Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 03:42 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Think they were right to fire her? I'd say yes, I wouldn't want anyone who would behave like that at my business.

The Riverfront Times reported that Duncan’s personal Facebook page included memes supporting Donald Trump and a meme bashing NFL players protesting police brutality by kneeling during the National Anthem.

The woman in the picture and several others off camera say repeatedly that they are "going n-word hunting." Classy.

https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/1006258818207178754
100% agree!

Old 06-12-2018, 03:47 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Good.

'Freedom of speech' card and "what she does on her own time is no one's business" excuse in 5, 4, 3...
It is not the government’s business but idiots suffer private consequences when engaging in offensive speech.

Old 06-12-2018, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
You know what is interesting about leftists is their consistent hypocrisy. Whether this woman should be fired for posting vile rubbish on her own time is up for debate. But the liberal hatred toward only certain offensive thought/language is beyond hypocritical.
More importantly, the desire to make it impossible for someone to work because of their views is typically only a one way street.
I guess you'd prefer she go on welfare to eat up more working peoples money?

I'd also note that in the leftist world of micro aggression and not wanting to hurt anyone's feelings, social scorn for irresponsible/deviant sexual behavior, drug use, criminal behavior of minorities, etc. is forbidden to be discussed. Thus only criticism of white hetero Christian males is ok, but nothing regarding people taking personal responsibility for their actions.

`
If a business caters to a diverse population they would be crazy not to fire her.

Old 06-12-2018, 03:57 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,017,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
Exactly, they are like the human cockroaches of flyover country. Trump has given them the confidence to proudly display their racism. These are the kind of people Palin was calling "Real Americans" just a few years ago.
I happen to live in Missouri.The girl deserves what she gets. I do not. Your insult to the rest of us is just as insidious as her comments...…….

Old 06-12-2018, 04:06 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,599,516 times
Is this supposed to be an indictment of Trump?

Old 06-12-2018, 04:09 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
So, she got virtue checked and Doxed....
Makes the case to be self employed and not at the mercy of those wishing to control your thought, through thought punishment.
You can say or do what ever you wish: Liberty.
I should have figured you would defend this horrible woman😒🤭

Old 06-12-2018, 04:25 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BXAlpharetta View Post
Fired by whom?

It's simple really, if you don't like their music...you don't buy it. The same way as her company didn't like what she did, so....they don't "buy" her.

You know, something about free country and all that jazz.

Old 06-12-2018, 04:40 PM

The fact is Colin and Tabitha ain’t working for the same reason. Businesses don’t like employees to offend a segment of their customers.

Old 06-12-2018, 04:47 PM

638 posts, read 624,344 times
If a black hoodlum drove around in a truck saying he was going "white people hunting" how many of you would want him in jail?

Exactly

Also, Trump hasn't enabled anything. Bad people are going to be bad people. Did Obama "enable" black people to be racist? No. Dumb, evil people are going to be dumb, evil people regardless of who is president

Old 06-12-2018, 04:49 PM

26,498 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
Are there any pictures/videos of these people at the Tiki Torch rally, or the rally the following day where an innocent woman was murdered? I haven't seen one.

I'd argue that if anybody who didn't align with white supremacists and nazis showed up on either day, heard the nazi chants, saw the white supremacist signs, and decided to stay, that they were proclaiming themselves part of the group.

You obviously have been indoctrinated by propaganda, because:

(1) It is 100% clear that Trump did not say neo-Nazis were very fine people

(2) It is 100% clear that Trump said neo-Nazis should be condemned completely

(3) It is 100% clear that Sons/Daughters of Confederate Veterans were there at those protests, protesting the removal of statues (in fact there first) - that is one of the biggest things they do these days

(4) It is 100% clear that the Sons/Daughters of Confederate Veterans openly disavow bigotry and violence -- and even try to recruit black members (probably to help their image).

Look, I oppose the Sons/Daughters of Confederate Veterans on their core positions. I think they are misguided and misunderstand history, but they are not neo-Nazis and not a sinister group out to commit violence. Trump was clearly talking about them and groups like them. It is pure propaganda BS to claim that Trump was referencing the neo-Nazis.

I've even debated Sons/Daughters of Confederate Veterans on the causes of secession. They are wrong on history, but generally decent people.

Read the link....

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...innocence.html

P.S. The protests were over a large area and some did leave and some had signs bashing the neo-nazis. Would you argue that Obama who befriended a former domestic terrorist should be labeled himself as such?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies