Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 06:06 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,893,118 times

Advertisements

Probably for the same reason the left gave Obama a free pass for increasing our debt by nearly 10 trillion dollars.
Same reason Clinton supporters have been turning a blind eye to the many misdeeds of the Clintons.
The groupie mentality. It's our rockstar and we love our rockstar. Our rockstar is perfect and we hate anyone who disagrees with us.
The left screamed when Bush involved us in 2 wars, then cheered as Obama added to it.

The left screamed that Bush lied. The left has no problem with Obama and Clinton lies. Like the youtube video caused Benghazi... LOL

As someone else said the hypocrisy is amazing. I wish that people would hold their own party to the same level of accountability slitty as they do their opposite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2018, 06:11 PM

46,323 posts, read 27,157,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Please explain why it is that tRump won't "lock her up!" like he promised.

What's he afraid of?

Because your boy comey said so.....

Old 04-16-2018, 06:13 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,403,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
It's a classic red herring. Seriously, why does what Hillary did or didn't do or what she may have gotten away with have anything to do with Trump? Why do most Trump supporters seem to believe that even if Trump is guilty, he should be off the hook since Hillary supposedly committed much worse crimes? In a court of law, you will NEVER win if your only defense is that your crime wasn't as bad as somebody else's. Why is that defense acceptable to Trump supporters and why do they continue to think it will work?
Lol..that Trump is guilty of WHAT exactly?

What are these crimes of which there is evidence that Trump should be charged over, nevermind guilty of? You people are an emotional sense of political entitlement looking for a target.

Old 04-16-2018, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Lol..that Trump is guilty of WHAT exactly?

What are these crimes of which there is evidence that Trump should be charged over, nevermind guilty of? You people are an emotional sense of political entitlement looking for a target.
I understand your confusion. You must not have gotten the memo from the left.

The term guilt before a trial only applies to Trump, gun owners, LEO's, and military personnel. All others like Hillary for example are innocent until proven guilty multiple times.

Old 04-16-2018, 06:22 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,920,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Because you on the left think it's o.k. that hillary got away with what hillary did or did not do, but now trump is wrong for possibly or not doing the same thing...

It's called hypocrisy.....
It's called "whataboutism". We're capable of addressing one thing at a time. Nor do all people that are critical of Trump feel the same about HRC.

And are they the "same thing"? I don't see a lot of overlap in the things HRC was being investigated for and what Trump is being investigated for.

Lastly: two wrongs have never made a right. Even if you really feel HRC "got away with something" (which is certainly VERY debatable...I mean, how many times have people investigated her???), that is never a justification for bad behavior by someone else.

The election was nearly 2 years ago now...let's stay on topic.

Old 04-16-2018, 06:25 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,273,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
It's called "whataboutism". We're capable of addressing one thing at a time. Nor do all people that are critical of Trump feel the same about HRC.

And are they the "same thing"? I don't see a lot of overlap in the things HRC was being investigated for and what Trump is being investigated for.

Lastly: two wrongs have never made a right. Even if you really feel HRC "got away with something" (which is certainly VERY debatable...I mean, how many times have people investigated her???), that is never a justification for bad behavior by someone else.

The election was nearly 2 years ago now...let's stay on topic.
I've seen very, very, very few say "Yes, it was a mistake to vote for Hillary". Even after knowing she cheated to win the nomination so why would anyone expect Trump supporters to be any different?

Old 04-16-2018, 06:26 PM

24,020 posts, read 15,120,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Probably for the same reason the left gave Obama a free pass for increasing our debt by nearly 10 trillion dollars.
Same reason Clinton supporters have been turning a blind eye to the many misdeeds of the Clintons.
The groupie mentality. It's our rockstar and we love our rockstar. Our rockstar is perfect and we hate anyone who disagrees with us.
The left screamed when Bush involved us in 2 wars, then cheered as Obama added to it.

The left screamed that Bush lied. The left has no problem with Obama and Clinton lies. Like the youtube video caused Benghazi... LOL

As someone else said the hypocrisy is amazing. I wish that people would hold their own party to the same level of accountability slitty as they do their opposite.
I do, too.

You do understand that the invasion of Iraq was off the books? Obama saw it as a liability and put it on the books. That's part of that deficit.

Old 04-16-2018, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I've seen very, very, very few say "Yes, it was a mistake to vote for Hillary". Even after knowing she cheated to win the nomination so why would anyone expect Trump supporters to be any different?
Damn fair post......

Old 04-16-2018, 06:28 PM

20,165 posts, read 9,060,402 times
has Hillary announced yet for 2020?

Old 04-16-2018, 06:29 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,273,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
I do, too.

You do understand that the invasion of Iraq was off the books? Obama saw it as a liability and put it on the books. That's part of that deficit.
It wasn't off the books. Bush argued that it should be but it never was. Bush certainly deserve scorn for arguing that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies