Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2018, 09:42 AM

1,239 posts, read 510,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
These women were originally Liberals?

So they partnered up with a white supremacist, and sold out their principles and people for $3500 apiece?

Now that we know they're paid advertisers I hope we don't have to see their stupid videos posted on here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2018, 09:46 AM

46,953 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post

So they partnered up with a white supremacist, and sold out their principles and people for $3500 apiece?

Now that we know they're paid advertisers I hope we don't have to see their stupid videos posted on here.
I've sort of come to grips with the idea that everybody has a price. It's the fact that the price is so low that depresses me.

Old 04-27-2018, 09:50 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times
Quote:

I'm honestly not sure what their politics were originally. But it's sad that they sold themselves out for a few thousand dollars each.

The way the Trump campaign paraded them around at Trump rallies was a disgrace, making them the "token black people" for Trump. Fox News had them on regularly as well.

Old 04-27-2018, 09:51 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
They wanted to be famous. That was the goal and it worked.

Old 04-27-2018, 10:12 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
They wanted to be famous. That was the goal and it worked.
This. They are media whores. They love the spotlight, and what better way to get it than for two black women to endorse a white supremacist? Whatever it takes to get their faces in the media, even when it involves selling your soul. They fit in nicely with Trump's deplorables.

Old 04-27-2018, 10:31 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Everyone who supports President Trump runs the same risk of a smear campaign.

Notice the fake photo with Nehlen.

Media is full of the most dishonest people.
I'm not buying anything they're selling, especially in crap articles like the OP's link.

Show where and how they endorsed him.
The democrats think that being a white nationalist is being a white supremacist. Lie. It is out of their Orwellian control playbook of lies to control people.

Old 04-27-2018, 10:56 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
There was already a thread about this.

The question was "were you paid?" To which they correctly answered "no." They were not paid. They were reimbursed.

Paid: you have $0, you do some kind of work, you earn $1200. Net gain: $1200

Reimbursement: you spend $1200 on plane tickets so that you are now -$1200. You receive $1200 for your ticket expenditure. You are now at $0. Net gain: $0
Not by FEC rule. They either made a donation, or they were paid. There is no gray area.
Why? Because their appearance was designed to benefit the trump campaign. They fall under the same rule as the caterer, the company that provided security guards, the facility that got the rent, the balloon company, the...you get the point. Again, the FEC is like the IRS, their rules are not open to interpretation.

Old 04-27-2018, 11:03 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,071,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Not by FEC rule. They either made a donation, or they were paid. There is no gray area.
Why? Because their appearance was designed to benefit the trump campaign. They fall under the same rule as the caterer, the company that provided security guards, the facility that got the rent, the balloon company, the...you get the point. Again, the FEC is like the IRS, their rules are not open to interpretation.
And do you think Diamond and Silk understood this?

The question IMO was a set up.

Old 04-27-2018, 11:38 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Why don't you take your expertise to the Trump campaign Treasurer. who had this to say:

"The issue regarding Diamond and Silk is merely one of semantics, resulting from a reasonable misunderstanding of the campaign's reporting obligations," Crate said.

"The campaign's payment to Diamond and Silk for field consulting was based on an invoice they submitted reflecting their costs for air travel to a campaign event. The invoice was not supported by accompanying receipts, so as a technical matter, could not be reported as a reimbursement even though its purpose was to make them whole for their out-of-pocket costs."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pro-tru...s-live-stream/

I certainly don't know the FEC filing rules. If I attended a conference or rally and the sponsor covered my travel or lodging and meals, and gave me no other $$$, I'd leave it to the campaign to file the appropriate way.

I suppose this could be a conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Diamond and Silk to secretly enrich them by $1274.94. Get Mueller on it.

Old 04-27-2018, 11:39 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
They were asked if they were paid.

They said the narrative that they were paid is fake news. In fairness, whoever filed the FEC document made the mistake in describing what the whopping $1.274.94 was for.

imo, Diamond and Silk destroyed Rep. Jeffries:

Diamond and Silk say Trump campaign never paid them, FEC filing shows otherwise - ABC News
Yes. They were quite firm in their statements "WE HAVE NEVER BEEN PAID BY THE TRUMP CAMPAIGN." Perhaps learn to equivocate a little when you actually HAVE BEEN PAID BY THE TRUMP CAMPAIGN.

Quote:

Sad!

Like many people - they wanted their 15 minutes of fame and they got it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies