Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2018, 10:04 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,222,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
People should immediately do the right thing: Get as many friends together as possible, go buy MAGA hats and troll the living **** out of that restaurant!! If you're going to be a bunch of dicks, you deserve it!!

How on earth did the Left allow the words "Make America Great Again" into an evil and offensive slogan?? Talk about losing control of the message!
I'm pretty sure it's Trump who lost control of the message.

Most of the folks on the left that I associate with, thing MAGA is dumb, because America IS great. The folks on the Right I associate with, mainly older, seem to think MAGA means taking it back to a fonder time that they remember.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2018, 10:17 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,595,863 times
keep up the division!

Old 06-25-2018, 10:46 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,730,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Whatever, their bar their right.

As they say, no such thing as bad publicity. Owners are probably counting on the free publicity over the 'outrage' and subsequent bashing of the bar on Yelp.

https://chicago.eater.com/2018/6/25/...ca-great-again
I don’t see a problem with their ban. Hope the bar owner enjoys evenings with snow flakes.

Which hat will next be banned?

How many people were wearing a hat like that at his bar and how much more income will this bar owner make now?

In the end I hope this bar owner is happy with his five seconds of media attention.

Old 06-25-2018, 11:05 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,135,605 times
Quote:
People should immediately do the right thing: Get as many friends together as possible, go buy MAGA hats and troll the living **** out of that restaurant!! If you're going to be a bunch of dicks, you deserve it!!

How on earth did the Left allow the words "Make America Great Again" into an evil and offensive slogan?? Talk about losing control of the message!
Not a huge fan of property rights, are ya?

Old 06-25-2018, 11:21 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,565,409 times
Quote:

When the messenger is a complete piece of crap, those things happen.

Old 06-26-2018, 12:09 AM

800 posts, read 508,374 times
Not a problem. As long as its not a problem if other businesses also disallow "liberal" hats and clothing, or anything else under the sun that they don't want on their premises.

I wouldn't wear a MAGA hat partially because in my liberal area it would only be a matter of time before some member of the peaceful and tolerant left physically assaults me for wearing it. Not joking about that either.

Old 06-26-2018, 12:28 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,597,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wambatown81 View Post
Not a problem. As long as its not a problem if other businesses also disallow "liberal" hats and clothing, or anything else under the sun that they don't want on their premises.

I wouldn't wear a MAGA hat partially because in my liberal area it would only be a matter of time before some member of the peaceful and tolerant left physically assaults me for wearing it. Not joking about that either.
Not saying it right. Yet, maybe the diference is that in our society certain people defacto avoid going to certain establishments already. I mean if your gay, or liberal maybe you avoid going to places that you might not feel comfortable in. So a liberal HC supporter in a red county might voluntarily avoid a red neck bar being dressed in a rainbow t shirt. Now a person making a point to wear a MAGA hat perhaps to be provactive is getting ostracized. Not saying its righr. If I was in West Virginia I would not want to wear a " F Trump hat ". Not only cause its in poor taste but because it might offend my neighbor. So here we are in this culture war. I dont go out of my way to invite hostilty with my neighbors even though I have definite political views. How about you ? What will you do in your littlle way to make thibgs better. I have a coworker at work who is MAGA hat wearer and I treat him nicely and respectfully. Not everything is limited and defined by party affiliation.

Last edited by bxlover; 06-26-2018 at 12:41 AM..

Old 06-26-2018, 12:37 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,597,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wambatown81 View Post

But cant let that pass. Why would you honestly fear an attack by a democrat ? Come on ? We are reading too much political news and spin. It can happen ofcourse not saying it can't. I could be attacked by a MAGA hat wearer too. But in reality neither event is likely. Dont go start believing the divisive message that the other party has violent people out to get you. That is false and fear mongering. Keep your head and don't allow that type of thinking to take hold in your mind. I implore you. For that democrat liberal is more likely to lend you his lawn mower or help you fix a flat on the road or walk your elderly mother across the street then knock you over the head cause you support Trump.

Old 06-26-2018, 01:46 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,584,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
Someone should have Make America Gracious Again hats then walk in to see them flip out lol!
Actually, I would probably buy one of those.

Please note that I am not a Trump supporter.

Old 06-26-2018, 01:48 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,584,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
I'm pretty sure it's Trump who lost control of the message.

Most of the folks on the left that I associate with, thing MAGA is dumb, because America IS great. The folks on the Right I associate with, mainly older, seem to think MAGA means taking it back to a fonder time that they remember.
There is something to this. I get accused of being anti-American just about every day on here, either specifically as an individual, or by virtue of being a liberal, yet Trump probably spoke more disrespectfully of America during the campaign than anyone I have ever heard. It's quite odd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies