Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 10:21 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,794,281 times

Advertisements

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1I10YH

As with every generation and despite the best efforts of the teachers' unions and the leftwing professors to hide it, reality asserts itself. They start thinking for themselves, questioning what they have been told, challenging received wisdom and convention.

Welcome to life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2018, 10:23 AM

3,319 posts, read 2,339,713 times
Millennials are abandoning the two party system all together.

Old 04-30-2018, 10:25 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times
Well, what do the Republicans offer anybody? Lose even more freedom? Shut down the press? The conservatives seem to have a double standard with what they say and do. They say they want less government. That’s only for businesses not for us. They want to restrict our personal freedoms.

Old 04-30-2018, 10:26 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,698,703 times
The GOP is a party of old, white men and the new generation has nothing in common with them. Just wait till they start voting.

Old 04-30-2018, 10:26 AM

30,370 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post

As with every generation and despite the best efforts of the teachers' unions and the leftwing professors to hide it, reality asserts itself. They start thinking for themselves, questioning what they have been told, challenging received wisdom and convention.

Welcome to life.
I'm entering decade 6 of my life and I've heard since I was a teenager that the end of the Republican party is nigh due to young people are liberal and the demographics are changing in the Dems favor....then life happens and they change.

Old 04-30-2018, 10:27 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times

28 percent of those polled expressed overt support for Republicans in the 2018 poll - about the same percentage as two years earlier.

But that does not mean the rest will turn out to back Democrats, the survey showed. A growing share of voters between ages 18 and 34 years old said they were undecided, would support a third-party candidate or not vote at all.

Old 04-30-2018, 10:28 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post

Welcome to life.
Short attention span....and no real leader.

Old 04-30-2018, 10:40 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,794,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post

28 percent of those polled expressed overt support for Republicans in the 2018 poll - about the same percentage as two years earlier.

But that does not mean the rest will turn out to back Democrats, the survey showed. A growing share of voters between ages 18 and 34 years old said they were undecided, would support a third-party candidate or not vote at all.
This is exactly what every generation goes thru. Republicans never get to 50% identification in any generation but independents are up for grabs and they lean Republican.

Democrats have an election strategy based on demographics: 90% of blacks, 60% of latinos. Given.

Then, the have to scramble for white votes. 50% - 70% of public employees. Then what? Well, 60% of the young (18 - 30 age) voters. To make sure they get them, they have the unionized teachers and radical professors. They know they'll lose them (to life) in a few years, but they'll be replaced by the next cohort so it's OK.

Republicans get the rest.

Old 04-30-2018, 10:44 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
The GOP is a party of old, white men and the new generation has nothing in common with them. Just wait till they start voting.
LOL, did you see the recent 2016 Presidential elections?

Repubs had youth, Blacks, women in the race.
Dems had 2 old white people who fall down when they climb stairs.

Let's name the top leadership of the Democrat party then average their age. It would be somewhere around 75.

Maybe Nancy Pulosi can explain it better to you.

Old 04-30-2018, 11:06 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Well, what do the Republicans offer anybody? Lose even more freedom? Shut down the press? The conservatives seem to have a double standard with what they say and do. They say they want less government. That’s only for businesses not for us. They want to restrict our personal freedoms.
seems to me its the democrats pushing to take away our freedoms.

as for shutting down the press, tell me which outlet has been shut down since trump was elected. again its the democrats that are pushing to take away our rights to free speech and freedom of religion, not the republicans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies