Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 12:18 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times

Advertisements

If the Starbucks guys complied with police...they wouldn't have been made famous by the media and wouldn't be SJW heroes.

Common would of never gotten that job teaching 'racial bias' to Starbucks baristas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2018, 12:25 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boer View Post
https://youtu.be/Th5z27ALj0I

What a great example of a black person who respects the law and society calmly cooperating with the police in dealing with an aggressive white woman who should (as everyone should) never confront the person your reporting to the police. Even though he assumed she was a raciest (white people get hassled when opening a vacant house) i have been in the exact same situation and did not have my paperwork... I was detained in custody untill my family brought it to the scene.
one of the officers was a Black woman.

empathy goes a long way.

I wonder if this situation would have went different if the cop was a white woman. I say this because one time in Chicago my mom was pulled over for following a traffic pattern in a construction zone and she was pulled over. Apparently the traffic wasn't going around the cones correctly. While explaining this to a cop another squad car rolls up and the woman officer immediately escalates the situation and handcuffed my mom in front of her grandkids.

...and my mom was in graduate school at U of Chicago at the time so this wasn't a case if ignorance.

Old 06-04-2018, 12:40 PM

1,031 posts, read 639,031 times
My point is your BEHAVIOUR not your race is the determining factor as to how you are treated by the police (this vid is a perfect example)

To all you who assume cops are racist i have a question...are black cops racist?

Also the starbucks boys were NOT cooperating with the police. Thats why they wound up in handcuffs!

I have worked in public safety in several districts and my judo instructor was a black police officer for over 25 years, he spoke often about racial issues.

If you belive the police automatically believe the white person in most encounters than you clearly have no experience in publc safety.

Police believe themselves...not white people because they are professionals who react to situations based on their personal first hand experience and the behavior and conditions that they witness at the scene...recognizing EVIDENCE is what they do. Do you have any idea what kind of a hastle an incident report is...police NEVER want to escalate situations. They want one thing above all else its called
"voluntary compliance"

Suggesting that the police are racist is inciting...thats a type of endangerment.

People who engage in this activity inflame black peoples fear and resentment of the police and make them more likely to flee, fight or be disrespectful to authorities and that can gets people hurt.

Old 06-04-2018, 12:49 PM

19,637 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
one of the officers was a Black woman.

empathy goes a long way.

I wonder if this situation would have went different if the cop was a white woman. I say this because one time in Chicago my mom was pulled over for following a traffic pattern in a construction zone and she was pulled over. Apparently the traffic wasn't going around the cones correctly. While explaining this to a cop another squad car rolls up and the woman officer immediately escalates the situation and handcuffed my mom in front of her grandkids.

...and my mom was in graduate school at U of Chicago at the time so this wasn't a case if ignorance.
You seem to have left some information out of your story.

Old 06-04-2018, 12:52 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,115,507 times
Quote:
My point is your BEHAVIOUR not your race is the determining factor as to how you are treated by the police (this vid is a perfect example)

To all you who assume cops are racist i have a question...are black cops racist?

Also the starbucks boys were NOT cooperating with the police. Thats why they wound up in handcuffs!

I have worked in public safety in several districts and my judo instructor was a black police officer for over 25 years, he spoke often about racial issues.

If you belive the police automatically believe the white person in most encounters than you clearly have no experience in publc safety.

Police believe themselves...not white people because they are professionals who react to situations based on their personal first hand experience and the behavior and conditions that they witness at the scene...recognizing EVIDENCE is what they do. Do you have any idea what kind of a hastle an incident report is...police NEVER want to escalate situations. They want one thing above all else its called
"voluntary compliance"

Suggesting that the police are racist is inciting...thats a type of endangerment.

People who engage in this activity inflame black peoples fear and resentment of the police and make them more likely to flee, fight or be disrespectful to authorities and that can gets people hurt.
Not just race either. There’s cops who are simply power hungry. A gun a badge and a power trip are bad combinations.
Cops are just humans in uniform. And humans can act out. Deapite what their job description expects of them..

Old 06-04-2018, 02:46 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Quote:

"voluntary compliance"

Note, on the bold, I am black and I do believe that black people can be racist against other black people. They see them as inferior. It is very common of black people to do this and I do believe it is prevalent in police departments.

During my normal life, I have had more issues with black cops making biased assumptions of me and my spouse and other family members, than I have had from white cops. The white cops have actually been more professional. I honestly believe it is because they (the white cops) know that they can be accused of racism or racial bias moreso than a black cop will.

I'll note though that I don't believe that "police" in general are racist. Some people who are cops of all backgrounds though actually are racist and/or hold biases against people based on their ethnicity.

On behavior, as noted, most of the black people who have been on videos have not responded to cops in a negative way. Hell, you make me think of the guy in Florida a couple years ago who was laying in the street, unarmed, trying to keep the police from shooting a disabled Latino kid and he was shot even though he was being very professional, but he still got shot by police. Luckily he survived.

Old 06-04-2018, 02:59 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
No wonder the house is vacant. Who would want to live next to that -itch?
Absolutely, I sure wouldn't to live next to all that hate.

Old 06-04-2018, 03:22 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,624,170 times
crazy old white woman bet she is a Trump supporter!

Old 06-04-2018, 04:02 PM

2,260 posts, read 1,137,942 times
Quote:
"voluntary compliance"

No one has to suggest that there are racist police out there, the thousands of videos speak for themselves.
You obviously have not worked in the hostile public sectors where police are corrupt and cooking up numbers.
Maybe you didn’t see the story of the mentally handicapped man that worked in the grocery store that was arrested over 200 times, pulled out of the store while he was working? He didn’t commit any crimes. You think those cops didn’t want to do paperwork?
There’s hundreds of videos out there of black people not doing anything wrong or acting volatile towards police but still get arrested anyway, and the police escalate the situation just to warrant an arrest. They are then released either with no reason for the arrest or the charges are eventually dropped. And the cops face no consequences.

The only time police don’t want to do paperwork is when they are asked to take a complaint. Then certain towns try to intimidate you to scare you off.

All the videos are out there, you just have to actually research them.

Old 06-04-2018, 04:03 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,581,118 times
Default Right to go to jail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
AFAIK the two gentlemen at the center of the Starbucks incident did cooperate with the police. The refused to leave, which was their right.

In the situation for this thread, Police just did their job. The neighbor was a wacko.
No one has the RIGHT to remain in someone else's home or business if they ask you to leave regardless of what color you are. If you refuse to do so, the person on behalf of the home/business has to call the police to get you out since the person can't legally go vigilante on your behind. When the police are called and they arrive and ask you to leave, that is what you SHOULD do. There is nothing wrong with you waiting outside for whoever or whatever to arrive. It's common sense. I don't know why so many of my people advocate being stupid around this issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies