Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 01:53 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,598,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Actually, I would probably buy one of those.

Please note that I am not a Trump supporter.
The thing that the MAGA hat represents is great messaging. It won him the race. Its a simple optimistic measage in four words. Its patriotic and hard to argue agaignst. It beat " Im With Her " hands down. BUT at this point any play on the acroynym would be lost on most people. The irony of using the subsitituion of Gracious would be insulting to many who would say your calling them less then gracious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2018, 02:01 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
The thing that the MAGA hat represents is great messaging. It won him the race. Its a simple optimistic measage in four words. Its patriotic and hard to argue agaignst. It beat " Im With Her " hands down. BUT at this point any play on the acroynym would be lost on most people. The irony of using the subsitituion of Gracious would be insulting to many who would say your calling them less then gracious.
It's just a shoe. Whether or not it fits is, like beauty, in the eye of the beholder.

Old 06-26-2018, 05:17 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,592,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Whatever, their bar their right.

As they say, no such thing as bad publicity. Owners are probably counting on the free publicity over the 'outrage' and subsequent bashing of the bar on Yelp.

https://chicago.eater.com/2018/6/25/...ca-great-again
Note its being done in Chicago not Dallas. Probably good for business.

Old 06-26-2018, 05:22 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,652,334 times
Many of the bars around here restrict biker gangs from wearing their colors. I see nothing different here.

Old 06-26-2018, 05:54 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,873,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
I've never seen a person wear one of those in public in the flesh.
I think I saw it for the first time when I was visiting family in Maryland around Memorial Day weekend. I went to Panera in a really diverse area, and there was an older man sporting the MAGA hat. It was kinda awkward because the guy at the cash register was Hispanic and he looked a little nervous. He was very professional and the man with the MAGA hat was polite. There were lots of minorities around and you could see that they noticed the hat, but nobody paid him much mind. Everyone got along fine, although it did seem like there was a somewhat unspoken awkwardness.

Old 06-26-2018, 05:59 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
I think I saw it for the first time when I was visiting family in Maryland around Memorial Day weekend. I went to Panera in a really diverse area, and there was an older man sporting the MAGA hat. It was kinda awkward because the guy at the cash register was Hispanic and he looked a little nervous. He was very professional and the man with the MAGA hat was polite. There were lots of minorities around and you could see that they noticed the hat, but nobody paid him much mind. Everyone got along fine, although it did seem like there was a somewhat unspoken awkwardness.
Maybe it was your own insecurities filtering what you think you saw?
I always laugh when I see MAGA wear.

Old 06-26-2018, 06:05 AM

23,559 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
I'm pretty sure it's Trump who lost control of the message.

Most of the folks on the left that I associate with, thing MAGA is dumb, because America IS great. The folks on the Right I associate with, mainly older, seem to think MAGA means taking it back to a fonder time that they remember.
Same folks thought ISIS was the jv team.

The left contorts all symbols, words and phrases, no matter their positive message, to extreme hate filled distortions. Which they then publicize with media help.

What kind of bar would have a dress code, except for some yuppie high end cover charge establishment.

A bar is a place to drink, an old man's bar, where you stare into your wild turkey 101. What the heck kind of bar would ban a MAGA hat?

Old 06-26-2018, 08:29 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,873,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Maybe it was your own insecurities filtering what you think you saw?
I always laugh when I see MAGA wear.
I have no idea what you mean? I can’t understand you incoherent comment

Old 06-26-2018, 08:32 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,495,432 times
Politics and liquor don't mix. This one makes business sense.

Old 06-26-2018, 08:35 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
They banned a lot of things--graphic tees, hats (not just maga caps), tats...not unusual for certain establisments, even bars. Of course, we know what got the headlines. And the thread title.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies