Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 09:07 PM

2,987 posts, read 1,756,629 times

Advertisements

Big things happening in my hometown!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2018, 09:08 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,641,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
LOL, you are really posting about a 30 million dollar investment in an existing facility ?

My goodness you guys are scraping the barrel to find good news for Trump.... Meanwhile trumps tariffs are a TAX on the goods you buy. steel is already costing an arm and a leg, i would hate to an american manufacturer under Trump.
Yes, I realize you get snippy and disheartened any time America benefits thanks to Trump. But please stop being such a killjoy

Old 06-27-2018, 09:10 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,907,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
400.. if you read it all. For Alabama. This is a good thing Every American job created counts Thats 400 less jobs for CHINA . This is BIG, because of the limited companies in the US creating solar panels .
I’m not a big supporter of solar, but I think it’s about to start maturing into a realistic power source. Also, 400 jobs in the US do help China. That’s more wages to buy stuff at Walmart. The majority of crap will continue to be made in cheap labor countries.

Old 06-27-2018, 09:11 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,999,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
LOL, you are really posting about a 30 million dollar investment in an existing facility ?

My goodness you guys are scraping the barrel to find good news for Trump.... Meanwhile trumps tariffs are a TAX on the goods you buy. steel is already costing an arm and a leg, i would hate to an american manufacturer under Trump.
Sure am. Thats foreign $$$ flowing into the US economy. Those are jobs that will have extra tax revenue. On top of that , the U.S. economy is projected to expand in the second quarter at an annual pace of nearly 4%. US GDP to Hit Elusive 3% Annual Growth for the first time since 2005.

The free market economy is on fiirrrrrrrre.......its a beautiful sight after the dark years of Obozo.

https://www.nasdaq.com/article/us-gd...picks-cm984089

Old 06-27-2018, 09:12 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,756,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So you only count jobs added,. If jobs are lost it doesn't matter?

More than double the number of existing solar projects are under construction as we speak. Tariffs didn't hurt us. Have faith. Life is good. Trump might be a d*ck, but he's man in terms of creating business and spurring the economy.

Quick Facts

• There are nearly6,000 major solar projects currently in the database, representing roughly 70 GW of capacity.
  • The list shows that there is over 20.5 GWac of major solar projects currently operating.
  • There remains an enormous amount of capacity in the pipeline, with over 49 GW of PV and CSP projects either under construction or under development.
https://www.seia.org/research-resour...-projects-list

Old 06-27-2018, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
I’m not a big supporter of solar, but I think it’s about to start maturing into a realistic power source. Also, 400 jobs in the US do help China. That’s more wages to buy stuff at Walmart. The majority of crap will continue to be made in cheap labor countries.
I dont think LG would be making a investment here in the US if they did not see a opportunity to achieve a great yield on their investments . Now they can expand their solar panels in the worlds largest economy without tariffs.

Old 06-27-2018, 09:16 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,756,032 times
Quote:
I dont think LG would be making a investment here in the US if they did not see a opportunity to achieve a great yield on their investments . Now they can expand their solar panels in the worlds largest economy without tariffs.
- World's largest market.
- Tariff free.
+
- Lowered corporate tax rate.
- Reduced environmental red tape.

Old 06-27-2018, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
- World's largest market.
- Tariff free.
+
- Lowered corporate tax rate.
- Reduced environmental red tape.
Its a recipe for economic prosperity and greatness.... something obozo failed to see

Old 06-27-2018, 09:21 PM

39,876 posts, read 26,558,268 times
Quote:
400.. if you read it all. For Alabama. This is a good thing Every American job created counts Thats 400 less jobs for CHINA . This is BIG, because of the limited companies in the US creating solar panels .
You have to remember-American liberals would far prefer to have those people unemployed and destitute, and to lose the tax base provided by that company, than to have this country prosper while Trump is in office.

The left's takeover of the Democratic party and the continued hatred and contempt for the American people is rapidly destroying what limited support remains for the Democratic party. You are pretty much left with a few far-left, often mentally disturbed extremists and those that make a living by playing dress-up.

Old 06-27-2018, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
You have to remember-American liberals would far prefer to have those people unemployed and destitute, and to lose the tax base provided by that company, than to have this country prosper while Trump is in office.
They will never get it. They want to control the population through welfare, and penalize the free market/companies by redistribution of stolen wealth that is created.

The government does not create wealth. It only re-distributes it through taxation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies