Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 06:31 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,775,066 times

Advertisements

I get a kick out of people who get their fake news from Facebook and Fox News having an issue with actual news organizations making a mistake.

Old 06-23-2018, 06:32 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,767,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Wow, they are really self-destructing. No one will believe anything they say. So I hope they keep doing it.

ABC Retracts Reporting That Paul Manafort Pleaded Guilty To Manslaughter | The Daily Caller
I think it's fake because they got the number too low.

Old 06-23-2018, 06:38 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,219,950 times
You can read about an actual #FakeNews story on this thread.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ses-trump.html

Deliberately false reporting and no retraction.

Old 06-23-2018, 06:42 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,951,155 times
That insipid apology doesn't wipe out the fact that the anti-trump media will do anything and everything to portray the President and anyone associated with him in a bad light - whether true or not. Incredible list compiled by Sharyl Attkisson on all these "honest mistakes". After reading this, I can't see how anyone could still be so blind as to not recognize the bias from msm.

https://sharylattkisson.com/2018/06/...finitive-list/

Old 06-23-2018, 07:05 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,461,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Actually, there was research done a while back comparing the different media outlets and Fox got the best scores with being factual. ...
Nonsense!

Post a link to the'research'.

Old 06-23-2018, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I get a kick out of people who get their fake news from Facebook and Fox News having an issue with actual news organizations making a mistake.
Me too. It's like these people have a hard time thinking ...

Old 06-23-2018, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
So this is my problem. with so-called retracts.
Was the retract reported as aggressively as the dishonest or inaccurate story that falsely accused the individual?
or
Was it a mumbled mention almost as an after thought?

I personally believe the media will use the retract to avoid being held accountable for blatant lies. They have an agenda and will use every tool they can.
What ever happened to responsible journalism? Journalist report the news not create it. We have v very little good journalism any more.
You mean how Trump finally admitted Obama was born in this country ... after six or more years of lying?
A brief statement buried in some event promoting his new hotel?

I have a Trumpie friend who still thinks Obama was born in Kenya and the 'deep state' or the RNC or some such ridiculous thing forced Trump to disavow birtherism "but everybody knows they made him say that". Bullcrap.

Retractions are never headlines, they never were. This is standard journalistic practice for literally hundred of years, there are always correction of omissions and errors as well as retractions when the sources turn out to be unreliable, and they are easy to find in any news source. It usually will be seen in follow up articles. That is what the latest news is, filling out the stories with more and better detail ... that's journalism. Not repeating the same mistakes over and over.

Fake news does not retract. Fake news is fake because that is the message they want to put out, so it is repeated exactly the same. Fox does that, Hannity built his career on it.

Old 06-23-2018, 09:16 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,847,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Me too. It's like these people have a hard time thinking ...
The MSM doesn't need to think what with the Democrats whispering in their ear. They get their orders, carry them out and feel giddy and proud for reporting whatever lies they are fed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies