Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2018, 09:48 AM

1,323 posts, read 588,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Right. You ONLY want to talk about after the fact.

Because talking about being responsible, making better choices, having BC readily available, being accountable for your actions, and choosing sex partners wisely who respect you enough to wear a condom is just too much for weak-willed women to handle.

It's much better to not be prepared, have poorly protected or unprotected sex with a male partner who doesn't use a condom and then cry about how unfair life is and how you can't BELIEVE you got preggers and that it just wasn't your fault.

Good grief.

Are you really saying, truly saying that women are incapable of having sex with a male who wears a condom? That it is really just too difficult for that scenario to be a constant in a female's life? That poor poor woman, she just had to have sex with no condom?
Bang, bang, bang. OMG, why can't everyone be as perfect as you?

I got pregnant. Partner used a condom. You're clueless.

Old 05-11-2018, 09:51 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
And let's add in: I'll play along: Every man who fathers a child is 100% responsible for all child care for 18 years. So every woman who becomes pregnant MUST give birth, sign all parental rights away, and hand over the baby after delivery, with no right to ever see the child.
Are you OK with that scenario?
Maybe you should spend some time figuring out why you are such an apologist for men

Old 05-11-2018, 09:52 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajo13 View Post
I'm talking about after the fact. Top reason for abortions - financial concerns and lack of support from partners.

You can beat that responsibilty drum all day long, but unintended pregnancies will never stop. NEVER. So you should shift your self-righteous gaze to the circumstances surrounding why a woman chooses abortion and resolving those issues if you REALLY want to make a difference.
Accidents don't happen in that poster's rosy little pretend world. It's useless to attempt to reason with someone who doesn't live in reality.

Old 05-11-2018, 09:56 AM

Quote:
And let's add in: I'll play along:

Every man who fathers a child is 100% responsible for all child care for 18 years.

So every woman who becomes pregnant MUST give birth, sign all parental rights away, and hand over the baby after delivery, with no right to ever see the child.

Are you OK with that scenario?
Well that's what you're advocating now (bold). Don't know what point you're trying to make about signing rights away, but whatever.

As for bold - if you can enforce it, absolutely.

Old 05-11-2018, 09:56 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
How many of those unintended pregnancies were caused by irresponsible choices, lack of self control and improper use of BC or NO use of BC?

As a nurse, she should have KNOWN that the antibiotic would affect the reliability of oral BC and either refrain from sex while taking the antibiotic, or GASP .... Use additional precautions. Seriously. She didn't know that???

Again, personal responsibility.

Do you use the same argument when people with DUIs kill other people in car accidents? I mean, they were drinking and just couldn't help themselves. They were carried away in the moment.

They could have chosen not to drink.
They could have arranged beforehand a DD.
They could have called a cab.
They could have gotten drunk at home and not driven anywhere.

But they just couldn't help themselves. That last 2 drinks .. and bam they run into a minivan and kill a mom and her kid.

But, really, it was NOT the drunk driver's fault. They simply could not help themselves and it was not avoidable. Homicide by DUI is just unavoidable because people just cannot help themselves. /shrug/

No way to know why every unintended pregnancy happened and it doesn't matter unless your goal is to judge and punish women.

I guess she (my niece) and hundreds of thousands of people "should have known", but until fairly recently not many people did know, her daughter is 21. Nurses don't necessarily know effects of drug interactions anymore than you or I would know. Doctors and pharmacists should have known and passed the info on to patients they prescribed anti biotics to but they didn't. Human fallacy.

Again, I'm not making excuses, I'm stating facts.

Old 05-11-2018, 09:59 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Maybe you should spend some time figuring out why you are such an apologist for men
Where have I apologized for men? Let me know which post and what I said and I'll be happy to explain.

OH RIGHT

Never said any such thing. Nice try to deflect.

Old 05-11-2018, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Accidents don't happen in that poster's rosy little pretend world. It's useless to attempt to reason with someone who doesn't live in reality.
Yeah, if everyone was as responsible as she's demanding, they're be no crime, no litter, the cable guy would show up at the scheduled time, and my gyno wouldn't keep me waiting for 45 mins.

Old 05-11-2018, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
No way to know why every unintended pregnancy happened and it doesn't matter unless your goal is to judge and punish women.

I guess she (my niece) and hundreds of thousands of people "should have known", but until fairly recently not many people did know, her daughter is 21. Nurses don't necessarily know effects of drug interactions anymore than you or I would know. Doctors and pharmacists should have known and passed the info on to patients they prescribed anti biotics to but they didn't. Human fallacy.

Again, I'm not making excuses, I'm stating facts.
yeah, I knew that 20 years ago.

If she didn't know that she is a terribly stupid nurse.

Old 05-11-2018, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajo13 View Post
Yeah, if everyone was as responsible as she's demanding, they're be no crime, no litter, the cable guy would show up at the scheduled time, and my gyno wouldn't keep me waiting for 45 mins.
So, being responsible and prepared, choosing sex partners wisely is too difficult?

Shall we just tell all 14 y old girls to run around, no problem, because hey, abortion?

Why bother teaching them sex ed at all since, well, abortion?

Or do we tell them, be protected, be safe, choose partners wisely?

Somehow it's great advice for a 14 y old girl, but an adult woman is just too dumb to understand it?

Old 05-11-2018, 10:07 AM

Quote:
So, being responsible and prepared, choosing sex partners wisely is too difficult?

Shall we just tell all 14 y old girls to run around, no problem, because hey, abortion?

Why bother teaching them sex ed at all since, well, abortion?

Or do we tell them, be protected, be safe, choose partners wisely?

Somehow it's great advice for a 14 y old girl, but an adult woman is just too dumb to understand it?
Unintended pregnancies happen, despite best efforts. And if you want to disparage women as stupid, that's on you. Doesn't change reality. UNINTENDED PREGNANCIES HAPPEN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies