Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 11:22 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
We fully expect things will continue ("progress" versus "regress") as they have for decades already.
I depends on how they "progress".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2018, 11:23 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,100,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
You are mistaken. Over the last 10 years the flow of Mexicans has been back to Mexico. Estimates are that the Mexican illegal alien population in the US has dropped by a million.

Mexico does reasonably well economically. But not nearly as well as the US. Hence the attraction. The custom of entering the US for employment was in fact encouraged by US interests for many decades.
Are you seriously arguing that more are going back to Mexico then coming here?

Old 04-30-2018, 11:28 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I depends on how they "progress".
We have a ready and highly visible example by which to judge that.

Old 04-30-2018, 11:29 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Here you go. Mexican flow has been back to Mexico for the last decade.

Yes, we are experiencing a net outflow of illegal, undocumented workers from America back to Mexico | PolitiFact Wisconsin

And if you were paying attention to the issue you would know that. It is not a secret.

Old 04-30-2018, 11:37 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Canadians are always lecturing us about how compassionate they are, yet they're not taking in any illegals from Mexico and Central America. It's about time they pay their fair share and taking in a couple million.
Here you go:

"The flood of recent migrants crossing the Canadian border from the U. S. is unprecedented. Originally from Mexico, from Honduras, from El Salvadore, they come. Somalis with criminal records, Haitians fleeing expected cancellation of their American Temporary Protected Status and even a Syrian family flying into New York City on tourist visas, then making their way to Plattsburgh, where they took a taxi to the border. All of them are fleeing to Canada in search of a better life. "

https://www.forbes.com/forbes/welcom...ww.google.com/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andyjse.../#2bf5f5007dc5

Feel better now?

Old 04-30-2018, 11:49 AM

2,828 posts, read 825,364 times
Quote:
Riiight! It was the U.S. rescuing Canadian Embassy staffers at risk to themselves in Iran. It was the U.S. that accepted hundreds of planeloads of thousands of Canadians who were denied permission to land in their own country as being too great a threat regardless if they were running out of fuel or not.......yeppers.....

A sample of the U.S. having our backs: "1953: U.S. military releases clouds of zinc cadmium sulfide gas over Winnipeg, St. Louis, Minneapolis, Fort Wayne, the Monocacy River Valley in Maryland, and Leesburg, Virginia. Their intent is to determine how efficiently they could disperse chemical agents."

The next time the U.S. has Canada's back in any tangible sense other than spurious will be the FIRST and only time in the entire history of either country.

Give that phony hypothetical chit a rest.
It's not phony hypothetical, its a fact and you know it.

Old 04-30-2018, 11:54 AM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:

Or that there isn't a significant number of them still here? 1 million is a drop in the bucket compared to the millions still here. They are still coming here from south of our border be it Mexico or Central American through our southern border which is evidenced by the caravan at our border now. They are finding it easier to claim refugee/asylum status which then allows them to get into our country and disappear.

Old 04-30-2018, 11:56 AM

13,650 posts, read 20,780,689 times
Quote:
Unlike the plethora of Americans constantly purporting to be superior in everything and Canada's protector and big brother......unlike that kind of sanctimony and braggadocio?

The rest of your post is right on the money.

Well yea ... that is why we are Paisan.

Old 04-30-2018, 12:10 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,100,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Here you go. Mexican flow has been back to Mexico for the last decade.

Yes, we are experiencing a net outflow of illegal, undocumented workers from America back to Mexico | PolitiFact Wisconsin

And if you were paying attention to the issue you would know that. It is not a secret.
I apologize, I wasn't articulating my point properly. Are there more people going back to Mexico then are already here illegally? That's what I was asking, my bad.

Old 04-30-2018, 01:11 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:
I apologize, I wasn't articulating my point properly. Are there more people going back to Mexico then are already here illegally? That's what I was asking, my bad.
The Mexican illegals are pretty much stable. The border crossers are now mostly non Mexicans. The population of Mexican illegals has decreased from 2007 but it appears stable.. Something over 70% of them have been in the USA for more than 10 years and are unlikely to ever leave.

If you wish to follow the best available statistics Pew is the standard source.

5 facts about illegal immigration in the U.S. | Pew Research Center

What we know about illegal immigration from Mexico | Pew Research Center
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies