Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2018, 10:20 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Nothing new. I've had liberals tell me they'd be happy to see retirees' life savings wiped out in a recession, and have them live hand-to-mouth on SS payments, if it meant people turned out to vote against Trump in 2020.

Note: These liberals never say they'd be willing to have their OWN life savings wiped out. Like always, they're generous with OPM (Other People's Money).
Yep I heard the same thing from conservatives when Obama was in office. They would rather lose everything and have Obama fail then admit he might have had a positive effect on them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2018, 10:23 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee View Post
Just shows that sadly many liberals will do ANYTHING, including destroy our country, to make Trump look bad.

Only in the minds of conservatives.

Old 06-10-2018, 10:57 AM

2,805 posts, read 3,255,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Only in the minds of conservatives.
I guess in my thinking, I must be conservative much more than liberal, yet I am an independent and have voted for those in both parties, so I guess I do not fit your opinion.

Old 06-10-2018, 10:59 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Yep I heard the same thing from conservatives when Obama was in office. They would rather lose everything and have Obama fail then admit he might have had a positive effect on them.
What you're saying isn't the same thing but from conservatives. See Rachel's last paragraph.

You're saying that they (conservatives) said they would rather lose everything and have Obama fail (than admit Obama had a positive effect on them).

That same thing about liberals would include Rachel saying that liberals would rather lose everything (themselves) than _________.

That's not what Rachel was conveying.

Her point was that liberals she talked to (apparently not any retirees) would rather see RETIREES lose everything, and that they (those particular liberals) wouldn't be willing to lose anything themselves/lose any of their OWN money.

Old 06-10-2018, 11:05 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Maher is an idiot. The U.S. isn't a Democracy. It's a Constitutional Republic. It's sad that so many people don't know that; it's basic U.S. History.
Before long Maher the idiot will be cracking jokes about war heroes dying of brain cancer.

Old 06-10-2018, 07:42 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,811,465 times
There are worse things than an economic recession. Haven't you also heard the saying "it will get worse before it gets better"? Maybe an economic recession is the key. I'd rather us go down fast than to continuously fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
He's another dumb celebrity who should stay out of politics or topics that require you to think past the first talking point.

He's a political comedian who has been doing this stuff for years so it's his job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
Every person in the US who cares about the future of their children and grandchildren is hoping he gets a full 8 years in office.
Oh yeah is he still doing that wall? If he is then that's another reason to disagree with you.

Old 06-10-2018, 07:43 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
He is an evil man. Bill thinks he is intelligent, in reality he is an establishment propagandist.
You mean like Hannity?

Old 06-11-2018, 05:28 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
No, you haven't, but you cheered when the GOP vowed to obstruct anything Obama did literally on day 1 of his presidency, even obstructing any policy to get us out of the GOP's historic recession.

" when the GOP vowed to obstruct anything Obama did literally on day 1 of his presidency,"
That is a BIG LIE!

Old 06-11-2018, 05:31 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Making Trump "look bad?"

TFF.

No need for liberals to work at making Trump look bad.

Trump does this all by himself.

He lies constantly. Hires Russian agents and nincompoops. Acts like a demented old fool at meetings of international leaders.

Now he's off to meet with the North Korean dictator and Dennis Rodman.

As far as I'm can tell, there were no conditions for this meeting and the U.S. will pick up the tab for Leader Kim's luxurious accommodations.

Kim gets photos of alongside Trump grinning like a frog.

U.S. taxpayers get to pick up the bill for this nonsense.

"As far as I'm can tell,"

In other worlds you haven't a clue BUT you can "guess"!

Old 06-11-2018, 08:12 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times
This just shows the evil mind of the leftist. They could care less about anyones suffering, they just want power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies