Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 06:12 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I always feel sickened when I see them with the pro-abortion signs with their little kids tagging along.

What the heck do they tell them? "Mommy believes its ok to kill babies, I *decided* to keep you so be d-mmed grateful you're here???"

I feel extremely doubtful when people claim to have seen "pro-abortion signs" and sorrow for their inability to understand the word choice and their desire to allow government to control what should be peoples' personal medical decisions..

Old 06-06-2018, 06:13 AM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Multiple problems with that

- carrying an unwanted pregnancy to term has health and mental effects, both not good

- over half of women who set up an adoption while pregnant change their mind after giving birth, to their own detriment, as a time like that doesn't give you good reasoning ability, you are acting solely on emotion

- in my fiance's case, her fetus's father was a drug using deadbeat who wouldn't have signed off on the adoption anyways

Just leave Roe v Wade alone!
As does abortion.

And women changing their mind not about having an adoption? I'm not concerned with that. They may be harmed by that decision in some ways, but that says nothing about being able to provide a loving home environment for their children. I recall having a conversation with my old boss. She told me--using the "ruining their lives" argument--that she'd imagine that many poorer women/families would have wanted to have an abortion/that children who grew up poor and in foster care would have preferred to have been aborted in many cases. I challenged her to find me people/women/families who feel this way. Even coming from dirt poor environments, its family and faith and other factors that often hold people together in the strongest way possible. The people I know who were raised in foster care and now have families of their own are glad to be alive and with their families.

With your fiance's former partner, even if he didn't sign off on the adoption, at least the child would have had a chance to become something as opposed to having no chance after being terminated before birth. I know plenty of people who are born to harsh circumstances who make the most out of their lives and are a credit on society.

Another thing: so long as we continue to allow illegal immigrants (including unaccompanied illegal children) into our country--who are often dirt poor, coming from broken houses, and, more importantly, have no right to be in this country to begin with--the argument about not bringing American children into this world because of poverty, etc., holds even less weight with me.

And Roe should be overturned as it has no basis in the Constitution. Note, while I oppose abortion and Roe as being wrongly decided, my position is that states are fully free to regulate abortion, which would work both ways.

Old 06-06-2018, 06:14 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
PP does not offer prenatal care or delivery. They do not employ obstetricians.

So how do they "help young ladies carry out pregnancies?"

Another person with ZERO idea of what PP actually does.
Perhaps not all Planned Parenthood centers provide full pre-natal care but most do provide 'women's health care sevices'...and that includes pre-natal care.

And when they don't provide a service -- they counsel the patients on where and how to find the care they need.

That's helping folks have health pregnancies.

Old 06-06-2018, 06:17 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Sharon Osbourne: Having an Abortion Was the "Worst Thing I Ever Did" | LifeNews.com

She recounted: “I had an abortion at 17 and it was the worst thing I ever did . . . I went alone. I was terrified. It was full of other young girls, and we were all terrified and looking at each other and nobody was saying a bloody word. I howled my way through it, and it was horrible. I would never recommend it to anyone because it comes back to haunt you. When I tried to have children, I lost three — I think it was because something had happened to my cervix during the abortion.”

It would be great if she started a program to educate teen girls on the bad effects of abortion.
Pro Choice is Pro Choice, whether you agree with the outcome or not. No abortion is "easy", the myth from the Pro Birth crowd is that women don't give it a second thought.

They do.

Old 06-06-2018, 06:20 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Of course it's the worst thing she's ever done....what's worse than having your child killed?
Exactly.

12,905 posts, read 15,662,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Whew !!!!!! Some of you really have some VERY strange ideas.
As you can see, this conversation cannot be had without it become extremely strident and fanatical. I have no issues with people disagreeing with my views; however, their tone on this subject is just not worth the discussion.

Newtovenice, upthread, immediately assaulted my character and said my values were all about money when I was simply making a statement that Sharon Osbourne may have had a different point of view about her abortion had she lived a life at poverty level.

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
As does abortion.

And women changing their mind not about having an adoption? I'm not concerned with that. They may be harmed by that decision in some ways, but that says nothing about being able to provide a loving home environment for their children. I recall having a conversation with my old boss. She told me--using the "ruining their lives" argument--that she'd imagine that many poorer women/families would have wanted to have an abortion/that children who grew up poor and in foster care would have preferred to have been aborted in many cases. I challenged her to find me people/women/families who feel this way. Even coming from dirt poor environments, its family and faith and other factors that often hold people together in the strongest way possible. The people I know who were raised in foster care and now have families of their own are glad to be alive and with their families.

With your fiance's former partner, even if he didn't sign off on the adoption, at least the child would have had a chance to become something as opposed to having no chance after being terminated before birth. I know plenty of people who are born to harsh circumstances who make the most out of their lives and are a credit on society.

Another thing: so long as we continue to allow illegal immigrants (including unaccompanied illegal children) into our country--who are often dirt poor, coming from broken houses, and, more importantly, have no right to be in this country to begin with--the argument about not bringing American children into this world because of poverty, etc., holds even less weight with me.

And Roe should be overturned as it has no basis in the Constitution. Note, while I oppose abortion and Roe as being wrongly decided, my position is that states are fully free to regulate abortion, which would work both ways.

What a completely irrelevant argument. Illegal immigrants come here because they're able to find work and send $$$ home. What does the fact we allow businesses that hire them to exist have to do with children, wanted or not?

Old 06-06-2018, 06:24 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Perhaps not all Planned Parenthood centers provide full pre-natal care but most do provide 'women's health care sevices'...and that includes pre-natal care.

And when they don't provide a service -- they counsel the patients on where and how to find the care they need.

That's helping folks have health pregnancies.
You are wrong. They only offer STD testing, pregnancy testing, BC, pap smears and abortions.

They do NOT offer prenatal care. They do not care for pregnant women. At all.

They do NOT offer mammograms.

Don;t believe me? Call your local PP. Ask where the nearest PP is that offers prenatal care and delivery. They'll tell you they don't offer those services.

And will refer you to a local, gov't funded clinic. Because they do not employ obstetricians.

Old 06-06-2018, 06:26 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
As you can see, this conversation cannot be had without it become extremely strident and fanatical. I have no issues with people disagreeing with my views; however, their tone on this subject is just not worth the discussion.

Newtovenice, upthread, immediately assaulted my character and said my values were all about money when I was simply making a statement that Sharon Osbourne may have had a different point of view about her abortion had she lived a life at poverty level.
Because you are 100% claiming that money is more important than children. And that Sharon Osborne would most likely be happy she had an abortion if she were poor.

You did read the part where she had 3 subsequent miscarriages, right?

You brought up money. Don't act like a martyr when people point your own words out.

Old 06-06-2018, 06:28 AM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
What a completely irrelevant argument. Illegal immigrants come here because they're able to find work and send $$$ home. What does the fact we allow businesses that hire them to exist have to do with children, wanted or not?
Not irrelevant at all. We are allowing illegal immigrants--including illegal immigrant children--to come into this country. They are overwhelmingly poor, etc., and won't have "great" lives in this country. Not to mention they are burdens on our society as they cost far more than they contribute: https://www.fairus.org/issue/publica...ates-taxpayers vs what they pay How much do undocumented immigrants pay in taxes? | PunditFact Yet, the left (and right wing big business) has no problem adding to our population rolls this way. We'd have more money to take care of poor Americans if we didn't have such a huge problem with illegal immigrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies