Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2018, 10:12 AM

89,348 posts, read 45,091,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Those desiring an abortion will cross state lines dependent on proximity and/ or means to travel.

Those without proximity or means will likely carry and deliver. It will have a serious impact on state Medicaid funded births which are in excess of 50% in most states.
It shouldn't. There are 14,000+ Public Health Department Family Planning Clinics located nationwide that provide free or very low-cost contraceptives. Why aren't women using them?

Old 06-29-2018, 10:12 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,419,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I've asked this question several times, and no one has answered it. Women can get birth control at the exact same Planned Parenthood facilities at which they get their abortions. So why aren't they using those readily available contraceptives instead of using abortion as a form of birth control?

More Black babies are aborted in New York City than born | PolitiFact
I don't know the answer to that question. Do you?

Old 06-29-2018, 10:14 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,873,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
The idea of Roe “vee” Wade being overturned is merely a political tool being used by the left to get out the vote and to gin up hate from the emotionally retarded.
Calm down democrats, your sacred golden cow will not be sacrificed.
It's one of many political tools used by both parties.

Decision to abort or not is a personal choice and not political.

Old 06-29-2018, 10:17 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,419,349 times
Quote:

Yes, and the guarantee of privacy extends to a woman's right to abortion (within certain limits), as Roe v. Wade settled in 1973.

Old 06-29-2018, 10:17 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,873,537 times
Quote:
It shouldn't. There are 14,000+ Public Health Department Family Planning Clinics located nationwide that provide free or very low-cost contraceptives. Why aren't women using them?
Beats me.

Why do many males prefer not to use a condom?

Takes a male and female engaging in unprotected sex to produce a baby.

Old 06-29-2018, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I don't know the answer to that question. Do you?
No, that's why I'm asking. Why is abortion preferable to obtaining contraceptives at the exact same Planned Parenthood facilities (to prevent the pregnancy in the first place) for so many women?

Old 06-29-2018, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Beats me.

Why do many males prefer not to use a condom?
Not the same. Women have many different choices of contraceptives, not just condoms. There's no reason to rely on abortion as a birth control method when women could have obtained contraceptives to prevent the pregnancy in the first place at the exact same Planned Parenthood facilities.

Old 06-29-2018, 10:27 AM

24,817 posts, read 9,583,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
The right wing is salivating over the possibility that a new Supreme Court might overturn Roe v. Wade. If that happens, it won't reduce the number of abortions, only who does them: a doctor or a friend with a coathanger.
Agreed. And I’ve preached this many times. Humans have abortions, it’s what they do. Do we want it in a safe professional medical environment with trained personnel or do we want back alley abortions and coat hangers. It really illustrates the delusion some folks have with thinking abortions will ever stop, they won’t.

Old 06-29-2018, 10:27 AM

19,311 posts, read 17,197,214 times
Quote:
No, that's why I'm asking. Why is abortion preferable to obtaining contraceptives at the exact same Planned Parenthood facilities (to prevent the pregnancy in the first place) for so many women?
It it preferable or is it just sh*t happens? We have a daughter that proves preventative methods don't always work. How many locations have had their family clinics shut down or defunded preventing the distribution of contraception.

For such a continued outcry to prevent this choice/option how come there are so many children waiting to be adopted ?

Old 06-29-2018, 10:28 AM

3,348 posts, read 1,976,874 times
Quote:

Nice deflection. You get the “baffle them with blsht” award.
When there’s millions in taxpayer dollars being funneled back through the planned parenthood lobbyists to democrat politicians, there is a political problem masquerading as a personal decision.
And personally I have no opinion on abortion. Whoever is having the abortion has to pick up the intellectual tab for it in one form or another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies