Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2018, 05:39 AM

10,785 posts, read 4,356,071 times

Advertisements

......when in fact he easily had the votes in the House 217-185.
That shows you how hard life is for leading Democrats in the Trump era.
They've never before faced a challenge anything like Trump.
Only 6 more years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2018, 05:48 AM

30,651 posts, read 18,255,332 times
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...r-wall-funding

Quote:
During a heated debate between Trump, Pelosi, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., and a silent Vice President Mike Pence on Dec. 11, Trump said he would have no problem getting 218 votes for money to replace and build new barriers on the U.S.-Mexico border.

"If I needed the votes for the wall in the House, I would have them in one session — we'd be done," Trump said.

"Well, then do it. Do it," Pelosi said.

"It doesn't help for me to take a vote in the House where I will win easily with the Republicans," said Trump. Only eight Republicans voted against the spending bill Thursday, which is aimed at avoiding a government shutdown.

"You will not win," said Pelosi. "The fact is you do not have the votes in the House."

"Nancy, I do," said Trump.

"Well, then let's take the vote and find out," she said.
Of course, the corrupt, left wing media isn't calling Pelosi on this comment or pressing Schumer with the results.

Old 12-21-2018, 05:53 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...r-wall-funding

Of course, the corrupt, left wing media isn't calling Pelosi on this comment or pressing Schumer with the results.
And you are wrong again -- lol.

All the articles I have read from all different sources have clearly noted that Pelosi claimed Trump didn't have the votes.

Why do you folks feel the need to make stuff up.

Pelosi was wrong....and there is no need to pretend that the media isn't reporting that Pelosi claimed Trmp didn't have the votes.

I will argue -- that day he didn't...he claimed he could have taken the vote THAT day and within 10 minutes got it passed. But he didn't have the votes that day -- that's why they didn't vote.

I believe -- that the House did pass it at the last minute because they knew it didn't matter -- it wasn't going to pass the Senate so it was a show....but a futile attempt.

And you have no way of proving my idea wrong.

Old 12-21-2018, 06:04 AM

30,651 posts, read 18,255,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
And you are wrong again -- lol.

All the articles I have read from all different sources have clearly noted that Pelosi claimed Trump didn't have the votes.

Why do you folks feel the need to make stuff up.

Pelosi was wrong....and there is no need to pretend that the media isn't reporting that Pelosi claimed Trmp didn't have the votes.

I will argue -- that day he didn't...he claimed he could have taken the vote THAT day and within 10 minutes got it passed. But he didn't have the votes that day -- that's why they didn't vote.

I believe -- that the House did pass it at the last minute because they knew it didn't matter -- it wasn't going to pass the Senate so it was a show....but a futile attempt.

And you have no way of proving my idea wrong.
Care to share any of these "sources?"

And, note, reporting that Nancy Pelosi said this in a newspaper article is hardly calling her out for the remark. If you want to get an example of calling someone out, look at the nastiness written about Donald Trump when he is shown to be wrong.

Still, sources?

I know its the Democrat way, but saying that something is wrong hardly makes it so. I would've thought that the Kavanaugh hearings (and the multiple recantations that came along with it) would have taught y'all a lesson in this regard.

Old 12-21-2018, 06:12 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,668,712 times
Nancy is not only out of touch with the people but she's out of touch with people in her work place.

Nancy doesn't need armed security for safety. She needs a football helmet.

Why Nancy maintains a wall between her and the more correct and reasonable President but claims the wall won't work as part of national security is a mystery.

Old 12-21-2018, 06:15 AM

Quote:

And, note, reporting that Nancy Pelosi said this in a newspaper article is hardly calling her out for the remark. If you want to get an example of calling someone out, look at the nastiness written about Donald Trump when he is shown to be wrong.

Still, sources?

I know its the Democrat way, but saying that something is wrong hardly makes it so. I would've thought that the Kavanaugh hearings (and the multiple recantations that came along with it) would have taught y'all a lesson in this regard.
First of all -- not a Democrat -- anti-Trump does not make a person a Democrat.

Second, I don't have to cite sources to a comment where there is no proof or sources cited.

Old 12-21-2018, 06:18 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,018,075 times
Link to the transcript of what was said in the Oval office:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.910c0caf964a

Note that during the course of the conversation Pelosi said 1) you (Trump) do have the votes in the House, so have a vote, to which Trump responds that it would be a waste of time due to the Senate; and 2) later in the talk she suddenly proclaims that he does not have the votes in the House.

So, one may pick the part they like.

Old 12-21-2018, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Link to the transcript of what was said in the Oval office:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.910c0caf964a

Note that during the course of the conversation Pelosi said 1) you (Trump) do have the votes in the House, so have a vote, to which Trump responds that it would be a waste of time due to the Senate; and 2) later in the talk she suddenly proclaims that he does not have the votes in the House.

So, one may pick the part they like.
Trump didn't have the votes at that time and she was right and she knew it.
Yesterday he got the votes...and still doesn't have the Senate votes so I guess it was a waste of time? I don't think so...I think the House should have voted last week if they had the votes because now there is little time to use that leverage to get any Senate Democrats to shift their votes and to convince ALL Senate Republicans to vote yes.

Old 12-21-2018, 06:24 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,196,360 times
Nancy still thinks W Bush is president

Old 12-21-2018, 06:25 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,993,563 times
Quote:

Still, sources?

If you go to 1:32 of this video. She clearly says theres not enough votes in the house for a wall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaIX_SI7sgw
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies