Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2018, 07:37 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,526,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
thatd be a wonderful step forward for our country.
And talk like this is exactly what’s wrong with this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2018, 07:43 AM

42,839 posts, read 26,242,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Yet abortion is legal. These parents didn't get an abortion. So that argument is pointless. They obviously didn't know ahead of time that they didn't want the abortion or that they would be horrible parents.
So because some women who don't want or can't care for children don't have an abortion that means that there is no sense in making abortion available to other women? That is some of the most tortured logic I've read here.

Old 06-29-2018, 07:46 AM

42,839 posts, read 26,242,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
We already know the baby won't survive either way. That's what it's about. Getting rid of a baby. I guess you are all about the woman?
With the millions of abortions performed each year, the percentage of women doing so due to their health or the fact that the baby is deformed is small in comparison.
The lie that every woman getting an abortion due to her health or the baby's health is done so to guilt the public into to becoming apathetic about abortion or at the very least to cause them to feel like a heel for speaking out about it.
These are little bodies of children being destroyed intentionally. Lives lost. Dogs are treated better.

Then those who are pro abortion attack the pro lifers who speak out about it as if we are wrong for doing so.
Cute little babies are not aborted, killing a baby is murder. We are talking about a fetus that is not viable, can't think, can't feel pain and is incapable of living outside of the body of its host.

Old 06-29-2018, 07:54 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,747,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Cute little babies are not aborted, killing a baby is murder. We are talking about a fetus that is not viable, can't think, can't feel pain and is incapable of living outside of the body of its host.
I've seen some pictures of fetuses that are very cute. And at various stages in their development they have various states of pain perception and overall awareness. You can't hear them scream but that doesn't mean they're not real. I am pro abortion so in my opinion you can and should abort all you want but don't try to weasel your way out of any moral inconveniences behind what you're doing.

Old 06-29-2018, 08:03 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,526,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I've seen some pictures of fetuses that are very cute. And at various stages in their development they have various states of pain perception and overall awareness. You can't hear them scream but that doesn't mean they're not real. I am pro abortion so in my opinion you can and should abort all you want but don't try to weasel your way out of any moral inconveniences behind what you're doing.
Yet you want the right too tell a woman what she can and cannot do with her body.

No no has that right!

Old 06-29-2018, 08:05 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,747,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Yet you want the right too tell a woman what she can and cannot do with her body.

No no has that right!
I'm pro abortion. Did you miss that part?

Old 06-29-2018, 08:08 AM

37,106 posts, read 41,233,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Your point is? Again, abortions were not illegal pre Roe nationwide and, even where they were illegal, you can still estimate how many were occuring illegally. In any event, as I wrote, it is commonsensical to argue that the number of abortions increased when it became legal (nationwide), easier, and safer to obtain one post Roe.

And a majority of Americans do not support unrestricted abortion: https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...-restrictions/

Given that overturning Roe would not ban abortion nationwide (and those few states that would completely ban abortion will remain GOP friendly regardless), I can't foresee major backlash against the GOP
Common sense would say that numbers just got transferred from the illegal column (for which the total was never really known) to the legal column.

Old 06-29-2018, 08:13 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
This is all very interesting to me because my abortion, years ago, took place at University Hospital in Columbus right down the street from this clinic. I've told the story before, but in summary, I terminated my pregnancy at 21 weeks after a prenatal ultrasound and amniocentesis that confirmed nonviability due to profound fetal defect. University Hospital was the best possible environment for such a procedure. I was admitted without fuss just like every other patient, so there were no protestors yelling or waving signs in my face, and I received wonderful care from a compassionate and highly-trained staff during one of the saddest times in my life. After I went home, I received follow-up from both my medical team and the pastoral team (at my request). I truly wish that all women who abort could have a similar experience and not be subjected to the nonsense that goes on outside most clinics on a daily basis. Abortion is an issue that I continue to struggle with because I don't fit nearly into either side. I know how deeply painful it can be to terminate pregnancy and all the guilt and feelings of failure that come with such a decision, but I also know that sometimes it is the most appropriate choice. I've written this many times before, and I'll repeat it again now: I have no regrets, only sadness. Abortion isn't going anywhere, and we can either make it safe and accessible, or we can force women into the shadows to pursue more dangerous options. I'd rather choose the former.

Old 06-29-2018, 08:34 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,713,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
No one claims that. But fewer abortion clinics do mean fewer abortions as not everyone is eager to break the law if abortion is outlawed or take unnecessary risk if they are just difficult to come by.
Fewer abortion clinics likely means substantially more births funded by state Medicaid. Most states are already over the 50% mark.

It takes a male and female engaging in unprotected sex to produce a baby.

Old 06-29-2018, 08:40 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,713,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
This is all very interesting to me because my abortion, years ago, took place at University Hospital in Columbus right down the street from this clinic. I've told the story before, but in summary, I terminated my pregnancy at 21 weeks after a prenatal ultrasound and amniocentesis that confirmed nonviability due to profound fetal defect. University Hospital was the best possible environment for such a procedure. I was admitted without fuss just like every other patient, so there were no protestors yelling or waving signs in my face, and I received wonderful care from a compassionate and highly-trained staff during one of the saddest times in my life. After I went home, I received follow-up from both my medical team and the pastoral team (at my request). I truly wish that all women who abort could have a similar experience and not be subjected to the nonsense that goes on outside most clinics on a daily basis. Abortion is an issue that I continue to struggle with because I don't fit nearly into either side. I know how deeply painful it can be to terminate pregnancy and all the guilt and feelings of failure that come with such a decision, but I also know that sometimes it is the most appropriate choice. I've written this many times before, and I'll repeat it again now: I have no regrets, only sadness. Abortion isn't going anywhere, and we can either make it safe and accessible, or we can force women into the shadows to pursue more dangerous options. I'd rather choose the former.
I am pro choice. Having said this I do not understand late term abortion at whim, independent of a medical condition. Most abortions occur well before the fetus is viable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies