Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2018, 11:53 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post

Do you have a source for that comment who is not a "former employee"? Do you personally have firsthand knowledge that that is true?

The last thing PP wants is for someone to come back and say PP coerced her into having an abortion. The patient has to make the choice that is best for her.

https://host.madison.com/ct/news/loc...0720ca115.html

"Each woman who visits the clinic seeking an abortion is asked the same two questions: 'Are you aware of all your options for your pregnancy? And are you feeling firm in your decision to end the pregnancy?'”
I think you misunderstood my post.

What I was trying to say is that if a woman shows up at PP and says she is pregnant and wants to terminate, the employees at PP are not allowed to try to convince her that she SHOULD NOT do what it is she came there to do.

I think people who are anti-abortion believe that these wayward women appear on the doorstep at the evil abortion factory that is PP and get talked into having abortions by the staff.

That is not true.

Old 06-14-2018, 11:56 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
If she chooses an abortion you support it. You are pro abortion. No biggie. Why are you so scared to admit it?
What is your actual point?

I am pro-abortion IF a woman wants it.

I am pro-motherhood IF a woman wants it.

I am pro-adoption IF a woman wants it.

I'm "pro" all of these choices, so the logical way to describe my leaning is "pro-choice."

I am pro" whatever a person wants to do with their body that is legal in this country.

Old 06-15-2018, 01:07 AM

37,105 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I think you misunderstood my post.

What I was trying to say is that if a woman shows up at PP and says she is pregnant and wants to terminate, the employees at PP are not allowed to try to convince her that she SHOULD NOT do what it is she came there to do.

I think people who are anti-abortion believe that these wayward women appear on the doorstep at the evil abortion factory that is PP and get talked into having abortions by the staff.

That is not true.
I still do not believe that is the approach anyone counselling about terminating a pregnancy would take. The purpose of that conversation is to make sure the pregnant woman understands what all of her options are and chooses the one that is best for her personally.

Even someone who comes in thinking that she has decided to have an abortion needs to have that discussion. Afterwards, even just before the procedure is performed, she is asked again, "Are you aware of all your options for your pregnancy? And are you feeling firm in your decision to end the pregnancy?"

It is not the function of the counselor to convince a patient to abort (despite what certain posters here think) or not to abort. It is to give her the information she needs to decide what the best decision is for her personally. That really needs to be done in a fashion that is not biased toward or against any of the choices available to the patient.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2018, 03:53 AM

2,309 posts, read 900,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
I believe *tumor* is a better analogy.
So now the unborn is a tumor?

Old 06-15-2018, 05:42 AM

2,573 posts, read 3,501,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
What is your actual point?

His point is in his screen name

Old 06-15-2018, 05:50 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Honey, we've covered this before. An organization that is publicly funded - that is, funded with tax dollars either fully or partially - is not automatically a publicly operated organization - that is, operated by government.
How does that dispute the fact that liberals argue for very ill and frequently terminal people to receive very costly treatments paid for by someone else, and in the same breath insist that fetuses can be killed, at will, merely because they're an "inconvenience?"

Old 06-15-2018, 05:52 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
If she chooses an abortion you support it. You are pro abortion. No biggie. Why are you so scared to admit it?
Exactly.

Pro choice means: I support abortion.

But they squirm and wiggle to get out of that belief, so are they really pro abortion? OR do they just not want to admit that they are pro abortion? Cognitive dissonance.

Old 06-15-2018, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I am PRO-CHOICE, as in I am for a woman having a CHOICE as to what to do with her body and her reproductive options.

Why is that so difficult for you to understand?
Because there's a father who may very well have a vested interest in seeing the pregnancy to term. Progeny. If fathers can be prosecuted for willingly killing a fetus while mothers are not, why don't fathers have a say in whether a pregnancy goes to term?

Old 06-15-2018, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
People still believe that the unborn is nothing more than tissue?
Yes, any states with fetal homicide laws.

Old 06-15-2018, 06:04 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,651,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Because there's a father who may very well have a vested interest in seeing the pregnancy to term. Progeny. If fathers can be prosecuted for willingly killing a fetus while mothers are not, why don't fathers have a say in whether a pregnancy goes to term?
How can the father kill the fetus without physically harming the woman?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies