Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2018, 11:28 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,089,994 times

Advertisements

When Mueller is finished, we can assume he will probably release a 500+ page, maybe even 1,000+ page report of his findings.

It's safe to assume that, Mueller does believe there was wrongdoing, he will provide proof. Lots of proof. Phone records, financial documents, e-mails, hand written notes, text messages, bank transfers, witness testimony, phone tapped conversations, etc.

When the Mueller report comes out, IF it proves in great detail and with a lot of supporting evidence, that members of Trump's campaign, family, or possibly Trump himself, did accept bribes from, were blackmailed by, or engaged in "pay to play" with the Russians, Chinese, or UAE, do you think Trump supporters would accept it?

I assume if Meuller's report crushes Trump, Donald will immediately take his tweets to DEFCON 1 and berate Mueller and the investigation on a level we haven't yet seen. I could also see it triggering a Saturday Night Massacre scenario where Trump fires Rosenstein and appoints somebody who will fire Mueller. Will Trump supporters get behind 45 and echo his insults and accusations of Mueller and the"Deep State?"

Ultimately, I guess my main yes or no question is this: If Mueller proves, beyond a reasonable doubt and with a ton of evidence, that Trump was compromised in any way, would ANY of his supporters break off from him?

Old 05-20-2018, 11:30 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,619,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
When Mueller is finished, we can assume he will probably release a 500+ page, maybe even 1,000+ page report of his findings.

It's safe to assume that, Mueller does believe there was wrongdoing, he will provide proof. Lots of proof. Phone records, financial documents, e-mails, hand written notes, text messages, bank transfers, witness testimony, phone tapped conversations, etc.

When the Mueller report comes out, IF it proves in great detail and with a lot of supporting evidence, that members of Trump's campaign, family, or possibly Trump himself, did accept bribes from, were blackmailed by, or engaged in "pay to play" with the Russians, Chinese, or UAE, do you think Trump supporters would accept it?

I assume if Meuller's report crushes Trump, Donald will immediately take his tweets to DEFCON 1 and berate Mueller and the investigation on a level we haven't yet seen. I could also see it triggering a Saturday Night Massacre scenario where Trump fires Rosenstein and appoints somebody who will fire Mueller. Will Trump supporters get behind 45 and echo his insults and accusations of Mueller and the"Deep State?"

Ultimately, I guess my main yes or no question is this: If Mueller proves, beyond a reasonable doubt and with a ton of evidence, that Trump was compromised in any way, would ANY of his supporters break off from him?
Of course they won't; they think he is the second coming 😒

Old 05-20-2018, 11:30 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:

Trump isn't under investigation.
Russia is.

Old 05-20-2018, 11:32 AM

26,580 posts, read 14,458,253 times
magic 8 ball:

"My reply is no."

Old 05-20-2018, 11:37 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,480,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Trump isn't under investigation.
Russia is.
Trump and his cronies, including the Russians ARE under investigation. Open your eyes.

Old 05-20-2018, 11:45 AM

13,966 posts, read 5,632,409 times
If Mueller has proof of wrongdoing, as in broken laws aplenty, I'd expect indictments and impeachment, not just some grandiose document release party. If he has enough to indict/impeach, then let the DoJ/House/Senate proceed accordingly.

Remember, if we are talking proof of a crime being committed, then that's what prosecutions are for, correct?

For example - mountains of proof that someone violates virtually every law regarding handling/storage/dissemination of classified material. You'd think that with mountains of proof, there'd be indictments and prosecutions, but apparently "I didn't mean to" and "I don't recall" are proper defense and eliminate all that proof entirely.

Certainly worked for Hillary Clinton, so I'd imagine the same doe-eyed claims of innocence and ignorance should suffice for Trump.

Over a year later, it will be interesting to see if Mueller finally found a crime somewhere, since he long ago stopped looking for evidence of one particular thing, and has spent the vast majority of his time looking for any evidence of anything he can pin to Trump.

Old 05-20-2018, 11:48 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,337,216 times
Quote:

Don't be silly. If Trump actively colluded with Russia or Putin to win the 2016 election I'll be the first to call for his impeachment.

However, if all Mueller comes up with is a lame process crime like obstruction of justice that occurred during Mueller's investigation then no, I won't support it.

BTW, with all the intense and strategic leaking going on we would've heard about collusion by now.

Old 05-20-2018, 11:50 AM

26,512 posts, read 15,092,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Over a year later, it will be interesting to see if Mueller finally found a crime somewhere, since he long ago stopped looking for evidence of one particular thing, and has spent the vast majority of his time looking for any evidence of anything he can pin to Trump.
That is why I think they will eventually get Trump.

This isn't about Russian collusion. This is about removing Trump, he isn't squeaky clean. Will Mueller find something from the 1980s?

Old 05-20-2018, 11:50 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,464,101 times
Quote:

It's a rhetorical question.

Personally I doubt that many believe it. Most of them are building a narrative wherein they can convince themselves that it is all a set up. They are mentally preparing to deny the facts.

Old 05-20-2018, 11:53 AM

8,386 posts, read 4,372,592 times
Trump has been exposed as lying, thieving, womanizer with out morals on a daily basis. His followers accept it all with joy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies