Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 11:34 AM

19,620 posts, read 12,215,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Because you are not fleeing from anything!!
You think people in the US don't live in violent war zones? Think again. Try South Chicago. In poverty there is no escape except for being homeless. Who gives them asylum?

We have WAAAY bigger problems than illegal kids sleeping in a community center eating eggs and ham watching a big tv. The outrage is fake.

Old 06-19-2018, 11:35 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,071,287 times
The Democrats proposed their own bill a few days ago. Every single Democrat supported it, but not a single Republican would. It will be interesting to see how many Republicans join Cruz's effort.

9,267 posts, read 5,117,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
OK, let's use an American traditional name for them.

Internment camps. After all, the USA has so much practice with those.

Notice children are not separated from parents.

Oh, hold it, apparently some DID call them concentration camps way back when.

Hey, back then Americans even used... cattle ramps??

Oh, look how well those internment camps treat the inhabitants!

What a PROUD history, one that is being repeated.
You attempt at comedy is disgusting. But keep it up.

13,602 posts, read 4,929,119 times
I really dislike Ted Cruz, but I applaud him for this initiative. I hope that Democrats will join with Republicans in this bid to thwart the administration's cruel policy.

Old 06-19-2018, 11:36 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,380,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
You think people in the US don't live in violent war zones? Think again. Try South Chicago. In poverty there is no escape except for being homeless. Who gives them asylum?

We have WAAAY bigger problems than illegal kids sleeping in a community center eating eggs and ham watching a big tv. The outrage is fake.
I find it barbaric that they aren't being fed culturally appropriate foods from their countries of origin.

Old 06-19-2018, 11:36 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,592,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
how many are you willing to let in? 1 million? 2?

There are 6 billion people in the world, that are poor and not in America. You want to let them all in?
I can guarantee you, there are many places that have no desire to live in the USA. Certainly most of Europe wants nothing more to do with a country whose leader lies, cheats, insults, breaks treaties and cavorts with dictators. The trust is broken (seriously, it's broken). I've just come back from a 7 country Europe trip, and people there have no more respect for the USA... it's viewed as an unreliable partner, unlike the past 70 years.

What a shame, but at least 33% of the population thinks this is a good thing. It's sad what's become of a once great, proud and trustworthy nation. To repair the damage may take generations, if it is not too late.

Old 06-19-2018, 11:38 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,978,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
If not internment camps, what would YOU like to call them?
Give us a name.
You cannot compare the scenarios. Thats what I am saying. I disagree with separating parents and children. However, we are not rounding up legal immigrants or citizens and putting them in camps becuase of their race. You were the one who tried to compare, not me.
Lets say parents and children are kept together, where do you think we should put them in the interim while processing and deciding to deport or let stay? The Hilton? AS long as they are kept together, given fresh food, water, clothing, medicine, warm blankets they are probably better off then where they are running from since they are seeking ASYLUM, right??

Old 06-19-2018, 11:40 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,380,063 times
Quote:
I can guarantee you, there are many places that have no desire to live in the USA. Certainly most of Europe wants nothing more to do with a country whose leader lies, cheats, insults, breaks treaties and cavorts with dictators. The trust is broken (seriously, it's broken). I've just come back from a 7 country Europe trip, and people there have no more respect for the USA... it's viewed as an unreliable partner, unlike the past 70 years.

What a shame, but at least 33% of the population thinks this is a good thing. It's sad what's become of a once great, proud and trustworthy nation. To repair the damage may take generations, if it is not too late.
And what I don't understand is Trump calling to bring in educated, professional immigrants. Why does he want that?! He is so racist!

Instead, we need to keep the system we have now, bringing in millions of uneducated ones, who will work for very little. As I heard Nancy say in private, we need a race of people to do the work we won't do. Whites won't work the fields, and we can't use blacks, she said. That only leaves Hispanics, and it's easier to control them, so says Chuck, if we don't have to make them legal.

Old 06-19-2018, 11:41 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,592,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Great! Let them become France.
We seem to be doing quite well. Canadians live longer than Americans, are healthier and have much less crime.

Old 06-19-2018, 11:43 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,117,199 times
Quote:

Dude, the "damage" is just beginning. If the Left wants to escalate this, there will be trouble like America has never seen.
I don't know why they would knowingly do this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies