Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 01:55 AM

5,466 posts, read 3,067,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
In my experience, the people who are most opposed to political correctness simply want to act boorishly without any social repercussions.
What has that got to do with pc?

PC is marxist ideology.
The term comes from Mao red book.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2018, 11:18 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,757,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I agree with you about Bill’s show. He often rants about PC culture. But the 9/11 attackers were not brave. They were brainwashed. They believed, with ever fiber of their being, that this life is not the only life they will have. They thought that this was a way to get into paradise with their 76 virgins or whatever.

If they believed that death only means the end of existence, and they still killed themselves, that would be brave.
He rails against political correctness but his version of being anti-PC is usually just to be more crass or rude about his leftism than some of the others are. That's not really being anti-PC, it's being rude and crass about being PC.

Old 06-01-2018, 08:27 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,382,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
How does the fact that racism is no longer socially acceptable hurt "the white race"?
Racism is socially acceptable. In fact, it's socially mandatory. That's what PC is: The enforcement of the requirement that everyone hold the "correct" anti-white opinions.

Old 06-02-2018, 09:58 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,917,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Insanely easy question to answer.
  • White people are sick to death of being told that they're bad people because they're white.
  • Everyone is sick of being called racists when they're not.
  • Men are sick of being told that they're evil misogynists who violently oppress women when they don't.
  • Sane people are sick of being having nonsense PC words thrown at them.
  • 95% of Americans are Nazis and Fascists the way that Antifa and the PC Left measures it. 95% of Americans are sick to death of being called Nazis.
  • Because "Cultural Appropriation" is one of the dumbest ideas anyone ever championed by idiots.
  • Because "Safe Spaces" and "Trigger Warnings" are stupid. They're also the exact opposite of helpful.
  • White Americans who never owned slaves are sick of being told they're guilty "cuz slavery."
  • Because there really are only two genders.
  • Because it really is okay to be white.
  • Because the programs championed by SJW's are discriminatory and counter-productive.
  • Because Marxism -- the deadliest ideology in human history -- is at the core of political correctness.
  • Because political correctness always fails to produce anything that is actually useful or helpful.
  • Because shrieking about gun control tends to cause other solutions to gun violence to be ignored.
  • Because PC culture has become extremely violent.
  • Because we don't want to live in George Orwell's "1984".
  • Because third wave feminism is cancer.
  • Because everyone has problems and the "privileged" groups' lives aren't much different than the "oppressed groups."
  • Because the content of a person's character matters a lot more than the color of their skin.
  • Because PC culture leads to hatred.
  • Because people need to take responsibility for their own lives, choices, etc.
  • Because Western Culture isn't evil at all. It's actually done more good for humankind than anything that happened before it. And yet, PC culture can't shut up about how evil Western Culture is.
  • Because in general, people don't like being told they're bad people based on their genitalia, skin color, etc.
It's strange. I'm a white male.

I've never been called any of the things you claim white males are sick of being called.

One must wonder why that is.

Old 06-02-2018, 10:20 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,943,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Racism is socially acceptable. In fact, it's socially mandatory. That's what PC is: The enforcement of the requirement that everyone hold the "correct" anti-white opinions.
Not being allowed to be racist is not anti white. Your talking points are right off of stormfront though so good job at wasting your time worrying about peoples skin pigmentation.

Old 06-02-2018, 10:28 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
In my experience, the people who are most opposed to political correctness simply want to act boorishly without any social repercussions.
Go to North Korea and you'll get a real dose of where politically correct speech takes a society.

You have not noticed yet that anytime anyone disagrees with liberals or democrats they're automatically racist? Is your head buried in the sand? People mistakenly regard political correctness as just a nutty liberal fetish for not hurting people’s feelings but that's not true at all. It's about controlling the meaning of words and the language. WRONG

Old 06-02-2018, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Leon Trotsky coined the most over-used word in the world – racist. The context of the word has subsequently been divorced from the original meaning Trotsky had in mind. Calling someone a “racist” is the favoured ad hominem of progressive liberals painting everybody who does not agree with them as some form of jackboot wearing, SS flag waiving Nazi white supremacist.

At this point I should interject Cultural Marxism. With Economic Marxism - that placed Russia under the control of Communists - not working in the West the plan was for a far more insidious and clever tactic to be used. Economic Marxism is a blunt instrument that smashes everything in its path but Cultural Marxism is intelligent, precise and a long-term strategy that would destroy the culture of the Western World as surely as an atom bomb – but from the inside.

https://www.news24.com/MyNews24/Libe...order-20131022

Old 06-02-2018, 10:36 AM

Quote:
One might say your lack of understanding what Political Correctness is really about is boorish.

Political Correctness (as we know it) has its origins in the 1970’s UK liberal scene when the New Left adopted it. Even being Conservative or “Classic” liberal means that in the PC world you are a right wing lunatic – such is the indoctrination that Cultural Marxism and its tool, Political Correctness, has heaped upon the world. Apparently – police dogs are now also deemed to be racist and in England the use of the terms “whitelist” and “blacklist” has racist undertones and can no longer be used by the Metropolitan Police. I personally refer to PC as Political Clownery due to the base absurdity of it.

https://www.news24.com/MyNews24/Libe...order-20131022

Old 06-02-2018, 11:39 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Go to North Korea and you'll get a real dose of where politically correct speech takes a society.

You have not noticed yet that anytime anyone disagrees with liberals or democrats they're automatically racist? Is your head buried in the sand? People mistakenly regard political correctness as just a nutty liberal fetish for not hurting people’s feelings but that's not true at all. It's about controlling the meaning of words and the language. WRONG
Oh, sure.

Happy Holidays!

Illegal Immigrant!

Kneeling for the national anthem!

Holiday Tree!

Holiday Party!

Ya'll have your own version of PC. Those are just off the top of my head.

Ya really need to stop thinking of yourself as 'anti PC". It's just more conservative cognitive dissonance.

Old 06-02-2018, 11:42 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,428,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
It's strange. I'm a white male.

I've never been called any of the things you claim white males are sick of being called.

One must wonder why that is.
Actually! I wonder that myself. These so-called non-racists that are being called racists should dig deeper into their own personal issues of why they are being called out. You have a great point!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies