Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2018, 12:38 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
https://www.dailywire.com/news/30301...mpaign=dwbrand

"On Wednesday, Iowa legislators passed the "Heartbeat" bill, which would ban abortions after a fetal heartbeat is detectable. On Friday, Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds (R) signed the bill into law."

“We’re not hiding that at all. A lot has changed since 1973, including Justices, and frankly, the Court got it wrong...”

Don't think it will be long now before Roe v. Wade will be overturned. A day to celebrate.
They’ll NEVER overturn Roe vs Wade because the GOP needs that wedge issue to “energize” voters like you.

Even if overturned, rich, mostly white women will just hop on a plane and go to Europe to get an abortion if they so desire. Women in Ireland do just that.

Poor women will have unwanted babies that taxpayers will have to support via welfare.

Old 05-17-2018, 12:39 AM

37,105 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Do really not understand that unprotected or poorly protected sex cause pregnancy? Do you not understand there are 14000+ low cost clinics across the country at eh ready for low income women as well as Medicaid? Do you really not get that??? You promote killing a baby because people won't protect themselves?

How about ... I get a credit card and know that if I use it I'll get a bill. Cause and effect. But instead of waiting until I have the finances to pay off the bill, I'll run it up to $10K. Why don't you pay for it? Go pay my bill. I mean I could've not used it but, I just have to. I can't help myself. Protect myself financially and make smart choices? Nah. /shrug/ I shouldn't be held accountable for my actions right? I mean it's not MY fault I now have a bill. Yeah I used the card. So what? You should go pay for it. Not me.

Why are you promoting baby killing instead of:
1. Abstinence
2. BC
3. Motherhood
4. Adoption

Why don't you use the 90% of abortions to bolster your argument instead of every absolute outlier that you can find? Your approach is pathetically poor science. You never base a scientific argument on the least probable statistic. But you know that right? /eyeroll/

Not one person has offered a reason why the number of abortions can't be reduced. Not one. It's like people WANT abortions. I mean, seriously WANT them, like they'd get pregnant just to have one, because abortions. The more dead babies the better. It's sick. Sick Sick Sick.

You start with a whole lot better job of sex education than is the norm in the US.

You target the couples who were not using contraception at all. Get them to use one method at least, preferably one of the more reliable ones. You make the morning after pill easy to get and you educate women about its availability.

You just do not want to admit that lack of access is a problem for some people. Closing Planned Parenthood facilities does not help, but that seems to be a priority for the anti-abortion folks. It is not logical to close places that provide contraception if your goal is fewer abortions and not just forcing others who do not share your interpretation of the morality of abortion to abide by what you want.

You can recycle the same argument you have made over and over as long as you want to, but it ignores human nature, it ignores the fact that some people are just not well informed about contraception, and it ignores that there are barriers to access to contraception. Screeching "just use two methods of birth control" does not work. Once again, you cannot just walk into a drug store and buy an oral contraceptive pill, patches or DepoProvera. The pharmacist cannot insert an intrauterine device or a contraceptive implant. The morning after pill is available over the counter, but to some anti-abortion folks it is considered an abortifacient. It's not. It will not abort an established pregnancy.

No one is "promoting baby killing" and absolutely no one wants more abortions. Those comments are obnoxious and just show you are frustrated that people see the gaping holes in your opinions.

By the way, why are the 10% of abortions that you are conceding not "murder"? A pregnancy conceived after rape could result in a perfectly healthy baby.

Old 05-17-2018, 01:52 AM

24,632 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
I don't want my money spent to murder unborn babies.
No, you much prefer it to be spent on the massive welfare and social programs it takes to raise all of these babies.

Gotta' love when innocent society pays for the poor choice of people who can't afford kids.

Old 05-17-2018, 01:59 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
They’ll NEVER overturn Roe vs Wade because the GOP needs that wedge issue to “energize” voters like you.

Even if overturned, rich, mostly white women will just hop on a plane and go to Europe to get an abortion if they so desire. Women in Ireland do just that.

Poor women will have unwanted babies that taxpayers will have to support via welfare.
As I noted in my very first post, if overturned it does not make abortions illegal. It simply sends it back to the states.

Old 05-17-2018, 07:20 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Now that abortions will be effectively stopped in Iowa, I would like to post a link where women can get state funded assistance for their unplanned pregnancy, childbirth, and child raising.

How to Apply | Iowa Department of Human Services

Old 05-17-2018, 07:28 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I believe it. Some rural counties in Oklahoma are so sparsely populated there is no doctor. Therefore, women are told to go to larger towns to get prescribed for birth control pills and other needs. One of the towns advised to go to is 121 miles away.
https://www.ok.gov/health/County_Hea...rol/index.html
There's no mail order?

Old 05-17-2018, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post

Or they could do open adoption.

Old 05-17-2018, 07:32 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Or they could do open adoption.
How about you start a fund to support those unwanted pregnancies? Open an account for it with a starter 5K then allow all those pro-lifers to put their money where their mouths are. Sound good?

Old 05-17-2018, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
How about you start a fund to support those unwanted pregnancies? Open an account for it with a starter 5K then allow all those pro-lifers to put their money where their mouths are. Sound good?
That's already happening with welfare and numerous programs for women and children.

Old 05-17-2018, 07:39 AM

37,105 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
There's no mail order?
I do not know any way to do a GYN exam by mail order.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies