Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2018, 10:17 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
OK, but the cop could have shot a bullet in the air to scare the dog.

And then, where would that bullet come down?

If you shoot, you shoot to put rounds on target.

This thing about shooting a warning shot in the air is a falsehood because that bullet is going to come down somewhere.

It is a falsehood and the public needs to know that.

Old 06-29-2018, 11:43 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
And then, where would that bullet come down?

If you shoot, you shoot to put rounds on target.

This thing about shooting a warning shot in the air is a falsehood because that bullet is going to come down somewhere.

It is a falsehood and the public needs to know that.
How in thee hell can a person get your attention?

Do you want to be dog linked?

Old 06-29-2018, 03:06 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
How in thee hell can a person get your attention?

Do you want to be dog linked?

You do not shoot if you don't know where that round is suppose to end up.

Old 06-29-2018, 03:10 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,400,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
To protect, serve, and kill Fido.
Harsh.

Old 06-30-2018, 02:44 AM

5,110 posts, read 3,070,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Ill wager he got charged and fired mostly because he didnt use the typical line and shut his mouth. Not because of negligence. "I feared for my life" is the standard line protected by the law and ruling Graham vs Conner, what he actually said basically threw the typical defense out the window. He will be re-hired and if the prosecutor decides to sink the case. He needs to keep the other cops working with him.
I don't think most of the police department will be on his side though, or the prosecutor will most likely not sink the case. The police turned this video of him shooting the dog over to the media it seems, so it seems the police actually want to sink him, or why else would they want turn over their own video for all the media and public to view?

Old 06-30-2018, 05:32 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zengha View Post
Bodycam footage shows Wichita officer shooting dog and injuring girl | Daily Mail Online

Why the **** are cops so damn scared of dogs??? Why do they get off at shooting them? And hitting the girl in the face, he obviously couldn't give a crap. If I had my way I'd find 12 starving dogs and throw him naked in a pit with them, this SOB deserves it!
"Why the **** are cops so damn scared of dogs???"

Why do people ask such STUPID questions?

Obviously you have never been attacked by a dog. I HAVE.

"a 35lb English Bull Terrier"

"People also ask Are English bull terrier aggressive?

The Bull Terrier is strong-willed and can be difficult to train. He's not recommended for timid or first-time dog owners. Without early socialization and training, Bull Terriers can be aggressive toward other dogs, animals, and people he doesn't know."

Bull Terrier Dog Breed Information, Pictures, Characteristics & Facts ...

dogtime.com/dog-breeds/bull-terrier

Old 06-30-2018, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
After reviewing the video, the dog did get up and lunge at the officer. I can't really blame the cop for shooting it. It wasn't like it was chilling and he just walked up to it and shot it.

"After reviewing the video, the dog did get up and lunge at the officer."

Most posters attacking the officer didn't bother to watch, I'd bet.

Old 06-30-2018, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
OK, but the cop could have shot a bullet in the air to scare the dog.
"OK, but the cop could have shot a bullet in the air to scare the dog"

What makes you such an expert to say the dog would be scared off.?

Most dogs are VERY PROTECTIVE of the owners and family members and a shot would NOT phase them if they felt harm to the family members.

This happened INDOORS. Suppose somebody was upstairs and was shot by your "warning shot". What would you be saying then?

Old 06-30-2018, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Another day, another hero , another dead dog, another wounded innocent bystander. Dont these idiots have mace? I'd think a gun should be a last resort.

"Dont these idiots have mace?"

Only and "idiot" would believe mace would stop a dog from protecting it's owners, especially children if it thought they were threatened.

Iv'e seen dogs SHOT and wounded badly, crawling, STILL trying to protect its owner.

Old 06-30-2018, 06:17 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,018,049 times
Sounds like the dog was locked in the bedroom and the moron opened the door, saw the dog, and left it open.

Ok which case yeah, fire him and charge him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies