Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2018, 12:42 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,251,833 times

Advertisements

Headlines like this and so many others that I see every day, makes me wonder if our environment or food is contaminated in a way that causes this kind of unhinged behavior over nonviolent issues. Kind of like how the use of lead in paint and gasoline etc. contributed to an increase in violent crime 40-50 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2018, 12:49 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGal View Post
I am sorry to say that Maxine Waters represents the community I live in - We live on the borders of El Segundo / Manhattan Beach but this woman is our Congresswoman.

SHe was recently at a Townhall Meeting (I did not go) regarding noise from planes coming from LAX and Hawthorne Airport. I guess a group got together because they are angry over jets going overhead and the noise. They would like nothing better then to shut Hawthorne Airport down which is sad - they will NOT admit this but that's where they are going. A gentleman I know told me people at the meeting were so ENAMORED by her celebrity. I was in shock.

Not only does she want Trump's cabinet harassed - she wants his base as well. What is wrong with this woman? What happened to civility? I so hope she gets unseated from Omar Navarro whose a great guy by the way. He's from my hometown of Torrance.

I am all about CIVILITY... Agree to disagree. What happened to the times where we could debate and still treat people with respect? Today these people tell their followers to harass others? It's so upsetting.
She's an extremist and it's because of people like her and her supporters is the very reason many of us will not even consider voting Democrat.

Old 06-26-2018, 12:51 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Welcome Trump.
He is the most uncivilized person.
Disagree with trump and you are Twitter harassed for weeks. Or blocked from Twitter all together.

He s like watching Jerry Spinger all day long.
Highest office in the land discusses differences like drunk trailer trash.
Your standards are way to high following the previous president. When this one is gone let s hope the world rights itself and his followers go back under their rocks
People wanted Trump to fight against extremist like Maxine Waters. The next time you think about hating Trump just know that it's people like Maxine Waters who helped get Trump elected.

Old 06-26-2018, 12:52 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,475,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc17 View Post
Headlines like this and so many others that I see every day, makes me wonder if our environment or food is contaminated in a way that causes this kind of unhinged behavior over nonviolent issues. Kind of like how the use of lead in paint and gasoline etc. contributed to an increase in violent crime 40-50 years ago.
Might be . Altough Maxie has been crazy for a while I believe. But Trump’s election seems to have put her over the edge .
She’s the poster woman for TDS

Old 06-26-2018, 05:27 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Talking So amusing...

So revealing...

So hypocritical...

tRump whining about civility is akin to swine in a mud wallow calling for hygiene.

The stench just doesn't wash off with a teardrop.

Old 06-26-2018, 06:15 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,848,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Totally agree with you. Maxine is out of line and the leadership of the Democratic party has told her so.
Well good for him. It's about time.

Old 06-26-2018, 06:21 AM

8,505 posts, read 4,569,336 times
Looks like some of the Democrats are wading into the sewer that Trump created. DJT has unfortunately desensitized Americans to threatening and bullying people, politicians, and news media with his constant attacks. He and many of his followers have brought a new low to the nation and it seems it gets worse each day.

Old 06-26-2018, 06:22 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,091,368 times
Maxine Waters was way out of line with her comments.

She needed to retire years ago, but after yesterday's fiasco, the dems might force her out.

Old 06-26-2018, 06:24 AM

11,223 posts, read 8,310,427 times
Trump and Waters:

Similarity: They both openly call for, and participate in harassing their political opponants:

Difference: Trump base considers his action to be like Red Meat, they love it and are proud of it. Democratic Base has denounced Waters openly and quickly.

I find it ironic that Trump supporters have anything negative to say about Waters. They openly applaud that style of behavior when Trump does it. I guess they want to have a double standard? They are a curious bunch, aren't they?

Old 06-26-2018, 06:29 AM

11,223 posts, read 8,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
She's an extremist and it's because of people like her and her supporters is the very reason many of us will not even consider voting Democrat.
How then do you justify any support for Trump? He has openly called for harassing of his political opponents. (Lock her up, Punch them in the face) and he continues to goad people on Twitter.

I would not consider voting for Waters either (I am not in her district or her state) if I could, but I would not be so ignorant as to apply her behavior to all Democrats. In fact, they have been fairly uniform in their condemnation of her comments.

Likewise, I'm pretty disgusted with MOST Republicans these days, but I still look at each candidate and each race, and will occasionally still vote for an R where they are the best candidate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies