Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 11:24 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Pretty good article here about how Trump winning is driving liberals nuts .

Also breaks down all the times the liberals/media have freaked out over Trumps actions and words and their predictions didn’t come true .
Since you seem to know things, when is the budget going to be balanced the debt paid down? When do we get the best health care for everyone for less? When do the coal jobs come back? When are wages going to rise so that the "uneducated he so loves" can make a basic living with benefits?

When do we leave Afghanistan? When do we leave the new war(s) like in Syria?

It seems as if most predictions have come true - that is, that he lies about most everything. By any measure - politifact, factcheck (founded by famous Republicans) most things he claimed he was gonna do didn't happen and/or aren't in the process either.

As it stands now, Historians are rating him #45 out of 45 Presidents. That would seem a "win" for those who predicted he was a dunce but a loss for most of us (at least those not receiving payoffs from his Swamp).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2018, 11:28 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Since you seem to know things, when is the budget going to be balanced the debt paid down? When do we get the best health care for everyone for less? When do the coal jobs come back? When are wages going to rise so that the "uneducated he so loves" can make a basic living with benefits?

When do we leave Afghanistan? When do we leave the new war(s) like in Syria?

It seems as if most predictions have come true - that is, that he lies about most everything. By any measure - politifact, factcheck (founded by famous Republicans) most things he claimed he was gonna do didn't happen and/or aren't in the process either.

As it stands now, Historians are rating him #45 out of 45 Presidents. That would seem a "win" for those who predicted he was a dunce but a loss for most of us (at least those not receiving payoffs from his Swamp).
So he’s “failed “ because he hasn’t fixed the entire world in 16 months ?

The point of the article is that you liberals keep freaking out about everything Trump does that you’ve lost credibility .

The world was supposed to end like 100 times now according to you guys . Why should we trust you?

Old 05-10-2018, 11:47 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,036,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
You honestly don't think Putin has shut down most of the media in Russia (or outright owns it himself?).....

Sorry, but you appear misinformed. Are you Polish? Hungarian?

From the 1600 Putin arrested last week, it appears he took away the rights of free assembly.

Xi? Well, you could argue that the Chinese never had the rights he took away...but hopefully you know that the Chinese government 100% controls the internet there. No Facebook. Not even Pinterest. All books in China must be approved by the government.

You certainly have a strange idea as to what freedoms and rights are.
Yes now you have the answer . Even by doing such things their media portrays them as Gods. And Trump is compared to Nazi or the military leaders for doing what?? Tweeting, not being politically correct and speaking his mind. We people are so much tuned to that "protocols" "decorum" etc, so we are unable to adapt to acts of a common man.

He sure is arrogant and racist, but in what way he is affecting you?? Media and hence the people want only scapegoats. Has any media voiced against the exorbitant credit card rates, college tuition and lack of jobs?? They wont because Trump's ex lovers are of strategic importance.

I am not from Poland and Hungary, I am from an equally messed up democratic liberal country.

Old 05-10-2018, 11:52 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
He isn't polished
He speaks (and Tweets) like a teenager
He's smug and full of himself
He has big balls

He makes decisions deep down which many times it's hard for me to fault him. For instance, I do believe he got out of the arms deal because it is a bad deal for the U.S.
Interesting. Russia seems to think it was a very good deal for them.

"...In a conversation on RT, the two hosts note that to implement all the domestic programs Putin has promised for Russia, the cost will be 8 trillion rubles ($127 billion). But, where, the host questions, is Russia to get such a huge amount when the government has long been strapped for cash?

Female host says: "Looks like we found it. Trump is withdrawing US from the Iran nuclear deal. Oil prices should go up, which is good for us..."

Trump is not complex--he is a simpleton. He's just very confused most of the time.

Old 05-10-2018, 12:00 PM

26,578 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
He has big balls
this i disagree with.

when directly called out on his BS trump will hide behind "that was what i was told". a person with true balls either stands by their word or admits they were wrong.

Old 05-10-2018, 03:48 PM

2,646 posts, read 1,846,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
But; the turd still stinks. Just like putting lipstick on a pig.

Complex? I'd say he is a complicated, ego maniac, with a stubborn streak as long as the Mississippi.

My way or the highway, kind of guy. Someone with absolutely no empathy, critical thinking.............really just the opposite of what you would expect from a world leader.

No ethics or morals. And.........he needs a new makeup person.
A stubborn streak as long as the Mississippi River, is what I meant to say. (About Trump.)

This post of mine above and here, is about Trump. More........in his "pull out of Iran deal," speech, he kept going on and on about all the money we gave Iran, it was Iran's money in the first place.

Took years to negotiate the deal and in 5 minuets he tears it up.

He says he keeps his promises. Well, some of those promises were for the American people. How about keeping America's promises and putting his huge piece of ego aside. His hate for President Obama is sickening. He will never be the man Obama is, he might as well give up.

Complex? The only thing complex about Trump is his personal life getting splashed around. We sure need a leader; not a soap opera about his life. When will this nightmare end? Pandering to his base is just the lowest. We need a leader that speaks for and respects all Americans.

Old 05-10-2018, 06:45 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,143,346 times
Well, my own personal opinion is that he is clearly the worst president of all time: ignorant, inexperienced, bullying, bigoted, mean, greedy, self-aggrandizing. We have never had a president with such an awful background, in terms of his bankruptcies, his endless lawsuits, his blatant infidelities, his pathological lying. I don't think he cares at all about the country first - only the country as something that he can brag about. Keep in mind that he is undermining basic American values, like respect for the law, respect for a free press. He will occasionally to something right - even a stopped clock is right twice a day - but that's largely due to the various people influencing him. Some of the global effects - well, you know that he's anti-science and anti-environment. And on top of that, not only has there been an uptick in hate crime and hate speech here, but he's bolstering other bad-guy strongmen abroad.

However, I have to add that I really appreciate your carefully written post - even though I don't think Trump is as complex man.

Old 05-11-2018, 12:22 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
Oh he's simple all right. The average Trump supporter probably thinks as follows, I don't care if my president is a pathological liar as long as the economy is doing well.
That sounds more like Bill Clinton followers. After all, he lied himself into impeachment.

Old 05-11-2018, 12:27 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
He’s not complex in the least. If he was, he wouldn’t be so predictable.

He’d probably be a better and smarter person if he had to earn his wealth instead of being born into it.

Old 05-11-2018, 01:12 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
So he’s “failed “ because he hasn’t fixed the entire world in 16 months ?

The point of the article is that you liberals keep freaking out about everything Trump does that you’ve lost credibility .

The world was supposed to end like 100 times now according to you guys . Why should we trust you?
I got news for you. He failed before he took the oath of office.
The man is a phony from the front end to the back. Selling snake oil as elixir.
The idea that we the people elected this self indulgent narcissistic, cretin to lead the nation, is beyond comprehension.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies