Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2018, 06:17 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,529,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Don't bet on it. Even if Trump loses in 2020 they'll be whining and blaming Trump longer than they've been blaming Bush.
That is where you are wrong. There is one thing Trump’s Presidental win has made me grateful for. Prior to him I would never have known that a substantial number of Americans share his abysmal values and although it still shocks me, I am grateful that I am now aware. In the past I always voted and would occasionally give money to a candidate that I was truly hopeful about. Now I am proactive, I attend fundraisers, I volunteer and I send money quarterly. I view trump and his die hard supporters as a malignant cancer, one that I have a civic and moral responsibility to fight. I give trump credit for inspiring me, like no other politician ever has ever done before, inspire me to act, not just sit back and shake my head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2018, 06:18 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,849,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
It constitutes a campaign finance violation according to many legal scholars.

Just one more of the countless CRIMINAL acts by this totally corrupt bunch of slime-balls!

Can't wait until A-L-L the charges against this sewer sludge bunch is read in court!

Old 04-15-2018, 06:29 AM

27,575 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
I view trump and his die hard supporters as a malignant cancer, one that I have a civic and moral responsibility to fight. I give trump credit for inspiring me, like no other politician ever has ever done before, inspire me to act, not just sit back and shake my head.
That’s nice. But just understand that around 50% of the American electorate viewed Obama and Hillary the same way that you view Trump.

That’s the way it is with national politics.

Old 04-15-2018, 06:40 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Lightbulb Are we at the end stage of the Trump Presidency?

I doubt that we're there yet.

But we're getting close.

Old 04-15-2018, 06:40 AM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I'm not Natalie, but yes, absolutely. I've been in favor of abolishing the EC for decades. It an archaic remnant of the past that should be eliminated in favor of direct elections like we have for all other elected offices.
I certainly don't know about you personally but I remember before the election, the left, liberals, progressives, 90 percent of the news media were thanking the Founding Fathers for being so smart for putting the Electoral College in place just in case someone like Trump came along who might win the popular vote but lose the EC. The EC was the best thing since sliced bread since they thought Hillary might lose the popular vote but couldn't possibly lose the EC.
Now, talk to any liberal and they'll tell you how much they disdain our system of electing a President. One thing I learned is how the hypocrites have absolutely no shame.

Old 04-15-2018, 06:57 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
And Starr was allowed to investigate pretty much unfettered for years to find something that he could put Clinton in a position to be questioned under oath.

What are the odds that Trump wouldn't lie under oath if he is in that same position? Give his history, including many, many documented occasions of lying under oath in legal proceedings, the chances are quite slim that Trump won't resort to the same behavior he's exhibited in the past.

So, no, this isn't an adequate explanation especially if you think that the investigation should be stopped as your last paragraph indicates. Don't have one standard for Clinton and judge him for lying under oath for an event that never even occurred until years after the special prosecuter in his case was appointed but then say that the Trump investigation needs to be stopped when new revelations are coming out on pretty much a daily basis. If you are willing to wait until Mueller says he's through and then compare the aftermath of that, I am fine with not assuming what will happen.

If you are saying this has to stop now because there is "no reason" to continue, that makes you a hypocrite who apparently though it was fine to keep investigating Clinton even though what they ultimately dug up on him wasn't even a criminal act and should never have been investigated as such and only was (mind you by men who were also cheating on their wives at the same exact time!) for political reasons.

So this is what we're going to do now with every President?

Attempting to cripple a presidency with accusations pulled out of your backside, appointing special councils and investigations in search of a crime or any type of wrong doing anyplace in their past until you find something you can trip them up on because you don't like their politics or their personality?

How is that level of butt hurt, finger pointing and sour grapes good for the country?

Old 04-15-2018, 06:59 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
No one really knows how this mess of a Presidency will end up, but the signs are all there that Trump is in trouble. No matter how he tries to avoid it, Mueller is snapping at his heels, and this Cohen deal is a very significant step toward getting to Trump.

Sooner or later, Trump's lifelong history of being dishonest and shifty are going to catch up with him. Even a cat only has 9 lives.

No.

The job market is rocking and Trump's approval numbers are increasing, so the Democrat's attempted coup will fail.

Old 04-15-2018, 07:02 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Trump's policies are working. If the economy keeps this upswing, he will be reelected. He's not going anywhere, so maybe worry about something that matters.

Go back to you sitcoms that always feature Gays, or movies that have unrealistic action roles for women so you can get a healthy dose of white, male guilt, and Virtue Signaling.

Your little Stormy Russia coup didn't work. Even with the Media, and Education on your side you are still LOSING.

Old 04-15-2018, 07:02 AM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
So this is what we're going to do now with every President?

Attempting to cripple a presidency with accusations pulled out of your backside, appointing special councils and investigations in search of a crime or any type of wrong doing anyplace in their past until you find something you can trip them up on because you don't like their politics or their personality?

How is that level of butt hurt, finger pointing and sour grapes good for the country?
That's exactly where we are now, and even worse is the thinking that's it's OK now to just makes things up and hope something will stick. It may not get him out of office immediately, but it will hurt his popularity or poll numbers if the rumors are ugly enough.

Old 04-15-2018, 07:05 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,394,892 times
do people hate trump because hillary lost and cant accept defeat, or that he totally different that the mainstream washington crowd with the underhand corrupt and crookedness.

yes we both agree he an a hole, and a very unlikable person, not your buddy, but he has done more in one year than most in ten years combine.

take for one, the tax break, that is good, no matter who you are. But explain why its so important for the democratic to do away with it. its bringing in more revenue than the old plan and still helping others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies