Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 09:18 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
So in your mind, if a woman does not prefer to paraded around like livestock, she will be liberal? Conservative women like having women's bodies objectified?
That's not what I said.

Let's be honest... do you think a woman promoting conservatism on a network television contest will get anything but boos and raspberries from the crowd?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2018, 09:18 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
The world is becoming so vanilla and wussified. Glad I'll be gone when it finally becomes a real boring and dry place.

Old 06-05-2018, 09:19 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Well Melania posed nude so I guess the answer is yes.
Point well taken. Also, we all know how liberal Gretchen Carlson, who made this decision as chairwoman of the Miss America board of directors, is.

Old 06-05-2018, 09:20 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
Why isn’t there a Mr. USA ?

#equality

Old 06-05-2018, 09:21 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Miss USA contest didn't remove swimsuit competition, as the thread heading says.

Miss America contest removed swimsuit competition.

Miss USA and Miss America are two completely different pageant operations and they both run competitions on TV.

These links explain the difference.

https://www.al.com/entertainment/ind...s_america.html

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/miss...224313790.html
OK, thanks for clarifying that. Looks like the OP was having a senior moment.

Old 06-05-2018, 09:21 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,803 times
So, instead of judging on their looks they are going to judge them on what they believe? How they talk? What they think?

Hm, what's the difference? Judging for sport is still judging for sport. Like they'll feel any better if their personality wasn't GOOD enough vs their looks. lol

"To make you all feel better about your looks we are now going to judge you on your personality!! YAY!

Old 06-05-2018, 09:22 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
That's not what I said.

Let's be honest... do you think a woman promoting conservatism on a network television contest will get anything but boos and raspberries from the crowd?
How in the world did you manage to make this pageant decisive political?

Old 06-05-2018, 09:24 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
So I always thought Republicans would be the one cheering a change to make the contest more wholesome and the liberals had turn this world into a bunch of degeneracy. But here is a wholesome move that doesn’t objectify women and the same people that call the liberal party a party of degenerates are suddenly all against this move back to conservative morality. I guess this is why my favorite conservatives will always be evangelicals, as a Christian although I can disagree with them on issues I know they at least have set principles that they don’t turn their back on and are lead to their beliefs by what they though God would do.
I think you've seen an interesting shift. The advent of Ron Paul and Libertarianism shifted the GOP towards actual dictionary definition liberalism (AKA maximum freedom, minimum government meddling). While the Evangelicals are still around, they've lost most of their power over the GOP. Older Conservatives probably welcome the move, but younger more Libertarian folks will denounce any attempt to tell people what to do and how to live.

Meanwhile the Left has gone full-retard on their own morality crusade. Obama's presidency saw a shift in the Democratic Party away from Liberalism and towards Progressivism. Modern Progressivism has a lot of roots in Neo-Marxism. You don't have to look far to find elements of the Far Left telling the whole world what to do, what to say and how to think. Congratulations Democrats, you're the new Puritans.

Old 06-05-2018, 09:25 AM

1,874 posts, read 818,617 times
ashley graham is going to win every year now

Old 06-05-2018, 09:25 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I see no issue with this. What does it matter how a woman looks in a swimsuit? I think that sort of stuff is best reserved for the Hawaiian Tropic contests on the beach.

This is supposed to be a talent and scholarship contest, so why not focus on talent and scholarly pursuits?

They can say that all they want and even pretend to believe it but it was never about that. Being able to play the flute or vocalize a coherent thought has never been anything more than the tiebreaker between equally attractive young women.

And they can remake this contest into anything they want but I hope they aren't confused and mystified when ratings plummet and it fades away into irrelevance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies