Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2018, 06:52 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,514,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
That being said, part of me wonders how much outrage there was when there people in the anti-Obama camp making fun of his wife and daughters.
Or in the 90s when Limbaugh on his TV show held up a picture of Chelsea Clinton, who may have been 12 at the time, and referenced the "White House dog."

Old 05-31-2018, 06:56 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,564,642 times
Quote:
I admit there are some nasty people on the left going after Trump's family members. I don't like Trump, but I won't go after his family. My beef is with President Trump, and him alone.

With that said, there were plenty of people on the right who were making fun of former President Obama's daughters and wife. There were people making fun of Michelle Obama for the way she looks, and even saying that she was a man.

How about admit that we have alot of jerks on both sides.
Who made fun of their daughters? I never saw that. I did see the disgusting stuff about Michelle, but never the daughters.

Old 05-31-2018, 07:05 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,977,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Or in the 90s when Limbaugh on his TV show held up a picture of Chelsea Clinton, who may have been 12 at the time, and referenced the "White House dog."
And that was wrong. Listen, you either join it or condemn it. You can’t do both.

Old 05-31-2018, 07:07 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,039,039 times
They should tell Bee that they are giving her control of her own production company where she will have an unlimited budget and complete control of all content, then...nothing! bleahhh..."we changed our minds" that will humiliate her and she will be left just with her old show is all.

Old 05-31-2018, 07:33 PM

23,477 posts, read 12,496,511 times
Quote:
I admit there are some nasty people on the left going after Trump's family members. I don't like Trump, but I won't go after his family. My beef is with President Trump, and him alone.

With that said, there were plenty of people on the right who were making fun of former President Obama's daughters and wife. There were people making fun of Michelle Obama for the way she looks, and even saying that she was a man.

Not me, especially with kids who are not 18 and who are not involved in politics after they turn 18.
Plenty of people have been going after Trump's family, too. So yeah, plenty of jerks on both sides.

Quote:
mccain said far worse about her and he's now the lefts hero simply because he hates Trump. Please explain why that is.

Old 05-31-2018, 07:36 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,221,390 times
When Ted Nugent called Hillary a toxic c word, how many on the right were outraged? Hell, he got invited to the White House, lol.

The hypocrisy knows no ends.

Crude is crude. Disrespectful is disrespectful. It's not a matter of right v. left. It's right or wrong.

Old 05-31-2018, 07:45 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,723,072 times
Quote:

Yep. But I disagree with many on here when I say that people should be saying what they really feel. It's better to know exactly who people are by allowing them to spew their mouth garbage all over social media. If a company wants to pull out of advertising, or a company wants to canx a show because of it, that's their prerogative, but I'm getting really sick and tired of the pitchforks every single time someone says something.

Roseanne and Samantha both made themselves look like idiots this week...which, if anyone had been paying attention, should have already known they were both idiots...but the over hyped outrage is enough.

Don't like what they said? Stop following them, stop watching them, stop talking about them.

It seems pretty gross to me that this is what people in this country argue about: What someone said.

There are huge, horrible issues going on in this world that people prefer to ignore, but will waste time and energy being perpetually outraged at every single thing anyone says.

Old 05-31-2018, 07:52 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,514,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
mccain said far worse about her and he's now the lefts hero simply because he hates Trump. Please explain why that is.
I don't remember that. Not saying it didn't happen. I'd call him a hero for his service in the Armed Forces more than standing up to a toxic politician.

Old 05-31-2018, 08:04 PM

15,523 posts, read 10,491,591 times
Quote:
Or, in the 90's when our great war hero mcain said "Do you know why Chelsea Clinton is so ugly? Because Janet Reno is her father." classless.

Old 05-31-2018, 08:08 PM

2,981 posts, read 1,746,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Who made fun of their daughters? I never saw that. I did see the disgusting stuff about Michelle, but never the daughters.
Nobody made nasty remarks about the Obama girls, this is just a lie to justify horrible behavior by horrible people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies