Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 12:33 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,417,441 times

Advertisements

I seem to recall Nixon used money from various contributions to payoff people-like the Watergate burglars. I suspect Trumps campaign is using this money in a similar fashion. Or trying to launder it back to him-or themselves.

Mueller is right to look into this, but anyone thinking this is new is nuts. I'm sure Mueller has been investigating this since last year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2018, 12:36 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,745,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Why would Mueller give up a 7 figure salary to milk the government for 6 figures?

Think before you post, people.
He is bringing in more people so THEY can milk the government. They are probably kicking back to his firm.

You can say the same thing about Trump giving up millions for a civil service job.

Old 07-05-2018, 12:39 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,745,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I seem to recall Nixon used money from various contributions to payoff people-like the Watergate burglars. I suspect Trumps campaign is using this money in a similar fashion. Or trying to launder it back to him-or themselves.

Mueller is right to look into this, but anyone thinking this is new is nuts. I'm sure Mueller has been investigating this since last year.
Nixon had nothing to do with the Watergate burglars. They were overzealous campaign workers for the RNC. He was dragged into this after the fact.

Old 07-05-2018, 12:43 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,438,649 times
No signs of slowing down. Mr. Mueller is a true American Republican patriot.

Old 07-05-2018, 12:43 PM

12,688 posts, read 6,753,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Russia-tied donations and oligarch connections. Unexplained large sums of money.

https://www.vox.com/2018/7/5/1750572...ans-rick-gates

Trump's inauguration committee raised $106 million but only had an estimated $50 mil in expenses. "...the chair of George W. Bush’s second inauguration, Greg Jenkins, said he was baffled. “They had a third of the staff and a quarter of the events and they raise at least twice as much as we did,” he said. “So there’s the obvious question: Where did it go? I don’t know.”" That extra $50 mil ended up in whose pocket? Follow the money. Rick Gates, right hand man of Paul Manafort, was heavily involved in the fund raising.

It is illegal for an inauguration committee to accept foreign donations. Many of the big donors have extensive dealings in Russia, UAE, Qatar and Saudi Arabia. "...Mueller’s investigators wanted to know why several billionaires with “deep ties to Russia” got access to “exclusive, invitation-only receptions” during the inauguration."
First of all your source is about as credible as the Weekly World News. But fine, if Trump and his campaign actually committed a crime, then of course they should be held accountable. Right now is also a wonderful opportunity to do a deep investigation on the Democrat side of things. Hillary Clinton stinks to high heaven of corruption as does the Obama administration. If the FBI, IRS, NSA, CIA, federal agencies were used by one side to try to stack the deck for their side, that needs to be dealt with and we need mechanisms to ensure it never happens again.

I'm all for rooting out corruption and to hell with what-about-isms. To hell with playing favorites. I say let there be no cover for the guilty and the corrupt. Who cares what letter shows up next to their name?

Old 07-05-2018, 12:47 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,417,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Nixon had nothing to do with the Watergate burglars. They were overzealous campaign workers for the RNC. He was dragged into this after the fact.
And his campaign money was funneled to them. Its UNCLEAR if Nixon had anything to do with them, or not. But its VERY clear what occurred afterwards.

Old 07-05-2018, 12:53 PM

12,688 posts, read 6,753,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

So are you saying that spying on or infiltrating the opposing party under the excuse of "investigation" is wrong? Glad to hear it. So if HRC and BHO are found to be guilty of doing exactly that, how many years in prison should they serve?

But by all means, if Trump and his people are actually guilty of something, to hell with them too. I got no loyalty to the guy. Mueller has been at this a long time and the only crimes that he's turned up were committed by people about a decade before they had any affiliation with Trump. Sure, Trump certainly seems the type to do some crooked ****. The fact that they've turned up jack squat so far seems to indicate that he actually kept his nose pretty clean. Kinda like George W hunting for WMD's in Iraq. Saddam Hussein certainly seemed the type to have such things. He sure acted like he had something to hide. End of the day, we found squat. Can't win em all, right?

Old 07-05-2018, 12:55 PM

37,282 posts, read 19,276,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
If only Trump had the backing of the Republicans, he would most likely fire Mueller and end
this pathetic charade.
If he fired Mueller, it would be the stupidest thing Trump ever did, and that's saying a lot. Not only would it not stop the investigation, he would immediately face Articles of Impeachment.

If Donnie Divot is innocent, the best thing he could ever do for himself is to cut out a block of time to sit with Bob Mueller and answer his questions and clear the matter up. Any innocent person would jump at the chance to prove it.

Old 07-05-2018, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
No. It means the gravy train is coming to a stop and its time to soak the government for as much money as possible in billable hours.
Mueller was making more money as a partner in a law firm. He's not in it for the money, and that is what scares hell out of Mango Mussolini. Mueller can't be bought, and that is something Donnie is not at all used to encountering. That and the absolute silence about what Mueller is investigating has to be driving him nuts. If Manafort or Cohen roll and sing, you'll be able to hear him sweat from Seattle.

Old 07-05-2018, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Something better happen! Trump is fixing to release the entire 9-11 CIA, FBI & DNI cover-up with Muellers name all over it.
Bring it. Bobby Three Sticks ain't skeered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies