

Parents are totally convinced their kids "have" these made-up diseases (I believe the motive for believing the diagnoses has to do with not knowing what to do when teachers are complaining your kid won't sit still in school, is acting out, etc.) - Again: The reason could be just not being able to sit so long, boredom, food allergies, etc. Could be any number of things - but now it is ADD and ADHD (the latter the "enhanced" diagnosis).

Doctors, drug companies, "educators," and parents are all complicit in this one.

Edited to add: It is a known "fact" (as "they" say), that kids cannot sit for "x" number of hours, and boys are more restless for whatever reason. In Montessori, Waldorf, and other more sophisticated learning environments (as well as home school environments where the parents actually know their kids and don't usually torture them by making them sit while "facts" are poured into their heads) - in those more creative environments, it is common knowledge that making kids sit for hours on end is not healthy. But "regular" teachers don't seem to know this, and their administrators do not know it either - public schools are merely indoctrination camps and you'd better sit still, dammit, or we will drug you into oblivion!

Last edited by nobodysbusiness; 07-10-2018 at 05:26 PM..

Old 07-10-2018, 04:32 PM

10,287 posts, read 6,381,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
I don't know who invented ADD and ADHD, but I believe those are totally made up diseases (for the most part - there are some EXTREME cases of typically young males who might fit the criteria) - but for the most part, I believe the diseases were made up to drug kids who can't sit in school for six plus hours.

They give these kids Ritalin, which I think is a crime. I have read some reports of not good outcomes in teenage and older years (don't know what the long-term effects are - addiction issues that may be related, etc.).

Parents are totally convinced their kids "have" these made-up diseases (I believe the motive for believing the diagnoses has to do with not know what to do when teachers are complaining your kid won't sit still in school, is acting out, etc.) - Again: The reason could be just not being able to sit so long, boredom, food allergies, etc. Could be any number of things - but now it is ADD and ADHD (the latter the "enhanced" diagnosis).

Doctors, drug companies, educators, and parents are all complicit in this one.
Oh, as a former Mental Health Technician in Day Hab/Group Homes and Special Ed Para, you are preaching to the choir with me. It is far easier to drug people into submission than to talk to them, find out their individual needs, or PAY people to do this when medications will force compliance.

Not getting into my on the job experiences.

Old 07-10-2018, 04:53 PM

10,287 posts, read 6,381,605 times
What sent me over the top with all these drugs? Going to an appointed work physical (public school) and being screamed at by the NP for a 4 page questionnaire of the medications I was taking and putting a line through all of them. A young 19 year old next to me did the same.

We were SCREAMED at by the NP. "What is wrong with you people?". You mean because we weren't taking any DRUGS? The young woman started crying. What the hell is wrong with YOU, Nurse?

ALL Americans must be "patriotic" and take medications? Ask your doctor if bla, bla, bla, it right for you. That experience really opened my eyes to the medical profession.

Old 07-10-2018, 04:55 PM

20,714 posts, read 16,495,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
What sent me over the top with all these drugs? Going to an appointed work physical (public school) and being screamed at by the NP for a 4 page questionnaire of the medications I was taking and putting a line through all of them. A young 19 year old next to me did the same.

We were SCREAMED at by the NP. "What is wrong with you people?". You mean because we weren't taking any DRUGS? The young woman started crying. What the hell is wrong with YOU, Nurse?

ALL Americans must be "patriotic" and take medications? Ask your doctor if bla, bla, bla, it right for you. That experience really opened my eyes to the medical profession.
Totally unbelievable...and I mean that literally.

Old 07-10-2018, 05:02 PM

3,110 posts, read 1,580,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post

Parents are totally convinced their kids "have" these made-up diseases (I believe the motive for believing the diagnoses has to do with not know what to do when teachers are complaining your kid won't sit still in school, is acting out, etc.) - Again: The reason could be just not being able to sit so long, boredom, food allergies, etc. Could be any number of things - but now it is ADD and ADHD (the latter the "enhanced" diagnosis).

Doctors, drug companies, educators, and parents are all complicit in this one.
The kids and ritalin... excellent example of a made up disease to sell a drug.

Old 07-10-2018, 05:04 PM

29,259 posts, read 16,885,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Not unbelievable, we just come from different philosophies and opinions...you know what that means, don't you. Different, not the same.

Old 07-10-2018, 05:10 PM

29,259 posts, read 16,885,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
The kids and ritalin... excellent example of a made up disease to sell a drug.
Oh, takes me back to when I worked in a private school and had to control the meds for the children. A sweet boy would come in for his daily ritalin and honestly he was a little zombie. It killed me to dowel it out to him. One day when he sat down and talked with me he said he took prozac before he left home. He was about 10 and his father was an MD.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

That was years ago and I often wonder about all the children I came in contact with and how they are doing today.

Two boys for sure were really healthy and their parent was a chiro and not into the major vaccine pushes.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 07-10-2018 at 05:21 PM..

3,110 posts, read 1,580,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post

Im 70, and was in the hospital last yr for 12 hours for a sudden onset bladder infection. The ER wasnt concerned about the bladder infection but went off the deep end over my wbc even though I felt fine and didnt have a temp. So they admitted me against my better judgement. After I was moved upstairs, the nurse comes in to take vitals and ask questions. She of course wants to know what medications I take. I say Vit C. She says how are are you and you only take vitC? Yup. She starts laughing and says OMG a totally normal person! I love you! And starts laughing some more. I say I guess you dont see very many like me? She says, You are so rare. Everyone is on drugs nowadays”

That says it all. That something is deeply wrong with modern medicine.

11,413 posts, read 7,861,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Yeah. As if the NP has some vested interest in people taking drugs. Maybe she had a billion dollar portfolio full of pharmaceutical stocks. LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies