Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 11:30 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,551,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Well they actually didn't get paid from what I understand. I think they each got a $1.00, but the big money is going directly to a program to help kids with their career goals, or something to that effect.

The issue here was never that these two guys were denied the bathroom or that they wouldn't buy anything. What happened was one or both of them started being rude to the Starbucks employee, to the point where she asked them to leave the store. They refused and law enforcement was called. Law enforcement policies and procedures require that they go out on that call. When they arrived, the two men still refused to leave the business when asked by law enforcement.

Meanwhile, the bleeding heart Starbucks top execs went into complete and utter meltdown mode, that it somehow was company fault.
That $1.00 was from the city. Boer is right, they got an undisclosed settlement from Starbucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2018, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boer View Post
You cant prove that argument, its soley based on suspicion. I have worked in law enforcement and 80% of the people i kicked out of starbucks were white skateboarders. What evidence do you have that starbucks targets black people besides a few youtube videos? Have you ever worked in security or law enforcement?
Are you saying that the white people that the article/link below states can be heard in the background are lying?

If so, what would be their reason for lying?

https://heavy.com/news/2018/04/holly...bucks-manager/

Old 06-01-2018, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
When the manager asked them to leave they refused repeatedly. At that point they were TRESPASSING. That IS a crime. That is why she called the cops. She told the cops they were rude, profane, and causing a disturbance. That is Disorderly Conduct. Another CRIME. Listen to the police tapes.
Was Rosa Parks violating a statute when she was the only black person who stayed in the middle of the bus and didn't move to the back?

Yep.

But was Rosa Parks wrong?

Of course not.

High ranking Philadelphia officials aren't dumb.

They likely realized they MIGHT have a Title II violation on their hands (Title II of the Civil Rights Act), and even if they didn't, likely realized that the publicity would proverbially kill them.

Additionally, the DA refused to continue re a lack of evidence.

Old 06-01-2018, 06:58 AM

1,031 posts, read 639,856 times
Being rude or aggressive is definitely grounds for ejection and although i would never call 911 for this kind of thing i support the manager...i believe lots of people are accessed and denied to the bathroom depending on how they look and present themselves not via race. I think all the white social justice warriors that made this a big deal were most likely unaware but possibly lying (in referance to the rudeness)...if i had to guess i bet 90% ignorance 10% dishonesty

If jonny Cochran or neil degrass tyson asked to use the toilet in a kind and professional manner they would be most likely given the key...if trevor from gta 5 or jessy pinkman from breaking bad asked they would be denied.

I have over 20 years of cafe/bar security/law enforcement experience...this is SOP of ANY bar or cafe...its not your race or what you ask is your apperance and HOW you ask. These men did not look professional and were rude and accusatory when denied, not black just jerks emboldened by the social justice warrior agenda culture infecting our country. I grew up internationally, try that crap in africa or the carribean and you will spend a few weeks in the local jail.

Showing disrespect to people and especially the police has become the normal reaction to these kinds of things and with things like the drug war I completely understand why Americans have lost respect for law enforcement and civil obedience it's an unfortunate scenario we're all going to have to live with until our laws are reflective of people being protected from other people not people being protected from themselves. Laws like civil asset forfeiture are a great example of this country's social and moral decline the police should never ever ever have an incentive to arrest people above and beyond Public Safety but that is the world we are living in.

Last edited by Boer; 06-01-2018 at 07:26 AM..

Old 06-03-2018, 02:37 PM

1,031 posts, read 639,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Was Rosa Parks violating a statute when she was the only black person who stayed in the middle of the bus and didn't move to the back?

Yep.

But was Rosa Parks wrong?

Of course not.

High ranking Philadelphia officials aren't dumb.

They likely realized they MIGHT have a Title II violation on their hands (Title II of the Civil Rights Act), and even if they didn't, likely realized that the publicity would proverbially kill them.

Additionally, the DA refused to continue re a lack of evidence.
I believe the DA did not have the ability to prosecute do to Starbucks not pressing charges. Rosa Parks was a victim of institutionalized racism. She took a heroic stand in spite of a law written to specifically Target black people by the state. These men were disobeying the policy of a privately owned business. there's a big difference between institutionalized racism and a couple of guys who disregard a private businesses policy that is written without regard to race and then subsequently refusing to comply with the instructions of police officers.

Rosa Parks is a civil rights hero who changed the nation with her brave stance against institutionalized racism. These men we're just a couple of emboldened petulant citizens who decided they were going to not comply with private business policy and the law officers instructions and got paid big dollars for it. I wonder if they knew today's politically correct society would Shield them with charges of racism against an "evil" white person?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies