Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 06:53 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,234,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
I cant read anymore of these posts, but i admire those who continue to fight who try to change the minds of people even though it wont work. Human decency has been lost. The Trump supporters had none to begin with, and so it was easy for him to brainwash them further. Anyone who sees what is happening and cheers it on, well, what can i say? I ended a lot of friendships this year when some of my friends began spouting white supremacy retoric and had voted for Trump. I lost respect for Christians and Republicans. I think we can spend our time better by fighting for justice a different way, because i tell you this, we have not changed one person's mind. If anything we have fed the hatred. If this continues you wont even recognize America.

What has really been lost is logic but then the loony left never had any to begin with. It seems you have an ongoing inability to handle a difference of opinion that even extends to real life. America has always been about being able to have differences in opinion and if you can no longer handle that, it isn't America that has changed it is you. If this continues people won't even recognize you as an American.

Old 06-19-2018, 06:54 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,322,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
Thank you for pointing out he did not say "we won't be a country of migrants".
It was damned close and you know it.

Don't thank me. I did nothing to help you.

Old 06-19-2018, 06:55 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,500,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
What has really been lost is logic but then the loony left never had any to begin with. It seems you have an ongoing inability to handle a difference of opinion that even extends to real life. America has always been about being able to have differences in opinion and if you can no longer handle that, it isn't America that has changed it is you. If this continues people won't even recognize you as an American.

And you deal in balance by claiming one side is illogical?

Old 06-19-2018, 06:56 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,743,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Yes they are. The media are using the children politically. They care nothing about these children. It's all about bringing President Trump down, which they won't do. The liberal media wants to paint the Trump administration as heartless, They want to bash Christianity and portray Christians as unfeeling hypocrites. There is an agenda being carried out that is very well orchestrated. They have been allowed to carry this out for a time, but now we are speaking out. Many have been speaking out for a long time. Very courageous Americans. We can't kowtow to the bullies who would keep us from being heard.
LOL you kowtow to the biggest bully in our country and you believe the lies spewed by him. Is the press perfect? No but, what would it be like if we didn't have the free press and were forced like NK or Russia to only hear what they wanted us to hear?

Old 06-19-2018, 06:57 AM

9,538 posts, read 16,530,025 times
I'm still not getting the part, where the American taxpayer comes into play. After all every single one of us pays for all that is going on. Yet we have no say in the process, or the reasoning behind how immigration is handled.

My say is this. Take care of your own when there is, an obvious need to do so. Neglecting your own citizens over this constant illegal entry. Is as far as I'm concerned morally wrong. It fact it is a disgrace. Helping all these immigrants is one thing, its another to put the continuous financial/emotional burden continually on your own. We are being used.

28,163 posts, read 25,322,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Yes they are. The media are using the children politically. They care nothing about these children. It's all about bringing President Trump down, which they won't do. The liberal media wants to paint the Trump administration as heartless, They want to bash Christianity and portray Christians as unfeeling hypocrites. There is an agenda being carried out that is very well orchestrated. They have been allowed to carry this out for a time, but now we are speaking out. Many have been speaking out for a long time. Very courageous Americans. We can't kowtow to the bullies who would keep us from being heard.
Oh sure.

I guess the president of the American Academy of Pediatrics, Dr. Colleen Kraft, is just lying right?

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Bush signed the law back in 2001...the Obama admin enforced it in 2008.

I'm far from a Trumper, but I hate when big sites like this omit facts. Heck the Clintons are both on video saying they are ok with separating families of illegals.
That is no justification for the choices being made by this administration here and now. (read other posts in this thread -- lots of links to where while this law existed it was never used to separate families as punishment or deterrent and how this administration has talked about doing this for almost a year and a half).

And -- if this administration was so sure they were doing the right thing , they would have one clear, concise, consistent statement (was going to say factual but facts don't matter to this administration -- even more so than all previous administrations).

Old 06-19-2018, 06:58 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,234,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
And you deal in balance by claiming one side is illogical?

That's what you call "tit for tat".

Old 06-19-2018, 06:58 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
Too bad the democrats don't care about the homeless Americans in this country along with their children especially in places like San. Francisco with all the tent cities.

Hypocrites!
Even worse is that many Republicans only care about these issues when they want/need to deflect from some other issue(s).

Where are the proposals from GOP politicians regarding the homeless issue?
Are they advocating for affordable housing?
Larger budgets for family social services?
Funding for after-school programs?
Meals on wheels?
Housing for homeless veterans?

Somehow they can find the money to pay private prison profiteers and build tent cities but are the loudest advocates for cutting budgets for all of the above.

The people on the ground providing services to the homeless ARE the ones most likely to be advocating for these children.
Get back to us when any of the above shows up in the Republican platform.

Old 06-19-2018, 06:59 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,418,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
OH come ON.

Are you seriously comparing a government agency KIDNAPPING children from their parents to dropping your child off at SCHOOL or DAYCARE?

JFC.

They're not KIDNAPPING anyone. Jesus, what a bunch of absolute unhinged nutters.

KIDNAPPING means you have no intention of returning the children. The kids are kept for a limited period of time during the parent's review period. Then they are reuinted, or released to relatives in the states. Actually, kids with next of kin are sent to relatives always.

We can't incarcerate kids, so what's your solution? The old "catch and release" meant 80% of people "released" NEVER RETURNED FOR THEIR SCHEDULED ASYLUM AND IMMIGRATION HEARINGS. They just disappeared somewhere into the country. That isn't OK.

This policy should be well known now throughout Latin America. Maybe knowing the old ways are over, asylum seekers will take the (actually EASIER TREK) to any of the about DOZEN spots IN MEXICO that one can present themselves and their asylum case at an American embassy or consulate.

People like you ENCOURAGE human trafficking, smuggling, and child endangerment. Understand this. Kids DIE (not just get separated) because the old system encouraged people to risk life and limb to come in illegally. THEY DIED. DEAD. That blood is on all of your hands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies