Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2018, 03:06 PM

34,244 posts, read 18,603,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Actually forcing any employee to attend any diversity training shows that the company believes all of its employees are already racists.

Otherwise, why would they need training?

And that is racist, btw.
Often, these types of corporate training are so they can "check the box" that they did something should a law suit come up. They are doing this at the recommendation of their lawyers.

It's all B.S. of course. I've been through them, and they are a HUGE waste of time, and money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2018, 03:07 PM

1,874 posts, read 819,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Actually forcing any employee to attend any diversity training shows that the company believes all of its employees are already racists.

Otherwise, why would they need training?

And that is racist, btw.
I don't know about that. These "trainings" are 90% for pr, and 10% to maybe change the way an employee reacts to a situation. They never have and never will change what someone actually believes.

Old 04-17-2018, 03:10 PM

27,668 posts, read 16,156,388 times
Will they be renaming ‘black coffee?

Old 04-17-2018, 03:10 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,633,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
That's awesome.
At least they are taking steps to recognise the problem.
Good for them.
Perhaps they should not have hired all those refugees the dopey CEO promised some months back.

Old 04-17-2018, 03:11 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,959,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
I don't know about that. These "trainings" are 90% for pr, and 10% to maybe change the way an employee reacts to a situation. They never have and never will change what someone actually believes.
Why do employers offer training sessions?

To teach employees something that they don't know or correct bad habits. So by having diversity training, they obviously think all their employees are racists.

Because if employees weren't racist, well, they wouldn't need diversity training.

it's beyond insulting. And racist.

Old 04-17-2018, 03:11 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,946,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I don't think race played a factor either. It has to do with using the bathroom without being a customer. Personally I think businesses who sell to the public should offer their restroom. I have been a tourist at many quaint shopping villages and over and over again have been refused the ability to use restroom facilities because I hadn't bought something. "No public restroom" the sign says. Many of these places only has a public restroom blocks away and it can be hard for kids and women to hold it.

I have told than one shopkeeper, "I know you don't want strangers using your restroom, but if you were open to it, you would get more sales." People who are walking around in a bad mood with their legs crossed don't want to shop; they're angry at store owners' stingy attitude and searching for a place to use the bathroom. I never went back and shopped at a store that refused me when I asked to go. As for the Starbucks thing, I've used their facilities a couple of times when I hadn't bought a drink. I never asked for permission to use their facilities. I just went whether I bought a drink or not.

I have to agree with you here-and I'm often accused of being a "SJW".

This seems to have been blown way out of proportion and the viral nature of the video has allowed others to control the narrative and run with it-I'm sure the real estate brokers in question aren't mad at the publicity and possible settlement. Their lawyer has already been doing local tv news interviews.

Racism exists in society-and it should always be pointed out with attempts to remedy it. But as I said before, if this were two white guys that asked to use the bathroom-were told no- and then sat down without making it known they were waiting for someone, I think it is reasonable they may be kicked out, especially if they were wearing sweatpants. Maybe the manager would have first spoken to them though, so it is very complicated and hard to gauge.

Old 04-17-2018, 03:12 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,131,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
But it's not a problem.

Why on earth are the calling it "Racial Bias education," when race clearly didn't play a factor?
It's all about laptop thieves, and homeless Real estate brokers having business meetings.
Whatever it is, I've lost interest in going to them anymore. Sort of Like Mickey Dee's. I stopped going to them about 20 years ago.

I'm pretty sure their run is up. Philz is way better anyways.

Old 04-17-2018, 03:13 PM

10,536 posts, read 6,174,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
So, one manager screws up and now all nationwide employees have to suffer. That's messed up.

How exactly is a training day making people suffer?

Old 04-17-2018, 03:13 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,148,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
On May 29, everyone switch to Dunkin Donuts or your local independent coffee shop. And don't return to Starbucks.

DD makes a good cup of coffee and they employ old ladies that call everyone "hon" -no diversity training necessary- white, black, green, blue, purple, male, female, trans or dog or cat or fish, everyone is a Hon.

Starbucks is overpriced and dumb in pushing their politics, it gets old.
Only my husband, parents, and closest girlfriends get to call me "hon".

I also dislike Starbucks, but I prefer supporting local independent coffee shops.

Old 04-17-2018, 03:14 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,480,036 times
What’s ironic is that BLM jumped on this and have signs protesting Starbucks .

The organization that has an actual anti white bias .

Who can forget them holding blacks only meetings at public libraries . Telling white reporters and whites to go to the back their leaders making anti white comments on Twitter and so on .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies