Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Sarah Huckabee Sanders stay or go?
She should acknowledge the false statement and stay in her job 11 5.02%
She doesn't need to acknowledge anything. Just move on and stay in her job. 121 55.25%
She should resign. 87 39.73%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 01:17 AM

10,531 posts, read 6,167,855 times

Advertisements

In January, as is now known, President Trump's legal team acknowledged that Trump "dictated" the first misleading statement put out about his son's controversial 2016 meeting with Russians at Trump Tower.

In July last year, Jay Sekulow stated on four separate occasions that Trump had nothing to do with the letter and that it all came from Don Jr:

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/06/02/p...ans/index.html

Sarah Huckabee Sanders was also complicit at the time, stating:

Quote:
He certainly didn't dictate, but he -- like I said, he weighed in, offered suggestion like any father would do.
We now know that Sanders statement then was false.

Yesterday she refused time and time again to acknowledge the false statement, instead turning on the press.

How can we ever trust that what she is saying is true if she refuses acknowledge that a previous statement was false? Should she resign?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2018, 01:20 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
She lied in other words.

Old 06-06-2018, 01:23 AM

10,531 posts, read 6,167,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
She lied in other words.

Not necessarily. At the time she may have thought what she was saying was true.

The point is, now she knows it was false.

She could acknowledge that she was given false information at the time and move past it.

Old 06-06-2018, 01:58 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Why should Sanders resign? Or quit?
She was hired to be a mouthpiece, and she's well suited for her job. She held the same job for her father when he was running, and Mike Huckabee may be a different kind of conservative than Donald Trump, but Sarah is repeating a lot of things that both men have said that are the same.

According to a bio I read on her, Sarah sees her job as nothing more or less than a job. What she repeats may not be what she believes, but it's her job, so she says and does what the job demands of her. Nothing more than that. Like lots of folks, Sanders tries to do her job well, and takes her work seriously.

All press secretaries do the same things she does- they have all spoken for their boss and present his views and his side of every issue. That's part of the job description.

They have all been caught in some falsification or other repeatedly. They all omit to mention stuff they know, and they all try to make their boss look as good as possible every time they talk to the press. I've watched a lot of them over the years, and they all become very adept at double-talking their way around hard questions. They have all lied once in a while, and none of them ever apologize when a lie is found out.

If Sanders quits, then that's evidence she's had enough of the job. If she doesn't, then she's still content enough to stick with it for a while longer. If the press can't pry the truth out of her, then they can't. But there's nothing that says she must tell the truth, and there's nothing that demands her to contradict her boss.

Do I believe her? Not all the time. But I think she is certainly a lot easier to watch than Spicer or any of the others who have held her job.

More power to her if she can withstand working in the continual tornado of crap that flies out of the Oval Office daily.

I admire her willingness to do a dirty job. But then, I also admire my plumber's willingness to tackle a job I wouldn't want to do myself too. Who among us would want to take her place?

Old 06-06-2018, 02:37 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times
I'm not fond of her, but we'd have the same result no matter who was in that position. The fish rots from the head down.

Old 06-06-2018, 02:55 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,598,017 times
No. Why should she, because she embarrasses the leftist media on a regular basis?

Old 06-06-2018, 03:24 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I'm not fond of her, but we'd have the same result no matter who was in that position. The fish rots from the head down.
This is my opinion more or less even though I voted for "Fire her." The message won't change even if the messenger does. I met her father before and was immediately taken by him. He saw my Jimi Hendrix hoodie and we talked about the great guitarist for at least 10 minutes. He wasn't running that year, but I guess like most good politicians, he was playing me. It's hard for me to reconcile a man who I think is a pretty decent person to his daughter who I doubt has a soul.

Old 06-06-2018, 03:25 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,849,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
In January, as is now known, President Trump's legal team acknowledged that Trump "dictated" the first misleading statement put out about his son's controversial 2016 meeting with Russians at Trump Tower.

In July last year, Jay Sekulow stated on four separate occasions that Trump had nothing to do with the letter and that it all came from Don Jr:

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/06/02/p...ans/index.html

Sarah Huckabee Sanders was also complicit at the time, stating:

Yesterday she refused time and time again to acknowledge the false statement, instead turning on the press.

How can we ever trust that what she is saying is true if she refuses acknowledge that a previous statement was false? Should she resign?

I would much rather see the ENTIRE Press Corps boycott the "Daily Propaganda Report", because it is nothing but TOTAL BS!

Old 06-06-2018, 03:48 AM

41,961 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Nah. She's too entertaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
No. Why should she, because she embarrasses the leftist media on a regular basis?
Quite the other way around, actually.

Old 06-06-2018, 03:57 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,401,311 times
Trump's attitude towards his staff can change on a dime. See Hope Hicks. Sanders is towing the Trump line for the time being. Whether she continues to do so is one that is based on her conscience. If she is comfortable with what she is doing, I expect her to stay in her position for a long time. Would I be comfortable doing what she does day in and day out? Hell no!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies