Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2018, 05:14 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Watching our President on the Canadian TV I really had to say how adept, smart and accomplished he has become in one year. He is on our side, he is going to make America strong and a true advocate for peace.

So exciting.

Now to all the people who will cite labels, stories or other echo chamber statements please join us and grow into what is going on. The slights and the small minded criticism are relegating you to failures and to history....

So go on....take the risk to listen to what he is doing....for US. If you cannot or won't please know that the
the rest of the USA are leaving....and enjoying success.

We are winning with him in the head of state.

So much winning!

Tired of it yet?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2018, 05:20 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Only a cult or severely delusional would believe this man is the "greatest president".

No one could be that delusional and still be able to type on a keyboard. It's all part of an organized assault on truth, from outside our borders.

Old 06-09-2018, 05:27 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,200,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo2000 View Post
You sound like an idiot too
Hard to hear you over all your REEEEEEEEEEing

Old 06-09-2018, 05:42 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Like I said. You can listen and hear or be part of history.
Oh, we'll be a part of history alright. The ass-end part.

Old 06-09-2018, 05:49 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,117,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Children gotta grow up sometime. In a liberal utopia a person isn't a person until 21 and lives at home with mom and dad until their 30s because hell we had to give this up that up and the other up because of the children gotta protect the children. Gotta coddle them through highschool and college, and mandate they go to college because trading sweat and blood is beneath them and only troglodytes, illegals and Visa holders work in skilled trades.
Get that useless degree in an oversaturated job market with little chance to be accepted for a career path, and then it's worry about who is most offended to create little niche groups of people and demonize someone else and chalk them up as responsible for their failure in the great social expirament which is the current United States of America.

God forbid someone's feelings are hurt or actually work for living.

I had "chores" at 13 14 15 16 that most adult men are assigned responsibility for.
And I didn't get an allowance either... if I wanted something I had to find employment and work for it.

Unlike the significant majority of my generation, I've already owned and sold a house, moved far south, and have a steady income. I employ others and pay them well for what it is they do.

This countries biggest mistake pertaining to automobiles, was ever allowing Honda Toyota Nissan etc to set up production on US soil.

Followed by poor management skills from whatever business schools taught to have CEOs and executives walk away after bankrupting the likes of General Motors, making 10s of millions of dollars per year. While hemorrhaging the company from the top down.

And then there's raise taxes to give to the unfortunate who took up a degree and can't get a job with stifling student loan debt because they like idiots fell hook line and sinker for the used car salesman tactics of You need to sign up for classes with us today your seat, just like that car well maintained and babied by an old guy won't be there tomorrow.

So if cheaper goods produced domestically means child labor? Good. Give the kids something to do other than be edge lords on the Internet bullying each other and shooting up schools. Give them a job a sense of purpose. Let them get hurt and build character it's good for them, otherwise if you leave the training wheels on and never cut the umbilical chord you wind up with a generation that eats tide pods for fun and find offense in such a degree they need a cry corner in college, emotional support animals, and everything wrapped in foam lest they fall and hurt themselves.
No pointy or sharp objects either...

Other countries start middle schoolers in trades. That's smart. Develop an interest in being a welder, an engineer, find out when your 13 14 15 on the schools dime that hey, this career isn't what it's cracked up to be afterall perhaps I'll become a doctor or lawyer or machinist or mechanic etc rather than 21 22 23 and it's a phone call to mom and dad who refinanced their house to put junior through college, Hey mom, dad, are you sitting down? Good. I failed a class and I've been thinking this isn't for me afterall I'm dropping out and coming home. Oh by the way can my significant other move in with me? They're really nice you'll love them!

Stereotype? No. Sad truth? Yes. That fits a significant portion of my generation to a T.
Some things you said are true, others are just a complete over-exaggeration. But your right about trade and skills. Those are important. Especially programming. I learned some programming over the years along with various 3D programs. Was aiming for animation but for now it looks like I'm falling into a more of tech industry type deal. Still wanna be a character designer for movies or gaming. But for now I got something to fall back on.

Old 06-09-2018, 05:49 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
Quote:
your arguments lack substance and are specious. Keep watching. NoKo is next.
naw, you are just angry because you know I am bang on target.

Trump has failed in every single "deal" he has made with another nation. I directly challenge you to find one solid deal where Trump has come back with a BETTER deal...

So far, China is a total bust, they have given nothing and lost nothing. Well they got their phone company back in the spy game cheaper due to Trump.

TPP, well we gained nothing, the other 11 nations are pushing forth without us (hint TPP was our stick to beat china with but Trump gave it away for FREE, like a 5 year old trading cards...)

NAFTA, zero.
Trump has whined and cried stamped his feet and neither MEX nor CAN has budged so much as an inch. Trump's tariff on timber is costing the public 30% more for lumber and making the KOCH boyer richer than god.

Trump's illegal breaking of the JCPA (iran deal to some) has CHINA making new deals with IRAN, and Trump has kept his fat mouth SHUT because he is scared of China. So much for Trump threatening sanctions on anyone who deals with Iran!!! CHinese companies are making deal after deal and Trump is pretending not to know.
JCPA is alive, but the USA now has no power to enforce or regulate or negotiate it. Trump has merely given Iran an excuse to start refining, and there is NOTHING Trump can do if Iran moves forward because Iran is under the protection of Russia.

SO AADAD, my guess is you are going to pretend not to see this or do the usual ignore the facts and just "pretend" Trump is doing well. If am wrong PROVE it AADAD, PROVE it. step up and provide some factual evidence of Trump making good deals.

Old 06-09-2018, 06:01 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,538,277 times
Because he’s a simple-minded moron.

Old 06-09-2018, 06:01 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Imports will be more expensive, prices will rise, and exports will fall, with no beneficial change in balance of trade. Apparently Republicans are no longer free trade fiscal conservatives.

If you sell from the US to other countries they charge. In the UK a VAT is levied on goods and services sold from outside the European Union. In the UK the default VAT is 20% since 4 January 2011. Your charge + 20% = Total cost of item. But if we buy a product in the UK, we are not charged an additional fee.

In other words, they charge for good shipped in, which increase their cost and discourages people from buying from the U.S. We don't so it doesn't discourage us from buying from them.

Old 06-09-2018, 06:03 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Neither, the third choice.
A turncoat.

Old 06-09-2018, 06:06 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
naw, you are just angry because you know I am bang on target.

Trump has failed in every single "deal" he has made with another nation. I directly challenge you to find one solid deal where Trump has come back with a BETTER deal...

So far, China is a total bust, they have given nothing and lost nothing. Well they got their phone company back in the spy game cheaper due to Trump.

TPP, well we gained nothing, the other 11 nations are pushing forth without us (hint TPP was our stick to beat china with but Trump gave it away for FREE, like a 5 year old trading cards...)

NAFTA, zero.
Trump has whined and cried stamped his feet and neither MEX nor CAN has budged so much as an inch. Trump's tariff on timber is costing the public 30% more for lumber and making the KOCH boyer richer than god.

Trump's illegal breaking of the JCPA (iran deal to some) has CHINA making new deals with IRAN, and Trump has kept his fat mouth SHUT because he is scared of China. So much for Trump threatening sanctions on anyone who deals with Iran!!! CHinese companies are making deal after deal and Trump is pretending not to know.
JCPA is alive, but the USA now has no power to enforce or regulate or negotiate it. Trump has merely given Iran an excuse to start refining, and there is NOTHING Trump can do if Iran moves forward because Iran is under the protection of Russia.

SO AADAD, my guess is you are going to pretend not to see this or do the usual ignore the facts and just "pretend" Trump is doing well. If am wrong PROVE it AADAD, PROVE it. step up and provide some factual evidence of Trump making good deals.
Proof? Seriously man. Here's a primer. This is the NY Times last to the party....

You might want to read it....open your eyes and reconsider your sallow viewpoint which is not based in reality.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/28/o...my-credit.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies