Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2018, 12:27 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,374,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
That's not a right. You have a right to live your life unencumbered but you can't force your "beliefs" on others.
Exactly. So why do you justify a business owner forcing his or her beliefs on me, who simply needs a product or service and will pay for it? I don't give a darned about what he believes in, I just want my damn bread, milk, toothpaste, whatever.

Go look up the Supreme Court cases about Kazenbach vs. McClung and about public accommodations.

Last edited by silverkris; 06-14-2018 at 12:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2018, 12:29 AM

73,084 posts, read 62,717,333 times
I hope that lawmaker doesn't try to implement the policy that he is championing. He's up for re-election in 2018. I hope the people living in his district do the right thing and vote him out of office. People like him are dangerous for individuals like me. He might have apologized, but how do I know that it was for real and not just words?

For what it's worth, I've actually applied for jobs in South Dakota. If I ever ended up moving there (not likely as I have no job offers yet), I'm hoping I don't end up in his district.

Old 06-14-2018, 05:47 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,937,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I like the part where the statist says "I don't like talking to you" just like that poster told you the one time that your philosophy was scary or something and wasn't going to talk to you.

I posted two new threads tonight on drone strikes and they've been completely ignored.

One was in regards to a couple of journalists who believe they are on a "kill list" because American drones have nearly killed them several times the past few years while they report in the field. That's hard to believe because those drone strikes are very accurate and only kill "bad guys"...remember?

The other thread was about how other States and non-States alike have acquired drone technology able to carry out the kill missions that Obama/Trump popularized in Yemen, Syria, Iraq, Somalia, etc.

I asked the question in there if drone strikes were used to kill innocents in those places, as they were and still are, if some of the family members acquire the technology to carry out drone strikes on U.S. soil shouldn't it be their right to seek revenge and possibly kill Aunt Betty in Topeka?

Crickets.

None of the Statists in here are touching it with a 10-ft pole.

The silence is deafening.
How is the free market gonna address these ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
All taxation is theft.

The free market can take care of all the wants and needs of people. Want a service? Voluntarily pay for it.
How is the free market addressing healthcare wants & needs of the American people?

How does a quasi-religious belief system solely relying on the supremacy of the market work in real-time reality to solve all problems?

'As much as the market will bear.'

'The basic profit-driven incentive is to charge as much money as possible for providing as few goods & services as possible.'

Old 06-14-2018, 05:54 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,937,528 times
Guessing you guys would've had a problem with Marie Antoinette?

She should've clarified her statement, 'Let Them (Voluntarily) Eat Cake!'

There, is that better now?

Old 06-14-2018, 05:58 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,130,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
SD state lawmaker: Businesses should be allowed to 'turn away people of color' | TheHill

Yeah. Why are Republicans supporting people like this? When challenged on it, once he realized how poorly some folks took it he said:

So apparently he hopes it will be OK later.
The "Good Old Days" of Jim Crow. What a frigging joke this country is turning into.

Old 06-14-2018, 06:51 AM

45,251 posts, read 26,498,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
The "Good Old Days" of Jim Crow. What a frigging joke this country is turning into.
You'd be okay with a black owned bakery being strong armed by the state into making a cake for a KKK event?

It's about freedom.

Old 06-14-2018, 01:45 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,125,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
You'd be okay with a black owned bakery being strong armed by the state into making a cake for a KKK event?

It's about freedom.
People do have a roght to refuse service and your forgetting a fundamental difference.

A black man walking into a white owned bakery woth his kid is not the same as a group of white men walking into a bakery with robes or swaztikas because they have a meaning behind it which is threatening towards the black man. Or anyone for thet matter.

Now if a black man came in with a shurt saying “kill whiteyâ€, then rightfully so, the white man can refuse service because of the threatening shirt.

Old 06-14-2018, 03:26 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,395,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
How is the free market gonna address these ^

How is the free market addressing healthcare wants & needs of the American people?

How does a quasi-religious belief system solely relying on the supremacy of the market work in real-time reality to solve all problems?

'As much as the market will bear.'

'The basic profit-driven incentive is to charge as much money as possible for providing as few goods & services as possible.'
How is the free market going to address States killing babies with drones?

Well, no State will exist. That's an easy one.

It's not a religious belief system. You are born free from contractual obligations and impoverished. That's your default setting. It's reality.

I think a field trip to a hospital to watch a live birth is in order.

If the baby comes out fully clothed, sheltered, and cared for without voluntary help from individuals and signs a social contract then I'll convert back to statism.

If the baby doesn't sign anything and is born naked and screaming for another to care for it...you must become an anarchist.

Deal?

Old 06-14-2018, 05:15 PM

37,958 posts, read 17,900,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Exactly. So why do you justify a business owner forcing his or her beliefs on me, who simply needs a product or service and will pay for it? I don't give a darned about what he believes in, I just want my damn bread, milk, toothpaste, whatever.
Not justifying anything. Just explaining to you what property rights entails. No business owner is forcing anything on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Go look up the Supreme Court cases about Kazenbach vs. McClung and about public accommodations.
Its' about the private sector. The public sector was Jim Crow. You remember how the big government you love did this to its people? After all it was the law right?

Old 06-14-2018, 05:20 PM

37,958 posts, read 17,900,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If you are a business owner, you are working for yourself. You are not a slave. Nice try, but no cigar.
lol No I wouldn't be. What a silly comment. I'd be dong work for the person who wants that work done. If a neighbor hires me to build a fence who am I working for him or me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies