Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2018, 10:44 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
The day she left the hospital it was announced she was returning to the White House. I read somewhere she was at her parents house in suburban Maryland. Could never find the article again. It vanished.
rumors -- and they are just that -- say that she's been staying with her parents even before the surgical procedure.

This administration is so paranoid that they couldn't even imagine that some of the 'Where's Melania" stuff was normal reaction to someone going in for a medical procedure and then not being seen for days.

It was going to raise eye brows.

It shows the inexperience of this administration. They should have been prepared to give an official update to keep people informed.

Not everyone who raised the issue did so to attack her....they were wondering, concerned, curious.

Normal reaction.

Old 05-31-2018, 10:47 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
rumors -- and they are just that -- say that she's been staying with her parents even before the surgical procedure.

This administration is so paranoid that they couldn't even imagine that some of the 'Where's Melania" stuff was normal reaction to someone going in for a medical procedure and then not being seen for days.

It was going to raise eye brows.

It shows the inexperience of this administration. They should have been prepared to give an official update to keep people informed.

Not everyone who raised the issue did so to attack her....they were wondering, concerned, curious.

Normal reaction.
Her snarky tweet shows that she has no real understanding of what it means to be First Lady. Of course the country wanted to know where she was and if she was okay, but she acted as if it was a huge imposition to give an update.

You are right about this administration. Amateur hour all the way.

Old 05-31-2018, 10:48 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
I knew immediately she didn't write that.

that tweet is 100% the cheeto.

Old 05-31-2018, 10:56 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,288,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Read my status. I'm not a Republican or a Democrat, for similar reasons. Aside from the fact that Rs and Ds are nothing but two sides of the statist coin, both sides have become so blindly partisan that they resort to namecalling in lieu of discussion.

That being said, the left's hypocrisy in calling themselves the party of tolerance while being the least tolerant is over the top. I could write pages about the intolerance displayed by the left while they continue to decry the intolerance shown by the right, but what's the point? You'll defend people like the obscenely intolerant biddies who host The View while continuing to call out someone on the right, anyone on the right, for their own brand of intolerance. Yes, conservatives can be ***holes as well, but for the most part they're honestly ***holes. They don't try to defend their boorishness by playing a verbal shell game of "Yeah, but look at what that guy said, it justifies what I said."
Steaming pile of bull feces. Trump’s fans do that almost exclusively when called on their behavior.

My original reply to you stands.

Old 05-31-2018, 10:57 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
"Despite her focus on children's issues, she is not currently expected to attend a Sports and Fitness Day at the White House Wednesday that will seek to highlight the importance of youth sports participation."

No word on when her next appearance at a public event is scheduled.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/lady...ry?id=55532056

Old 05-31-2018, 11:00 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Quote:
Read my status. I'm not a Republican or a Democrat, for similar reasons. Aside from the fact that Rs and Ds are nothing but two sides of the statist coin, both sides have become so blindly partisan that they resort to namecalling in lieu of discussion.

That being said, the left's hypocrisy in calling themselves the party of tolerance while being the least tolerant is over the top. I could write pages about the intolerance displayed by the left while they continue to decry the intolerance shown by the right, but what's the point? You'll defend people like the obscenely intolerant biddies who host The View while continuing to call out someone on the right, anyone on the right, for their own brand of intolerance. Yes, conservatives can be ***holes as well, but for the most part they're honestly ***holes. They don't try to defend their boorishness by playing a verbal shell game of "Yeah, but look at what that guy said, it justifies what I said."
Quote:
Some of the comments in this thread serve as a prime example of why I could never be a leftist. Y'all sound like a bunch of old ladies sharing gossip at a small town coffee shop, but you forgot to pretend that the gossip is based on actual concern. Instead, it's just hatred and snarkiness.

oooh my! lots of name calling there

Old 05-31-2018, 11:03 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,353,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Melania Trump takes swipe at media for 'speculating' over her absence from public eye | Fox News

Phrases used constantly by Trump:
working overtime
Rest assured

And up until now phrases she hasn't really used much.

2 guesses on who wrote this?
Here is the scenario. Trump has her phone, and she has left for good.

Old 05-31-2018, 11:04 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Until today, Melania has not been seen in public for about 3 weeks.

Sounds like recovery from plastic surgery to me. Injectibles can only do so much.

More power to her.
Ever since she spent a week in the hospital for that "kidney ailment", she's been out of sight.

She's still kinda young. Has she escaped?

Maybe a connection to that WH sinkhole.

Old 05-31-2018, 11:04 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
^Melania is all of this, for sure.

Still, though, I don’t want her locked in Trump’s closet hiding under his huge, smelly clothes. If she needs rescue, I sure hope she gets it.
She's already allowed the repulsive orange *****-grabber to crawl on top of her so what's the difference?

Old 05-31-2018, 11:07 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,288,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
She's already allowed the repulsive orange *****-grabber to crawl on top of her so what's the difference?
Crawl? I’m sure it was more of a belly flop. But, yeah, you’re right. No difference!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies