Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2018, 07:00 AM

1,378 posts, read 737,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Canadians are always lecturing us about how compassionate they are, yet they're not taking in any illegals from Mexico and Central America. It's about time they pay their fair share and taking in a couple million.
Well, i guess sophiasmommy needs to read and learn about world states and current events. When did Mexico say that it was a failed state?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2018, 07:05 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Canadians are always lecturing us about how compassionate they are, yet they're not taking in any illegals from Mexico and Central America. It's about time they pay their fair share and taking in a couple million.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Such haters and liars these liberals are. It's frightening really.
The OP stated "they're not taking in any illegals from Mexico and Central America."

I posted links proving that isn't true. Notice that the OP hasn't acknowledged them as yet.
Wonder why.

And it's liberals who are the "haters and liars?"
This thread is premised on hate and lies.

Old 05-02-2018, 09:34 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Anyone who the illegals have defrauded with a stolen/forged identity and SS#.
Nice lateral pass, but I was thinking more along the lines of Americans who give them jobs AND furnish them with amnesties, driver's licenses and free healthcare.

Old 05-02-2018, 08:55 PM

11,267 posts, read 11,028,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Apparently you do, as they all find employment by Americans, get driver's licenses issued by Americans, find American sanctuary cities to live in, and get multiple amnesties by American presidents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
And when Americans vote in a POTUS who plans to stop all that, the left immediately labels him and his supporters as bigoted, racist, and xenophobic and compares Trump and his supporters to Hitler.
Quote:
Nice lateral pass, but I was thinking more along the lines of Americans who give them jobs AND furnish them with amnesties, driver's licenses and free healthcare.
Yeah, you said that already. So why is there so much fight from the left against a POTUS that is looking to change this nonsense? You leftists put people in a damned if you do, damned if you don't bind. I believe you are smarter than this.

Old 05-02-2018, 10:21 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,498,681 times
Absolutely not. There is no logical reason for Canada to take in a bunch of people to alleviate the US burden. The US has been allowing and complaining about illegal immigrants for as long as I can remember.
I do concede that we Canadians have an advantage since we don't border a developing country, so the US definitely has an extra burden to deal with, but it remains a local problem. Canada had neither the will, nor the infrastructure to support all that additional labor at once.

I've got nothing against Trump tightening border security, but he shouldnt be expelling those who've lived in the country for decades. Some of them gave kids who grew up in America and don't even speak any other language.

Old 05-03-2018, 08:51 AM

62,969 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
Absolutely not. There is no logical reason for Canada to take in a bunch of people to alleviate the US burden. The US has been allowing and complaining about illegal immigrants for as long as I can remember.
I do concede that we Canadians have an advantage since we don't border a developing country, so the US definitely has an extra burden to deal with, but it remains a local problem. Canada had neither the will, nor the infrastructure to support all that additional labor at once.

I've got nothing against Trump tightening border security, but he shouldnt be expelling those who've lived in the country for decades. Some of them gave kids who grew up in America and don't even speak any other language.

Just addressing your last paragraph. Since when should we give a pass to any law breakers simply because they managed to evade the law for a long time? How are they working if not by using a fake or stolen SS number or working for cash evading taxes? Those are crimes! Should they get a pass on them? Who cares that they had kids that grew up in America? If here illegally they need to go back home with their parents. It's utter BS that they don't speak their native tongue either. They learned it from their parents. Their parents came here not knowing English either so your point is moot. And last but not least if they are allowed to remain here then how do Americans get their jobs back?

Old 05-03-2018, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Yeah, you said that already. So why is there so much fight from the left against a POTUS that is looking to change this nonsense? You leftists put people in a damned if you do, damned if you don't bind. I believe you are smarter than this.
Leftist? I prefer to think of myself as a fiscal conservative and that would include abstention from running deficit budgets and skyrocketing the debt to the rafters with stupid things like a wall when you've got more than enough border patrol to stop the flow if they're simply given a clear and unequivocal mandate to do so.

It is my belief EVERY single illegal should be rounded up, given a quick hearing to determine what crimes they have committed and prosecuted to the full extent of the law as any other citizen would be if guilty of fraudulent behaviour costing the government and taxpayers one dime. If the only crime they've done is enter the country illegally, deport their azz as you would any Canadian, New Zealander or person from any other country who has gained access through subterfuge.

E-verify would work if enforced. No doubt about that. Employers hiring them when a case could be made they neither made the attempt to verify their citizenship status or ignored the result, should be fined up th ying-yang as anyone else obtaining an economic benefit from breaking the law.

No discussion should be wasted on whether they be allowed to stay or not, they entered illegally; end of story. You wouldn't tolerate it from any other country...why tolerate it from Mexicans other than for the reasons.......Americans benefit from their cheap labor.

You're preaching to the choir, except for the stupid, costly and unnecessary wall nonsense. Cut off their chance of employment and they'll beat feet elsewhere in a Minnesota minute. Throw a couple of Americans in jail for hiring them and watch how fast that ends the problem.

Old 05-03-2018, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Just addressing your last paragraph. Since when should we give a pass to any law breakers simply because they managed to evade the law for a long time? How are they working if not by using a fake or stolen SS number or working for cash evading taxes? Those are crimes! Should they get a pass on them? Who cares that they had kids that grew up in America? If here illegally they need to go back home with their parents. It's utter BS that they don't speak their native tongue either. They learned it from their parents. Their parents came here not knowing English either so your point is moot. And last but not least if they are allowed to remain here then how do Americans get their jobs back?
AGREED!

Those who've entered illegally should be deported. Extending compassion can come AFTER in the form of reviewing their case and determining as to how they've contributed by otherwise being law abiding, declaring income and paying taxes, etc., etc.. to then put them on a list (under those legal applicants who are still waiting) comprised of ones who've bent the rules by line jumping but otherwise behaved in a rational and legal manner.

Old 05-03-2018, 01:45 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,560,052 times
Quote:
Leftist? I prefer to think of myself as a fiscal conservative and that would include abstention from running deficit budgets and skyrocketing the debt to the rafters with stupid things like a wall when you've got more than enough border patrol to stop the flow if they're simply given a clear and unequivocal mandate to do so.

It is my belief EVERY single illegal should be rounded up, given a quick hearing to determine what crimes they have committed and prosecuted to the full extent of the law as any other citizen would be if guilty of fraudulent behaviour costing the government and taxpayers one dime. If the only crime they've done is enter the country illegally, deport their azz as you would any Canadian, New Zealander or person from any other country who has gained access through subterfuge.

E-verify would work if enforced. No doubt about that. Employers hiring them when a case could be made they neither made the attempt to verify their citizenship status or ignored the result, should be fined up th ying-yang as anyone else obtaining an economic benefit from breaking the law.

No discussion should be wasted on whether they be allowed to stay or not, they entered illegally; end of story. You wouldn't tolerate it from any other country...why tolerate it from Mexicans other than for the reasons.......Americans benefit from their cheap labor.

You're preaching to the choir, except for the stupid, costly and unnecessary wall nonsense. Cut off their chance of employment and they'll beat feet elsewhere in a Minnesota minute. Throw a couple of Americans in jail for hiring them and watch how fast that ends the problem.
You're blowing their mind. They seem to have the world divided by "left" and " right ". The real world isn't so simple.

Myself, I'm quite " left " in most things, but I agree with you on illegals and it's not really a left right thing here I believe. Laws are made for good reasons, hopefully. In Canada we have always dealt with illegals in a fair and lawful kind of way. Sometimes things don't go exactly right, but no one I know, left, right , centre or a mix of any of this, want to see people illegally coming to Canada without being dealt with.

Old 05-03-2018, 01:50 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:

Quote:
AGREED!

Those who've entered illegally should be deported. Extending compassion can come AFTER in the form of reviewing their case and determining as to how they've contributed by otherwise being law abiding, declaring income and paying taxes, etc., etc.. to then put them on a list (under those legal applicants who are still waiting) comprised of ones who've bent the rules by line jumping but otherwise behaved in a rational and legal manner.
Utterly and totally impractical. Even if you doubled the ICE work force it would take a couple of decades to deal with the 11 million illegals and it would also very likely get terribly ugly. A real version of everify would certainly have some impact but mostly it would chase the illegals from legal payrolls to the black ones.

The solution of course is to legalize enough of the long term illegal aliens followed by rigid enforcement of the immigration laws.

This is all actually simple if you simply look at the numbers, cost and time scales.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies