Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2018, 08:58 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,167,683 times

Advertisements

Meanwhile, rural red states lead the nation in heroin and opioid addiction. Of course that'll never be mentioned in these threads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2018, 10:06 AM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
You can't do that. Unconstitutional. Anyone can move anywhere they want. And there are plenty of places run by the right wing that were dumpy in the first place. We can start with many places in Appalachia.
Appalachia covers 13 states, and they’re not all right wing.

Old 04-27-2018, 10:12 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Meanwhile, rural red states lead the nation in heroin and opioid addiction. Of course that'll never be mentioned in these threads.

Because it's be off topic?

I stayed in Seattle for a week, (within sight of the Space Needle) I was walking toward Public Market Center, I heard someone screaming at the top of their lungs....kept walking and turned the corner and about 50 yards down on the sidewalk.....there was some chick screaming the song "let the bodies hit the floor" just over and over (just those 6 words over and over) all the while jumping back and forth on the carpet she put down.....

And gotta love the "Wall of Gum".....

Old 04-27-2018, 10:12 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
MEH -- there are issues everywhere. Jacksonville Florida is considered one of the biggest cities 'runned' by Republicans.

While Jacksonville's Downtown homeless problem has been around for years, solutions have not come easily - News - The Florida Times-Union - Jacksonville, FL

For years, that’s been the picture of Jacksonville’s Downtown: Shabbily dressed people drinking beer out of paper bags. Panhandlers roaming the blocks of Downtown, asking people for money and drugs. People sleeping on broken-down cardboard boxes under Downtown bridges.

Urban areas all have similar problems.

While in Seattle it may be the County Courthouse -- other cities have other places.

It isn't a left or right problem...it's an urban problem.
Stop actually saying accurate things already. Don't you know what forum you're on?

Old 04-27-2018, 10:14 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Because it's be off topic?

I stayed in Seattle for a week, (within sight of the Space Needle) I was walking toward Public Market Center, I heard someone screaming at the top of their lungs....kept walking and turned the corner and about 50 yards down on the sidewalk.....there was some chick screaming the song "let the bodies hit the floor" just over and over (just those 6 words over and over) all the while jumping back and forth on the carpet she put down.....

And gotta love the "Wall of Gum".....
It's not off topic when the first page of the thread is full of claims that this is a Democrat thing.

Old 04-27-2018, 10:32 AM

17,803 posts, read 13,698,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, just so we understand.....you posted a link for a post you responded to, that started the year after the person you were responding to said they left? And I'm the one that looks foolish?

O.K., great, now when called out, then you provide a different link, and call me foolish?

Maybe if you would have provided this link in your initial post....well...foolish..yea....
The point here is that the OP's link says that things are really bad around the courthouse in 2017-18. He then adds the fact that he was down in that area "a lot" when he lived there before and to 2001. He says it wasn't that way back then.

Then Greywar presents data that says that crime in Seattle is DOWN in the entire city of Seattle compared to 2002.

I guess we need "area around the courthouse" crime from 2001 to settle the matter.

Old 04-27-2018, 10:38 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
https://www.king5.com/article/news/l.../281-544955678

The King County courthouse is in the heart of downtown Seattle, not far from Elliot Bay. On the block where the main entrance is, there have been 380 assaults and 51 robberies reported, just in the past nine months. There is so much human waste on the sidewalk that crews have to pressure wash it on a daily basis, which of course is flushed down the storm drains. I'm sure the salmon appreciate that.

The former King County sheriff was once attacked outside the courthouse by a man with a pair of scissors. Jurors have been assaulted and threatened.

Seattle has been controlled by left-wing Democrats for decades. We now have a city council member who self-identifies as 'Marxist.' I don't think we have had a GOP mayor since James 'Dorm' Braman in 1964. I don't suppose the decades of far-left leadership could have anything to do with the above conditions. Nah, I'm sure the two are just random coincidence, totally unrelated. (/sarc)

Detroit, here we come!

WHAT BS.

I know the spot and i know it well.

There is a MASSIVE homeless shelter across the street from the Superior Court there. and there is a transit hub under the same street.

Thus the area around the courts have an extremely high density of homeless folk with various issues.

Crime stats always look bad, but over all Seattle's are fine, you should look it up instead of fear mongering.

Old 04-27-2018, 10:48 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Well, I lived in Seattle until 2001, and spent lots of time downtown, both day and late at night. It was a fairly large city even then, and did not have such things. There was crime of course, but nothing like 380 assaults and 51 robberies in a 9 month period.

Denial--not just a river in Egypt...

Oh please that is just more BS, i lived in seattle in 2001 and it was about the same as it is now.

Wutitiz you are WRONG .. crime in seattle is lower than the early 2000s and city-data provides all the information you need ..

//www.city-data.com/city/Seattle-Washington.html

seems to me Wutitiz you just want to pretend Seattle is "bad" because it suits your agenda.

Old 04-27-2018, 10:56 AM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Appalachia covers 13 states, and they’re not all right wing.
I said many places in Appalachia, not all places. However the vast majority of counties in Appalachia are right wing.

Old 04-27-2018, 12:25 PM

1,663 posts, read 876,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post

I was later told I'd seen "Skid Row", the name deriving from the timber industry of the 19th century.
Before modern skidders were invented, loggers built "skid roads" so a team of horses or oxen could pull logs out of the woods. Henry Yesler built a skid road a few blocks from where the courthouse is now so he could get logs from land he owned down to his sawmill. Here are a couple of examples.

Attached Thumbnails
Just outside the King County (Seattle) Courthouse:  assaults, robberies, and piles of human waste.-skidroad2.jpg   Just outside the King County (Seattle) Courthouse:  assaults, robberies, and piles of human waste.-skidroad11.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies