Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2018, 11:07 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,743,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
The bottom line is that making abortions more difficult to obtain is not going to prevent or decrease unplanned pregnancies. What it will do is create back ally and self inflicted abortions which often result in the death of the woman, often leaving her children orphans. It will increase the number of infanticides and abandoned babies, single moms and push more women and families into poverty. Children born into poverty have a much higher chance of perpetuating the cycle, minimum education, crime, unplanned pregnancy and poverty.
I doubt newtovenice cares whats happens to women who get illegal abortions should all abortion be banned. She would say, "It's not my job to worry about them after they failed to do what I said."

Old 05-18-2018, 11:25 AM

36,860 posts, read 31,142,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I doubt newtovenice cares whats happens to women who get illegal abortions should all abortion be banned. She would say, "It's not my job to worry about them after they failed to do what I said."
Of course not because for some pro-lifers making abortion illegal again is all about punishing women.

Old 05-18-2018, 11:25 AM

18,982 posts, read 9,125,971 times
Quote:
This is the truth of all of the forced-birth crowd. They care nothing about the woman. And they actually care nothing of the child once it's born, either. It's all, and only, about forcing women to give birth against their will.

That's where their concern begins and ends.

Old 05-18-2018, 12:04 PM

37,309 posts, read 41,555,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I just looked it up, The rate of abortion among african american women in the US in 2014 was 27 per 1000, that is 2.7%
That is the wrong stat, sleepy. It is per 1000 females of childbearing age, not per 1000 pregnancies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
However since Iowa did not expand medicaid single non disabled, non elderly adults will get zero medical assistance until the baby is born unless they already have children.
However, in most states a pregnant indigent woman can get Medicaid for the duration of the pregnancy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Does it trouble you at all that almost half of American American pregnancies end in abortion? That the African American community is being decimated/genocided?
It troubles us that any pregnancy ends in abortion, despite your attempt to make it look like being pro-choice means wanting the number of abortions to increase.

The irony is that women of color are less likely to use the most effective contraceptive methods because of a distrust of medicine in general, a distrust that is rooted in some abusive practices, including forced sterilization, practiced by the medical community in the past.

https://powertodecide.org/news/medic...traceptive-use

What is your solution to the higher abortion rate for African American women? Yell at them to use two methods of birth control?

Those who rail about Planned Parenthood clinics being located in areas with a higher number of African American residents are just making it harder for those women to get access to any contraception. Anyone who erects barriers to contraception access is contributing to higher abortion rates among women of color.

No one is forcing African American women to have abortions. They decide to do so based on the same factors as other demographic groups. To be genocide, there would have to be coercion.

Old 05-18-2018, 12:38 PM

21,380 posts, read 8,010,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
This is the truth of all of the forced-birth crowd. They care nothing about the woman. And they actually care nothing of the child once it's born, either. It's all, and only, about forcing women to give birth against their will.

That's where their concern begins and ends.
You have no understanding of the prolife movement. None at all. You need to go on prolife websites, prolife blogs, visit some crises pregnancy centers, homes for young moms who need help. Read Unplanned by Abby Johnson PP's Employee of the Year in 2008.

You are beyond ignorant and instead throw insults as if that proves what ... that you have nothing worth saying?

Prolifers care about the life of the mom and the baby.

Proabortioners care only about the life of the mom, and want the baby dead.

And that is the blunt truth.

Killing is wrong.

Old 05-18-2018, 12:50 PM

18,982 posts, read 9,125,971 times
Quote:
You have no understanding of the prolife movement. None at all. You need to go on prolife websites, prolife blogs, visit some crises pregnancy centers, homes for young moms who need help. Read Unplanned by Abby Johnson PP's Employee of the Year in 2008.

You are beyond ignorant and instead throw insults as if that proves what ... that you have nothing worth saying?

Killing is wrong.
Pro-forced-birthers care about the fetus. They care nothing about the actual child, as they are typically the same people who want to cut off welfare to these children once they're here. When they're in the womb you love them so much! Once they're through that birth canal, though, they can starve for all you care.

You fool no one pretending otherwise, as you have demonstrated absolutely no compassion for these unwanted children or the quality of life they have once they leave the womb. Nor do you give a damn about the desperate women who knew they weren't in a position to have a child but who you want to force to have them anyway, and then have to struggle to care for and provide for them.

These actual, living, breathing people are nothing to you.

Only the fetus matters.

Old 05-18-2018, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
That is the wrong stat, sleepy. It is per 1000 females of childbearing age, not per 1000 pregnancies.

However, in most states a pregnant indigent woman can get Medicaid for the duration of the pregnancy.

It troubles us that any pregnancy ends in abortion, despite your attempt to make it look like being pro-choice means wanting the number of abortions to increase.

The irony is that women of color are less likely to use the most effective contraceptive methods because of a distrust of medicine in general, a distrust that is rooted in some abusive practices, including forced sterilization, practiced by the medical community in the past.

https://powertodecide.org/news/medic...traceptive-use

What is your solution to the higher abortion rate for African American women? Yell at them to use two methods of birth control?

Those who rail about Planned Parenthood clinics being located in areas with a higher number of African American residents are just making it harder for those women to get access to any contraception. Anyone who erects barriers to contraception access is contributing to higher abortion rates among women of color.

No one is forcing African American women to have abortions. They decide to do so based on the same factors as other demographic groups. To be genocide, there would have to be coercion.
Coercion is an interesting word.

PP sets up in poor, minority neighborhoods that already have low cost clinics. If PP were to disappear today, the only factor that would change is abortions.

There are 13,000+ low cost clinics across the country, plus pregnancy crises centers, plus urgent care clinic, plus hospital ER + doctors offices ... in contrast ...

There are about 650 PP clinics.

That's it. So .. tell me again how PP is the ONLY place women can get BC?

There are no barriers to accessible BC. None. It's a myth. Show me the millions of women who just can't get BC, have no idea where to go, just can't make it to the clinic or the thousands of stores across the country that sell OTC BC.

PP's only function is to get women in so they can have abortions. 90% of pregnant women that come in have abortions. So how good is PP at family planning? Pretty poor I'd say.

PP does not offer maternity care, prenatal care or mammograms. It offers BC, STD testing and abortions. That's it. So let's call it like it is ... an abortion business. It's where the money comes from. Without the cash from abortions it owuld not be able to keep it's doors open.

Each PP facility has a monthly abortion quota.

You read that right. They have to hit their numbers. So they need to counsel women into getting abortions.

You said coersion, right? How about a suggesting only 1 option to a customer, and appealing to her emotional side telling her what a great decision it is?

Coersion ....

Right.

People truly have no idea what is happening.

Life is life.

Edit to ADD: 650 clinics that perform HALF of all abortions. Half. At 650 clinics. Its an ABORTION business.
Edit to ADD again: They also get bonuses if they have a "great" month. More abortions = more $$ for staff.
What's truly sick is you will say this is a lie. It's not. It's horrifying and inhumane and disheartening and just heartbreaking .... but it is not a lie.

Last edited by newtovenice; 05-18-2018 at 01:03 PM..

Old 05-18-2018, 01:06 PM

Quote:

Killing is wrong.
You're obviously quite ignorant that many pro-legislators oppose laws that allow a woman to give her new born baby to a responsible party with no questions asked. The intent of the law is to try to discourage women from throwing new born babies in dumpsters or other means of disposal. But pro-life legislators oppose such laws because the woman gets away with the crime of child abandonment. They don't worry what might happen to the baby.

Old 05-18-2018, 01:17 PM

Quote:
You're obviously quite ignorant that many pro-legislators oppose laws that allow a woman to give her new born baby to a responsible party with no questions asked. The intent of the law is to try to discourage women from throwing new born babies in dumpsters or other means of disposal. But pro-life legislators oppose such laws because the woman gets away with the crime of child abandonment. They don't worry what might happen to the baby.
Um no.

There's this little thing called kidnapping? You may have heard of it. So yeah. Questions.

Or maybe I could just grab a kid from the grocery store and turn him into the police? I'm sure they'd have no questions for me. At all. Not. A. One. Just trust me and take the kid.

Old 05-18-2018, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Coercion is an interesting word.

PP sets up in poor, minority neighborhoods that already have low cost clinics. If PP were to disappear today, the only factor that would change is abortions.

There are 13,000+ low cost clinics across the country, plus pregnancy crises centers, plus urgent care clinic, plus hospital ER + doctors offices ... in contrast ...

There are about 650 PP clinics.

That's it. So .. tell me again how PP is the ONLY place women can get BC?

There are no barriers to accessible BC. None. It's a myth. Show me the millions of women who just can't get BC, have no idea where to go, just can't make it to the clinic or the thousands of stores across the country that sell OTC BC.

PP's only function is to get women in so they can have abortions. 90% of pregnant women that come in have abortions. So how good is PP at family planning? Pretty poor I'd say.

PP does not offer maternity care, prenatal care or mammograms. It offers BC, STD testing and abortions. That's it. So let's call it like it is ... an abortion business. It's where the money comes from. Without the cash from abortions it owuld not be able to keep it's doors open.

Each PP facility has a monthly abortion quota.

You read that right. They have to hit their numbers. So they need to counsel women into getting abortions.

You said coersion, right? How about a suggesting only 1 option to a customer, and appealing to her emotional side telling her what a great decision it is?

Coersion ....

Right.

People truly have no idea what is happening.

Life is life.

Edit to ADD: 650 clinics that perform HALF of all abortions. Half. At 650 clinics. Its an ABORTION business.
Edit to ADD again: They also get bonuses if they have a "great" month. More abortions = more $$ for staff.
What's truly sick is you will say this is a lie. It's not. It's horrifying and inhumane and disheartening and just heartbreaking .... but it is not a lie.
So if you care so dearly with all your heart and all your soul about babies being slain in the wombs, then why the hell are you wasting your time being on here and, instead, go stand in the door of an abortion clinic to block pregnant women from entering? For all I know, you have never so much as been there to simply hold a sign near the entrance. Not so much as once!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies