Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2018, 09:05 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 3 days ago)

27,180 posts, read 13,469,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
1000 people.... pft!!

Try 35,000+ people by the time it was over(see photo)

The media is down playing it to the ignorant, like it wasn't nothing... Wrong! 20,000+ people invaded Trafalgar Square at the beginning and marched the streets to get there.
Except the photo is of Liverpool Football fans at St George's Hall in Liverpool celebrating their team winning the 2005 European Championship and has nothing to do with Tommy Robinson.

Far right tried to use image of LFC fans to show Tommy Robinson support - but no-one was having it - Liverpool Echo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2018, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The Shot Heard Around the World.

People are fed up with the control of the Police State that has overtaken the world.

It's Happening
The real reason Robinson was arrested was that he prejudiced a trial and had been wearned numerous times before, at Canterbury where he was given a suspended sentence, at Wollwich where he was investigated for contempt and at Huddersfield and Oxford.

In the end if you keep ignoring police and Crown Court judges instructions then don't be surprised if you are hauled before the courts.

Robinson pleaded guilty, and will no doubt be released early, as he has in the past.

Debunking the myths around the Tommy Robinson contempt of court - inews

Old 06-10-2018, 09:21 AM

Tommy Robinson is not even allowed in the US, due to the nature of his criminal record.

2003 - Robinson (Yaxley-Lennon) received a 12-month prison sentence for a drunken assault on an off-duty police officer. This was after 9/11 and new security checks meant he lost his job at Luton Airport where he was training to be an aircraft engineer.

2011 - Robinson received a 12-month community rehabilitation order with 150 hours' unpaid work and a three-year ban from attending football matches for football violence. Robinson was arrested again for breach of bail conditions

2011 - Robinson was convicted of a common assault after headbutting a man. He was sentences to 12 weeks' imprisonment, suspended for 12 months

2012 -Robinson was arrested and held on the charge of having entered the United States illegally on a false passport. Robinson managed to get back in to Britain having evaded US Authorities, however he was given a 10 month prison sentence on his return but released early with an electronic tag fitted.

2014 -Robinson pleaded guilty to his part in a £160,000 mortgage fraud and was sentenced to 18 months in prison. Robinson was returned to jail for breaching his bail conitions.

2017 - Robinson was convicted of contempt of court for using a camera inside Canterbury Crown Court and received a sentence of 3 mnoths in prison suspended for 18 months.

Despite the suspended sentence Robinson continued to go to Courts, live stream downloads and confront and live stream defendents as they went in to Court at Oxford Crown Court, Woolwich (High Security) Court Court (where he was once again warned and there were media articles regarding the alleged contempt), as well as Kirklees Magistrates Court in Huddersfield.

2018 - Robinson is arrested outside Leeds Crown Court after once again live streaming and confronting defendents and is sentenced to 10 moths in prison, with the 3 months suspended sentence making 13 moths in all.

Old 06-10-2018, 09:21 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
The real reason Robinson was arrested was that he prejudiced a trial and had been wearned numerous times before, at Canterbury where he was given a suspended sentence, at Wollwich where he was investigated for contempt and at Huddersfield and Oxford.

In the end if you keep ignoring police and Crown Court judges instructions then don't be surprised if you are hauled before the courts.

Robinson pleaded guilty, and will no doubt be released early, as he has in the past.

BNW, you must have the patience of a saint. You are wasting bandwidth arguing with someone whose bow is permanently bent. Give it up. He simply regurgitates his favourite nonsense regardless if he's always proven wrong.

It's like arguing with a chihuahua bent on picking a fight with your slipper.

Old 06-10-2018, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
BNW, you must have the patience of a saint. You are wasting bandwidth arguing with someone whose bow is permanently bent. Give it up. He simply regurgitates his favourite nonsense regardless if he's always proven wrong.

It's like arguing with a chihuahua bent on picking a fight with your slipper.

Sometimes I do question why I bother, although he does amuse me sometimes.

The supposed picture of Tommy Robinson supporters in Trafalgar Square, when in reality it was Liverpool fans celebrating their 2005 Victory in Europe being one such occasion.

You can tell he's a Trump supporter.

I think I might let him get back to fighting that slipper, as you are right this is a pointless exercise.

Old 06-10-2018, 04:34 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times
Quote:

The supposed picture of Tommy Robinson supporters in Trafalgar Square, when in reality it was Liverpool fans celebrating their 2005 Victory in Europe being one such occasion.

I think I might let him get back to fighting that slipper, as you are right this is a pointless exercise.
The pearls you are casting may be trampled by your intended target, but some of the rest of us rather enjoy scooping them up. I enjoy hearing what's actually going on over there from someone who is actually...well...over there.

Old 06-10-2018, 04:45 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,029,712 times
Good grief another ridiculously dumb thread about the UK, thank god for BNW and his/her fabulous posts, are people really stupid enough to believe some of this far right sh*t? This fella is not in jail for his beliefs, he is in jail because he broke the law! Simples. Any far right Neo Nazi racist is allowed to march down the street with racist placards if they want, just as any fundamentalist Burkha wearing Muslim is allowed to march down the street with their own homophobic placards if they want, its a free country and you can 'believe' what you like - AS LONG AS YOU DON'T BREAK THE LAW, THE LAW IS THERE TO PROTECT THE VAST MAJORITY OF PEOPLE WHO ARE REASONABLE, MODERATELY THINKING PEOPLE LIVING THEIR PEACEFUL LIVES.

Old 06-10-2018, 06:40 PM

5,955 posts, read 2,880,867 times
Quote:

Brave New World,15 posts in this article and your in 5 of then defending the Crown imprisoning its SUBJECTS for seaming political reasons..

Old 06-10-2018, 06:49 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
A thousand people turn out for a march, there are nearly 9 million people in London alone and around 65 million in the UK.

It was hardly a massive event, nor were the other marches such as the one in Leeds which involved a few hundred people.

As for Tommy Robinson -

There were 20000 protestors. There are plenty of live feeds, even though your media didn't bother to report it other than the four arrests out of 20000.

Your country is still infested with Pakistani Muslim pedophile rape gangs enabled by town council and police departments more concerned about "Islamaphobia" than actually dealing with the Pakistani rape gang problem (which account for 85%+ such gangs in the country). Nope. Your police forces instead like to send out warnings to the populace to "not be mean to islam online."

Meanwhile, while they jail Tommy Robinson, this kind of bull**** is going on:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8042196.html

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...is-family.html

But you know, as they say in England, "Ishallah it will get better," right? What a bunch of absolute muppets and appeasers.

Old 06-10-2018, 06:51 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
Brave New World,15 posts in this article and your in 5 of then defending the Crown imprisoning its SUBJECTS for seaming political reasons..
And you're another who apparently cannot read and is incapable of assimilating facts.

Robinsons not in jail for his "seaming"??? political reasons. He's in jail for violating the terms of his suspended sentence. You go to jail in America if you violate your probation orders.

People from a country with "prisons for profit" and the highest incarceration rate of the free world castigating the U.K. over this is tantamount to the skunk complaining about the smell of garlic in the dumpster behind an Olive Garden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies