Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 11:10 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
The GOP is a party of old, white men and the new generation has nothing in common with them. Just wait till they start voting.
Um...they did..Trump won. and by that, thy actually now have a future that does not mean nuclear war with Russia if Hillary got elected
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2018, 11:11 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I'm entering decade 6 of my life and I've heard since I was a teenager that the end of the Republican party is nigh due to young people are liberal and the demographics are changing in the Dems favor....then life happens and they change.

Yep....the one thing that you can count on is people generally become more conservative as they get older.

When you don't have a pot to pee in, it's easy to have a "eat the rich" attitude....

Until you get a little older and make something of your life..... suddenly you realize that you don't have to be rich to be on the Dem's menu.

Old 04-30-2018, 11:12 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,015,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Well, what do the Republicans offer anybody? Lose even more freedom? Shut down the press? The conservatives seem to have a double standard with what they say and do. They say they want less government. That’s only for businesses not for us. They want to restrict our personal freedoms.
If the press hasn't been shut down by now.

Old 04-30-2018, 11:18 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Well, what do the Republicans offer anybody? Lose even more freedom? Shut down the press? The conservatives seem to have a double standard with what they say and do. They say they want less government. That’s only for businesses not for us. They want to restrict our personal freedoms.
Republicans want less government interference in corporate corruption but government can't be too big when controlling everyone's private lives.

Old 04-30-2018, 11:20 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Yep....the one thing that you can count on is people generally become more conservative as they get older.
You do know this is not actually true right?

The politics of American generations: How age affects attitudes and voting behavior | Pew Research Center

Quote:
But academic research indicates not only that generations have distinct political identities, but that most people’s basic outlooks and orientations are set fairly early on in life.

25,575 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
Millennials are abandoning the two party system all together.
We don't have a 2 party system.

The 2 dominate parties get most of the votes, but there are always choices. A "2 party system" would mean that only representatives of the 2 parties are on the ballot.

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post

When you don't have a pot to pee in, it's easy to have a "eat the rich" attitude....

Until you get a little older and make something of your life..... suddenly you realize that you don't have to be rich to be on the Dem's menu.
I was fairly centrist as a young person. Then I got my first real job out of college, and looked at my pay check stub. The net amount was MUCH lower than the gross amount, so I added all the "deductions" of Fed income tax, state income tax, local income tax, SS, Medicare, and some other taxes. I very quickly became interested in how, and when my money was being spent, and forcibly taken from me. It didn't take long to start agreeing with more of the thought from the right.

Old 04-30-2018, 11:29 AM

24,498 posts, read 17,239,538 times
We should all be leaning to the Right. Economy, Security, Jobs, Freedom are all important things to the Right but from what we have been seeing from the Left that has been taken over by a bunch of extremists they want anything but.

For example the push for open borders and amnesty for illegal aliens should give any sane person pause and I think as the Millennial's struggle to find good paying jobs in a tough world they are realizing that they have been lied to. They have been told time and again that everyone is a winner just for showing up but when it comes to getting a job to try and pay off the huge college debt they realize how hard it is. They also realize how much of their money goes to taxes etc. etc..

Millennial's might not like Trump but I think more of them are seeing that the Left has been lying to them about many things.
They are growing up and learning to form their own opinions and learning to question instead of blindly following along with the crowd.

Old 04-30-2018, 11:32 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

They never polled me.......

Old 04-30-2018, 11:34 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Republicans want less government interference in corporate corruption but government can't be too big when controlling everyone's private lives.
hmmm, that again sounds like what the democrats want.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies