Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2018, 07:43 AM

7,270 posts, read 4,234,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Perfect time to go into the heating business.
and funeral business...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2018, 08:02 AM

5,998 posts, read 3,746,995 times
I love reading posts by global warming deniers. It's glaringly obvious that they do not understand the processes, let alone the science, behind global warming. They don't even have a rudimentary understanding of it yet they come on sites like this and post as if they're experts.

Old 06-10-2018, 08:05 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,411,754 times
All that I know that this spring was rainy and cold, and as we get into summer on the East Coast the hot days are somewhat rare.

Old 06-10-2018, 08:06 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,411,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
I love reading posts by global warming deniers. It's glaringly obvious that they do not understand the processes, let alone the science, behind global warming. They don't even have a rudimentary understanding of it yet they come on sites like this and post as if they're experts.

Yes, we know that liberals are the "experts" on everything.

Old 06-10-2018, 08:07 AM

7,270 posts, read 4,234,888 times
Quote:
ahh... show us your stuff. show us the unbiased science proving global warming. double dog dare ya.

Old 06-10-2018, 08:09 AM

27,741 posts, read 16,250,450 times
Can’t even get a reliable 3 day

Old 06-10-2018, 08:11 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,138,643 times
Pshhh I wish

Old 06-10-2018, 08:16 AM

5,480 posts, read 2,134,959 times
Quote:
No one denies that the Earth warms and cools...Again, you lefties like to use names to mislead. What the people you try to shut down disagree on is the CAUSE!

The Earth has gone through many warming and cooling periods yet no matter which way it's going you want us to believe it's man-made and only your leftist draconian regulations can stop it!

Old 06-10-2018, 08:18 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,592,663 times
I don’t see us headed towards an ice age or global warming but the climate is definitely changing and i don’t believe it’s for the better.

Old 06-10-2018, 08:22 AM

13,721 posts, read 9,055,926 times
As one other poster noted, a good solid volcano eruption can disrupt the world's climate:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/weath...bora/84855694/

However, as the article noted, this event was not all rosy, since it caused food shortages, etc.

Oddly enough, this event also created our pleasant myth of a 'white Christmas'.

Charles Dickens was born in 1812 (you know, the year the Canadians burned down the White House). As a young boy, Charles (and London) experienced several years of snow due to the volcano of 1816 (as a general rule, London rarely gets snow, and even then just a slight covering, if that).

Those were happy years for young Dickens, until his family situation went bad (father in prison for debt, Dickens working in a 'blacking shop', etc).

When he turned to writing his novels as a young man (age 26), Dickens looked back fondly at his youth and the gentle snow he enjoyed as a boy. Hence, beginning with Pickwick Papers, Dickens portrayed an idyllic picture of families gathering around a blazing fire at Christmas time, enjoying libations and each others company, as it snowed outside. Cold outside, cozy within.

Oddly, prior to this, Christmas, at least in England and America, mainly consisted of going to church and not much else. However, Dickens was so popular (it is still estimated that Pickwick Papers is the most read book in history, when one figures the number of sales of the book, versus the literate population at the time), that the public began recreating their own "Dickens Christmas" at their homes. One enterprising person in London came up with Christmas Cards, again influenced by Dickens, whom was influenced by the snow he enjoyed as a youth, which snow was influenced by a volcano on the other side of the world.

Truth is indeed stranger than fiction.

I will note that many cities still host festivals known as A Dickens Christmas. Here in Texas, I refer you the Galveston's, held every December.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies