Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2022, 08:13 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,608,522 times

Advertisements

I get it that people are upset with the recent school shootings, but if you are suggesting getting tougher on guns, that is going to lead to MUCH MUCH more violence and death, so Im wondering what these anti gun folks are really wanting to happen?

Would you be satisfied if such laws were passed and 1000s of police officers were killed in gun battles with civilians? That is what will happen if new gun laws are created. people are not going to give up their guns without taking a few people with them, and its their Constitutional right to do so...

Good luck arresting someone who was defending their right to own guns, very few people would tolerate that, and then more deaths, more fighting would ensue.

Old 05-27-2022, 08:17 AM

17,308 posts, read 12,260,346 times
Did that happen with the Assault Weapons Ban of '94? Deaths did increase markedly after it was allowed to expire...

Old 05-27-2022, 08:31 AM

21,148 posts, read 19,729,843 times
I don't think we need to crack down on "guns". We need to crack down on first time gun buyers, especially 18 year old men. Training, licensing, mental exam, restrictions on size of gun, sponsorship, etc. should all be considered.

Old 05-27-2022, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I don't think we need to crack down on "guns". We need to crack down on first time gun buyers, especially 18 year old men. Training, licensing, mental exam, restrictions on size of gun, sponsorship, etc. should all be considered.
Too late for that, 100s of 1000s of guns floating around out there, being privately bought and sold for years. Besides, the people that are willing to pull off mass shootings are not the type to comply with all the gun laws, if they want a gun, they will find one somehow, and chances are, they will not buy one legally.

Only the law abiding obeys the laws.

Old 05-27-2022, 08:40 AM

17,308 posts, read 12,260,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Too late for that, 100s of 1000s of guns floating around out there, being privately bought and sold for years. Besides, the people that are willing to pull off mass shootings are not the type to comply with all the gun laws, if they want a gun, they will find one somehow, and chances are, they will not buy one legally.

Only the law abiding obeys the laws.
This shooter waited until the very day it was legal for him to buy the rifle...

Old 05-27-2022, 08:41 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,187,608 times
Quote:
I get it that people are upset with the recent school shootings, but if you are suggesting getting tougher on guns, that is going to lead to MUCH MUCH more violence and death, so Im wondering what these anti gun folks are really wanting to happen?

Would you be satisfied if such laws were passed and 1000s of police officers were killed in gun battles with civilians? That is what will happen if new gun laws are created. people are not going to give up their guns without taking a few people with them, and its their Constitutional right to do so...

Good luck arresting someone who was defending their right to own guns, very few people would tolerate that, and then more deaths, more fighting would ensue.
Although I find your opinion repugnant, I thank you for being honest. Some Americans (I'm assuming you are) are fine with these mass shootings and feel it is their right to commit them. Don't worry, Republicans are currently and will always block any changes as the US devolves further into what your MAGA God would call a s-hole country. Good grief.

Old 05-27-2022, 08:41 AM

2,726 posts, read 6,116,077 times
Quote:

Are you really suggesting you will take the lives of innocent people and officers of the law if stricter gun laws are passed?

We need nation red flag laws in place just for people like you.

Old 05-27-2022, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Although I find your opinion repugnant, I thank you for being honest. Some Americans (I'm assuming you are) are fine with these mass shootings and feel it is their right to commit them. Don't worry, Republicans are currently and will always block any changes as the US devolves further into what your MAGA God would call a s-hole country. Good grief.
I dont like these mass shootings at all...but I realize there is nothing that can be done to stop them. Its impossible to regulate behavior.

Besides that, how many kids have been killed in car crashes? We are totally fine with that, (because in our opinion, the benefits outweigh the negatives), so all the deaths are expendable, no one calling to get tougher on cars.

I lost 2 good friends to a drunk driver recently, but Im told that tougher laws on alcohol do not work...so their lives are just expendable I guess. I was the ONLY person to ask investigators where the drunk driver obtained his booze that night. LOL

Old 05-27-2022, 08:45 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,584,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Did that happen with the Assault Weapons Ban of '94? Deaths did increase markedly after it was allowed to expire...
That POS law was nothing but window dressing. All it did was drive up the price.
All that was banned were cosmetic things that had nothing to do with the actual weapon. Banning a pistol grip or bayonet lug don't ban the gun, it just changes how it looks.

Just another pointless "feel good" law that was designed to do nothing, and succeeded.

Old 05-27-2022, 08:47 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,187,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
Are you really suggesting you will take the lives of innocent people and officers of the law if stricter gun laws are passed?

We need nation red flag laws in place just for people like you.
Right. This is a good example of someone that should not own a firearm. I'm hoping he is at least on a DHS or FBI watchlist. Shiver.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies