Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 12:15 PM

31,053 posts, read 22,077,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Don't you Trump cult members get it? He doesn't give a darn about these issues. He wants $ for his wall.
Gotta give it to him, his base believes every one of his lies even when they are proven wrong.
Congratulations folks. Especially you christians I'm sure you are making Jesus proud. Hypocrites as long as it's not your kids being permanently harmed and traumatized right?
Guess their parents who brought them here in the first place bear no responsibility

Old 06-19-2018, 12:17 PM

22,473 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Because you are not fleeing from anything!!

If I were "fleeing from anything", I would move to another part of the country.

There are black Americans who live in LA that have been terrorized by gangs like MS-13 in an effort to force them out of their neighborhood. Are these terrorized people supposed to show up at the Canadian border and ask for asylum?

Some of these so-called asylum seekers from the banana republics say they had to leave because their husband beat them. There are Americans, both men and women, who are victims of spousal abuse. Should they all show up at the Canadian border and ask for asylum?

Most of the so-called Asylum seekers who are showing up at the border will be found to have no credible claim. They will tell any lie to try to get asylum in the US. And you know the reason why that is---it's for the freebies. If they truly were in danger, they would have asked for asylum in Mexico rather than put their kids through the abuse of dragging them through Mexico. Then again, Mexico doesn't hand out freebies as freely as the US.

Old 06-19-2018, 12:17 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Why detained? Other countries rarely detain refugee claimants. The Treaties the US has agreed to (and now is breaking) allows for refugee claimants to work in country. Let them pay taxes, rather than be a burden on taxpayers.

It works for most other countries.

And thus the true liberal agenda is revealed - let them go free.

This isn't really about separating families. That's just a precursor because the alternative of keeping families together in civil detention more than 20 days has already been blocked by the courts.

No, it doesn't work for other countries. Everyone who has tried an open door policy - such as EU in the 2015-2016 refugee crisis - has come to regret it and frontline EU countries are now closing the doors.

Old 06-19-2018, 12:18 PM

3,569 posts, read 2,520,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
Did anyone ever expect the US government to emulate the Nazis while some Americans cheer them on?
It is clear that the authoritarian streak in US politics has cast off its threadbare cloak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Again, if you are being sarcastic then please use this icon..... No such thing as an undocumented they are illegal aliens. No, they don't keep our food prices lower the growers that use them do not pass any savings on to the consumer they merely pocket the profits from paying them less while they pass their enormous social costs on us. Only 2% of illegals are picking crops anyway.
If you have some concern that unlawful wages are not resulting in lower prices, then just legalize immigrant labor. Growers will have to pay minimum wage and there will be reduced incentive for unskilled labor to immigrate to the United States.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
This nation wasn't discovered at all, it was established.

It was not established (at least, IMO, in inherent spirit) for white people, but it was established, largely, by white people.
You should spend some more time reading 18th and 19th century US history.

Old 06-19-2018, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Yes maybe after travelling thousands of miles with nothing, they should just try somewhere else. Easy to just hop on a boat to the next continent.
If they have "nothing", then why put their kids through the abuse of dragging them through Mexico? They do this knowing that they may not be able to feed their kids along the way. You don't think that is abuse?

Old 06-19-2018, 12:21 PM

764 posts, read 235,214 times
Quote:
You are breaking the treaties you signed on to, and complied with for decades. It is NOT only your business. Why should the rest of the world trust anything else you proclaim?

Funny the rest of the world doesn't have this 'huge problem' of people not showing up in droves for hearings. Does it happen? Sure? Is it pervasive? Not a chance.

Why is the rest of the world so much better in handling humanitarian issues than America. The USA used to be the leader and the country that was looked up to.

No more.

Eisenhower, Kennedy, Reagan would turn over in their graves with what is happening.
The world has changed....... if treaties no longer benefit the United States then they should be renegotiated. Long dead presidents mean nothing to me. I told you already, the rest of the world is free to do as they wish. What are your views on Canada's policies posted above?

Old 06-19-2018, 12:22 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
If they have "nothing", then why put their kids through the abuse of dragging them through Mexico? They do this knowing that they may not be able to feed their kids along the way. You don't think that is abuse?
If you are in a situation you have no hope -- the fact you take a risk to try to find hope isn't abuse...it's trying to find hope.

We are looking at their issues through our bubbles. It is obvious we have no clue ......

Old 06-19-2018, 12:23 PM

Quote:
If not internment camps, what would YOU like to call them?
Give us a name.
Shelters.

These kids are living better in the shelters than they were living at home.

You avoid the fact that these shelters may well be saving the lives of some of these kids. I'm talking about the ones who have been trafficked. Why do you avoid admitting that trafficking minors is a problem?

Old 06-19-2018, 12:23 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Germany is rolling out mass holding centers for asylum seekers.

"Until now, Germany’s policy has been to embed new arrivals in communities across the country. But Angela Merkel’s government is seeking to reverse its strategy, as a populist backlash builds against the chancellor’s handling of the refugee crisis. “We all know how difficult it is to deport people without protected status after they have been spread out across the country and put down roots in our cities and communities,” the interior minister, Horst Seehofer, told the German parliament last week.
“In the future the end of an asylum application will coincide with the start of the deportation procedure,” said the leader of the CSU and former Bavarian state premier, adding that he wanted to see states set up the new centres this autumn."
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...asylum-seekers

So clearly, letting asylum seekers go free has not worked for Germany.

Old 06-19-2018, 12:25 PM

Quote:
We seem to be doing quite well. Canadians live longer than Americans, are healthier and have much less crime.
Oh really? Then why aren't you living there full time? Why are you running away from the winters? After all, you poor dear, by your own admission Canadians live longer than Americans and have less crime. Why are you subjecting yourself to the awful USA when you could have a much, much better life in your own country?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies