Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 09:53 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,217,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
another deranged leftist on a shooting binge
well, since you're keeping score...another gun nut overcompensating for his tiny stature appears to be the case

He was described in the court records as a white male who stood 5’8″ and weighed 126 pounds. Highnote also had a weapons permit that expired in 2010 in Volusia County, online records show. He also previously had hunting permits in Florida. He doesn’t come up as currently registered to vote in Florida.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/04/john-...hrist-suspect/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2018, 09:56 AM

45,675 posts, read 24,146,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, so the killer just chose to kill two cops and the killer obviously left other people in that restaurant alone. They were killed because they were cops. It is just a fact.
From what I understand they were sitting in front of the window. He didn't walk in and choose them - -he stood outside and shot in.

Was he targeting them - or were they sitting in the seats that would most likely end up with someone being killed. I don't know. You don't know.

Apparently he walked up from down the street. Was he just crazy and just stopped and shot and then shot himself. We don't know - you don't know -- I don't know.

It does seem they were targeted......but we don't know for sure.

Old 04-20-2018, 09:57 AM

39,489 posts, read 27,835,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
From what I understand they were sitting in front of the window. He didn't walk in and choose them - -he stood outside and shot in.

Was he targeting them - or were they sitting in the seats that would most likely end up with someone being killed. I don't know. You don't know.

Apparently he walked up from down the street. Was he just crazy and just stopped and shot and then shot himself. We don't know - you don't know -- I don't know.

It does seem they were targeted.......
If you agree it does seem they were targeted, then why do you still argue? sheesh.

Old 04-20-2018, 09:59 AM

Quote:
If you agree it does seem they were targeted, then why do you still argue? sheesh.
My point being -- it 'seems' like they were targeted so i understand how we jump to that conclusion but none of us know for sure yet.

Sorry -- I realized after I posted it sounded ambiguous.

Hope that clears it up.

Old 04-20-2018, 09:59 AM

15,682 posts, read 10,474,883 times
Quote:
To be realistic -- in 2001 60 officers were killed by guns, 34 in 2003, 67 in 2006, and 46 in 2017. These stats clearly indicate no 'rise' in shootings on police officers. It seems to be random and not showing an overall increase.

That's the problem with 'feelings' and 'emotions' -- they are not always factually accurate.

We may never know why with this incident......
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-10-year-high/

Overall, officer fatalities from all causes including accidents are up 16 percent from last year, according to the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund. But the number of officers fatally shot by suspects is up by 67 percent year over year.

Old 04-20-2018, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Oh please. Are you kidding me?

Even your left buddy here said it does seem like they were targeted. Why pointing out the obvious is hypocritical? What assumption? I said nobody knew the MOTIVE, but obviously these officers were killed because they were officers, they were obviously targeted. sheesh
I'm not a left buddy -- so you stand corrected on this.

AND

Nothing is obvious -- it SEEMS they were targeted is not they were OBVIOUSLY targeted.

you don't know - you assume, you think you know but you don't.

Neither do I -- it could be either.

Old 04-20-2018, 10:03 AM

2,515 posts, read 1,709,839 times
RIP Brothers.
Sad and we've seen enough of this the last few years

Old 04-20-2018, 10:04 AM

39,489 posts, read 27,835,287 times
Quote:
I'm not a left buddy -- so you stand corrected on this.

AND

Nothing is obvious -- it SEEMS they were targeted is not they were OBVIOUSLY targeted.

you don't know - you assume, you think you know but you don't.

Neither do I -- it could be either.
well, I assumed you were a left, for that I assumed

Other than that, not sure what I assumed.

I don't know the killer's motives, (which I have said it many many times) but I know they were killed because they were officers. Even you said, it seemed they were targeted. That is the ONLY point I was making.

Please, stop playing the word games here. It is OBVIOUS the killer targeted them, using language like "You don't know, I don't know, nobody knows" does not really change anything here.

Old 04-20-2018, 10:12 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,161,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Residual effects of the Obama Presidency.

His legacy will continue for years to come.
Soooo, it's allll Obama's fault. what a sad little world you live in.

Old 04-20-2018, 10:14 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,161,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
because stories like a hero pilot landing a plane with debris flying around in the aircraft, a passenger killed, and a window blown out or two young police officers shot to death while just eating lunch can't compete with the horror and tragedy of two black guys being arrested at a starbucks in philly....
Sorry, but it was all over the news today. Both local and national.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies