Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 08:37 AM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,086,851 times

Advertisements

Don't get it?

Why is it OK to be flagrantly homosexual, but not OK to be flagrantly Rep?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2018, 08:38 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,501,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
People should immediately do the right thing: Get as many friends together as possible, go buy MAGA hats and troll the living **** out of that restaurant!! If you're going to be a bunch of dicks, you deserve it!!

How on earth did the Left allow the words "Make America Great Again" into an evil and offensive slogan?? Talk about losing control of the message!
Because some find it insulting. Some feel america was already great.

Old 06-26-2018, 08:39 AM

19,655 posts, read 12,248,543 times
Is there really much of a difference between religious beliefs -illegal to discriminate and political beliefs - legal to discriminate. They both tend to be deeply held ideals and beliefs. Why is one set of beliefs legally protected and the other is not?

Old 06-26-2018, 08:40 AM

78,454 posts, read 60,666,856 times
It's their right to do so but you guys need to learn to read between the lines.

This whole thing is a smokescreen. I mean seriously, who sees people roaming around hipster bars like this in MAGA hats? I live around KC and I've never seen a single one.

So, it's a red herring where the bar is trying to keep out "certain folks" meaning poorer, browner etc. that tend to have the face tats but didn't want to get called out by SJW's soooooo they threw in MAGA hats as a distraction. LOL they could have said you can't bring your pet tiger in there too while they're at it.

P.S. Lincoln park has about 1 murder per 100k residents annually. 3 miles west-ish of there you will see neighborhoods that are 30x higher than that....and they don't want *those people* coming to their establishment. This is how Chicago rolls folks in case you never lived there.

Old 06-26-2018, 08:42 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,105,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Politics and liquor don't mix. This one makes business sense.
Yep. I don't like people who wear their religion on their sleeve. And I don't like people who wear their politics on their head (so to speak). If I went into a bar I would not sit next to someone wearing a MAGA cap. I have no interest in listening to some drunk rant about how great Trump is.

Old 06-26-2018, 08:46 AM

11,223 posts, read 8,312,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
People should immediately do the right thing: Get as many friends together as possible, go buy MAGA hats and troll the living **** out of that restaurant!! If you're going to be a bunch of dicks, you deserve it!!
Maxine, is that you?

Old 06-26-2018, 09:42 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,106,248 times
For the record I support the owners right to discriminate, let the free market take care of things. That being said, my issue is always with the hypocrisy and double standard of Neo Progs. What if he made an announcement banning "I'm with her" hats and t-shirts? Those same leftists that are now trumpeting his right as a business owner would be crying "racism", "misogynist" and every other invective.

Old 06-26-2018, 09:44 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,501,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
For the record I support the owners right to discriminate, let the free market take care of things. That being said, my issue is always with the hypocrisy and double standard of Neo Progs. What if he made an announcement banning "I'm with her" hats and t-shirts? Those same leftists that are now trumpeting his right as a business owner would be crying "racism", "misogynist" and every other invective.
i wouldnt.

Old 06-26-2018, 09:53 AM

11,223 posts, read 8,312,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Just because the right is doing this (MAGA hats and Red Hen) does not mean the left would.

More likely, the left has all along opposed the exclusion of people for their race, sexual orientiation, politics, etc. I think most (not all) of us would be happy if businesses were to just do their job, and serve their customers, regardless of their background or beliefs. But it seems the POTUS and his ilk have set the tone, and we're all being forced to play by the new rules.

As usual, the right projects a bunch of crying, whining and butt-hurt on the left, while the left moves on, gets on with their day and OBSERVES a bunch of crying, whining and butt-hurt from the Trump-flakes.

I fully expect that someone will respond with some variant of "I know you are but what am I?".

Old 06-26-2018, 10:00 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,502,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
I've never seen a person wear one of those in public in the flesh.
Lucky you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies