Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2018, 06:01 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
This is what I believe. As a Conservative and Catholic and amateur philosopher, I believe that God (if he exists and I think yes), must love his entire creation and that would include those that are gay as well as non believers...after all, it's what He created.
Gay is a term for those who have sex with the same sex. God hates that act and calls it an abomination.

Fact is every person was created by God Then man sinned and separated himself from God. God made a way to reconcile man and woman through Jesus . A perfect man who was sacrificed for all imperfect humans. God sent his son to tell the sinners to turn from sin and come to the Father . Many love their sin more than God. God loves all his creation. Satan came to earth to tempt man to sin. Those that follow Satan will be destroyed . Those who follow God will be God's sons and daughters.

Men and women who leave there natural God given place and turn to unnatural sex has sinned greatly against their own Holy Temple , their God given body and follow a lust spirit.

God wished all to repent. Many do not. Many glorify sin and accept it. Love is also used to destroy Gods creation when it is accepting that which will destroy man and woman.

There are many levels of love . A flesh love that is unnatural is not love. Many are attracted to forbidden fruit which they know is unnatural. Satan works overtime to destroy God's creation . God comes to seek and save. Satan comes to kill, steal and destroy. Accepting sin is sin also. But God has redeemed us if we follow Jesus and his word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2018, 07:24 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,928,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Gay is a term for those who have sex with the same sex. God hates that act and calls it an abomination.

Fact is every person was created by God Then man sinned and separated himself from God. God made a way to reconcile man and woman through Jesus . A perfect man who was sacrificed for all imperfect humans. God sent his son to tell the sinners to turn from sin and come to the Father . Many love their sin more than God. God loves all his creation. Satan came to earth to tempt man to sin. Those that follow Satan will be destroyed . Those who follow God will be God's sons and daughters.

Men and women who leave there natural God given place and turn to unnatural sex has sinned greatly against their own Holy Temple , their God given body and follow a lust spirit.

God wished all to repent. Many do not. Many glorify sin and accept it. Love is also used to destroy Gods creation when it is accepting that which will destroy man and woman.

There are many levels of love . A flesh love that is unnatural is not love. Many are attracted to forbidden fruit which they know is unnatural. Satan works overtime to destroy God's creation . God comes to seek and save. Satan comes to kill, steal and destroy. Accepting sin is sin also. But God has redeemed us if we follow Jesus and his word.
Quote:
Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying, Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
— Matthew 22:35-40

Old 05-23-2018, 07:39 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,902,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I'll buy that. Growing up Catholic, I was never taught to take everything in the Bible literally but I was taught to respect other people regardless of who they are, color of their skin and their personal religious beliefs, but that's just me and what I got out of growing up and going to Catholic school.
I grew up Catholic as well and don't follow the teachings. What I don't get is those that are still practicing Catholics why do they try to justify their beliefs to these Whacko bigoted Evangelicals. Truly Their moral code is inferior and they back up their bigotry with the bible.

Old 05-23-2018, 07:53 PM

17,346 posts, read 11,289,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
I grew up Catholic as well and don't follow the teachings. What I don't get is those that are still practicing Catholics why do they try to justify their beliefs to these Whacko bigoted Evangelicals. Truly Their moral code is inferior and they back up their bigotry with the bible.
I don't know. All the Catholics I've known throughout my life have had a live and let live philosophy towards others including gays, and were not Bible thumpers quoting scriptures endlessly to try and prove a point. I've personally never known anyone Catholic who uses the Bible as a weapon and quotes the Bible to make someone else feel inferior or unloved.

The thing that irks me is that constant annoying proclamation by some or most Evangelicals that if you don't follow their church, you're not a Christian. I was even told once that Mother Teresa was going to hell because she wasn't "born again". That was enough for me.
These are my own personal experiences. It doesn't mean others may or may not have had different ones.

Last edited by marino760; 05-23-2018 at 09:21 PM..

Old 05-23-2018, 08:51 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,179,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
No human on this Earth is an authority on spiritual matters. ?We are all just guessing and hoping. Anyone who says they know the answer is overly confident at best.
Agree with the bold. The Pope claims to be such an authority though and with that I disagree.

Old 05-25-2018, 02:30 AM

5,792 posts, read 5,111,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
You nothing about Jesus. You present a feigned love to consume it on your own lusts.
Give me a break. Yawn.

Old 05-25-2018, 03:06 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,591,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
The pope is a proven heretic.
I'm just guessing here, but based on your posting history, you probably consider Catholicism itself to be heresy.

Old 05-25-2018, 03:22 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,542,455 times
God might love him but he’s still going to hell for being gay.

Old 05-25-2018, 04:55 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,530,629 times
My uncle who, in my opinion was a great man, told me as he was dying, “I’m pretty damned sure I’m goin to hell but, I know I will be seeing you again. I’ll try to save you a space next to me”. Not sure if he thought I was heading there for being gay or, for just my general evil deeds but I remember thinking, “if god would send him there, I would be honored to follow him”. I know many people believe the Bible is god’s word. Glad I’ve never been one of them. Live by the golden rule and enjoy life, it’s way to short to be worrying about eternal damnation.

Old 05-25-2018, 07:52 AM

12,390 posts, read 8,159,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
God might love him but he’s still going to hell for being gay.
No, it would be for having sex outside of what the Catholic Church considers marriage. Since it seems everybody has given up on or "forgot " about not dressing like what the prevailing culture thinks is assigned to the opposite gender scripture. For the life of me I can't figure out what the controversy, or the greatness depending upon which side you are on, about the latest statement from the reigning Pope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies